Somi

If Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jeon Somi! Jeon Somi!”, I heard someone yelled loudly after I successfully did a roundhouse kick on my opponent and made me the winner of this match.

“Whooo that’s my dongsaeng right there!!”, Sejeong unnie shouted louder dancing weirdly when the referee declared me as the winner. I can’t help but face palmed myself feeling embarrass with Sejeong unnie. Goodthing that Nayoung unnie was there to tame her down because I know Chungha unnie will never stop her since she finds Sejeong unnie adorable instead.

“You’re so embarrassing unnie, I swear I’ll be banning you to come on my next competition”, I said glaring at her only to hear her adjhussi laugh again.

“You’ve been saying that for a while now and actually never banned her. Just be honest that you love it too”, Doyeon teased as she gave Sejeong unnie a hi-five.

“Chungha unnie, please stop me before I gave these two idiots a roundhouse kick”, I said whispering to Chungha unnie only to hear her chuckling.

“Sejeong is just too proud of you that’s why she can’t contain her excitement. Besides she haven’t had any sleep for 2 days and chose to watch your competition instead of resting so let her be this time”, Chungha unnie said as I felt guilty for acting annoyed at Sejeong unnie.

To be honest as much as I found it embarrassing, I do feel happy and appreciate all the affection and attention that Sejeong unnie showers me. She rarely missed any of my competition and will always try to be there and watch me even with jetlag or hangover.

“Since you won another gold medal, let this unnie of yours treat everyone for dinner. Just say where you want to eat Somi”, she said hanging her arms on me brightly smiling at me. I do tend to mock Sejeong unnie a lot but I do love being with her and having her attention on me.

 

The crowd cheered loudly as the referee announce me as the winner of the National Competition again. I went to look at the crowd and saw the proud faces of my family with my dad holding a banner with my name on it. I do feel happy about it but at the same time feel empty missing the loud and embarrassing cheer of the person I miss the most.

“Congratulations Somiyah”

“Yo, congrats on your match, since you won I’ll admit that you look really cool with that blackbelt”

“I knew you’ll be acing it Som, always been so proud of you”, I smiled scrolling my phone with all the congratulation messages from all my friends.

“Where do you want to go Somi? You should call your friends and join us in celebrating your win”, my father energetically say.

“Actually dad, can we push the celebration tomorrow? I want to see someone today”, I said looking down and feeling guilty already for ruining their excitement.

“Of course we could always push the celebration, I know you also want to share your win to your unnie”, my mother said holding my hand comforting me.

“But let’s buy some takeout dinner first, I’m sure Chungha and Naong will be there”, my father said not losing his excitement.

“Thank you mom and dad. I love you”, I said happily kissing my sister’s cheeks.   

 

“Congratulations!!”, my fri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter