Burn

HIGH HOPES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The promise of tomorrow's happiness and contentment shower us with hope. Looking forward to things that make us happy can be so euphoric. Being lost in waves of happiness can be so confusing. Realizing that everything can't go the way you want it to be. Happiness can turn to sorrow. Sorrow can turn to dark thoughts. Dark thoughts can make you depressed that you don't know how to hold on anymore. When you think, you get a grip of your tomorrow, that's when it falls apart, that's when it fails you. 

 

 

Dried tears decorated her pale face. She blankly stared at the ceiling as if there's anything to look at to. The red orange sky flooded the room with no lights on. She lay on her warm bed but it felt cold. She felt empty. She woke up from the dead and never thought, she would come back, and this time it was worse than before. Jisoo left her unintentionally but Lisa. How she wanted to hate her. How it felt right to detest her. She hated herself instead. She has risen from the dead to be pushed back to the depths again. How painful love can be. At least Jisoo loved her till her last breath. Lisa's turn ended before it even started. She cried helplessly, desolation felt right in, thorns plunged in her heart causing pain in her chest upon the thought of her situation,  of Lisa. She was almost there, in the end of the tunnel, she could see the light but then, dragged back to where it all started and it became darker as ever. She wanted to cross the bridge but it was destroyed before she even landed her first step. She covered her eyes with the back of her hand and the pain and lost hope took a toll in her that she lost appetite, lost the will to face anyone, lost the will to talk. She was willing to open her heart to Lisa, to her only. It was partly her fault, she never asked. Lisa never talked anything about her personal life. She never thought Lisa could have a girlfriend when her attention was all on her. Maybe she just misinterpreted Lisa's good intentions towards her. Maybe she just assumed too much. Maybe she just had high hopes that Lisa and her could be together.

 

 

She got up, took a bottle of vodka from the bar counter, put some on the glass and drank straight without ice. Her face cringe from the after taste but took a few shots consecutively until she felt dizzy for a while. She took it and sat on the chair

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter