Mina

If Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Take care of yourself sweetie and don’t forget to send my love to your unnies", My mom says kissing my cheeks as she handed my things to me.

I'm here at the airport to fly back to Seoul after taking a week of vacation here in Jeju.

"Also make sure to give this to your Naong unnie, she's been calling nonstop to send her some tangerines", my dad added hugging me.

"Arasso", I said cheerfully smiling as I gave them one last farewell.

Throughout the flight, all I did was randomly listen to music feeling excited to see my unnies. I’m sure they missed me too eventhough I was only gone for one week.

"Minayah!", I immediately smiled upon hearing that familiar voice. My smile grew wider when I saw Naong unnie excitedly waving her hands with Hana unnie and Mimi unnie beside her.

"I miss you my baby tangerine", Naong unnie says tightly hugging me.

"I miss you too unnie but I was only gone for a week", I said hugging her back and smile at Hana and Mimi unnie.

"It’s been eternity for me", she said as I let her be knowing she’ll be more mushy with me if I kept our conversation going.

"So how’s Jeju? Did you enjoy your week?", Hana unnie asked.

"It was great, I spent most of my time with my family and some friends", I told her and remember the tangerines.

"By the way, my mom sent you these", I said taking out the tangerines from my bag.

"Finally, I've been waiting for those. I thought you'll get the idea when I called you baby tangerine earlier", Naong unnie getting one.

"I honestly thought you were just being sweet because you miss me a lot", I said feeling a bit betrayed by her.

"I did miss you but I’ve been looking forward to these since you went to Jeju", she said as she grab a piece of tangerine while laughing.

"Why are the two of you here anyway? Aren't you two supposed to be at the hospital", I said as I notice Naong unnie still wearing her hospital gown.

"Mimi dropped by to visit Sejeong earlier so we decided to come with her", Hana unnie explained as I nod in response.

“Want to go there to? I could drop your things for you”, Mimi unnie offered as I shook my head.

“I’ll go later, I want to do something first before I visit Sejeong unnie”, I said smiling lightly as I hid the growing loneliness that’s starting to build inside me.

Sejeong unnie was one of the unnies that I really adore.

She’s someone I look up to and admire not just because she’s smart and good at almost everything but also because of how admirable her personality is.

She’s someone who’s really patient, understanding and reliable. And since I’m not good with words and often struggle in composing my thoughts she would patiently listen to me and would wrap everything for me. But what I love the most about her is she never judge or belittle anyone.

I still remember how much I struggle with myself after moving here in Seoul from Jeju. I was getting homesick and having a hard time coping with my new surroundings. I didn’t tell it to anyone not even the unnies that I’m living with as I was embarrass knowing that my problem isn’t really that big. But Sejeong unnie was able to notice it immediately.

She asked me to hangout and eat somewhere with her saying she’ll going to treat me but I didn’t expect her to tell me to tell my problems to her. I hesitated at first since I find it embarrassing and I was afraid that she would laugh at me but I didn’t expect her to comfort me so much and treat my problem as something big and serious. She encouraged me a lot and help me adjust with my new environment so I was really thankful to her. If it weren’t for her, I wouldn’t probably last a month in Seoul.

“Arasso, let’s take these two back at the hospital first”, Mimi unnie said.

As I got home I was greeted by Haebin unnie with her motherly smile. I’ve been living together with her, Soyee unnie and Sally unnie eversince I move here from Jeju.

I took care of my things first with Haebin unnie and Sally unnie’s help and rest for a bit before I went to kitchen.

“Mina, are you hungry? Just tell me what you want to eat and I’ll cook it for you”, Haebin unnie offered as she saw me at the kitchen. Haebin unnie has always been like a mother figure to us. She takes care of us very well and makes sure we aren’t starving ourselves and always help us in every possible way as she could.

“No unnie. You don’t have to, this were actually for Sejeong unnie. I want to cook her favorite dumplings before I visit her later at the hospital”, I said as her eyes became softer and nod in u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter