Sohye

If Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sohye-ah, how long are you going to avoid everyone? Do you think Sejeong would be happy to see you being like this?", I was stunned at the mention of Sejeong unnie's name as I didn't expect Nayoung unnie to say it.

After Sejeong unnie's incident a lot of things had change between me, my friends and our relationships. Doyeon blamed Chungha unnie for what happened and refuse to visit the hospital. Chungha unnie on the other hand got so depress, stopped hanging out with everyone and continuously blamed herself believing everything was her fault. While Mina and I had a huge fight and decided to breakup and until now we haven’t contacted nor see each other.

Unlike everyone who's resenting themselves after the incident, I resented Sejeong unnie instead. While Doyeon blamed Chungha unnie for what happened, I blamed Sejeong unnie for what’s happening.

"You don't know anything unnie, I'm sorry but please just leave me alone for now", I said raising up my tone a bit already losing my control of my emotion.

"If this was about you and Mina-", Though I know its rude considering that Nayoung unnie was just worried about me, I immediately hung up the phone before she could finish what's she's saying. No one actually knows what happened between Mina and I most importantly the reason why we broke up. I just told them that we're over and avoided giving them any explanation.

‘Hey sorry if I offended you or anything but we just miss you a lot and we're sad that we aren't complete to celebrate Somi's win. I’m not going to force you for now but always remember that we're here for you especially us your unnies’, my tears fell after reading Nayoung unnie’s message. I felt guilty for raising my tone at her earlier and for suddenly hunging up on her but I feel even more guilty for avoiding them.

I just let out a sigh and wiped my tears as I went to search my phone for our group photos. We we're so happy back then but now I can’t help but think when will we  be like this again or will we even be like this again? Because no matter how I resent Sejeong unnie, I know our group wouldn’t be complete without her.

Sejeong unnie started of as my hero, became my role model and the person I aspire to be but end up being someone that I can't help but resent the most.

 

“Oops, sorry I didn’t see you there”, one of my schoolmates says smirking after tripping me and cause me to fall on the floor with my lunch scattered everywhere.

“Freak”, another one added laughing which everyone followed.

I just ignored them and didn’t fight back like I always do and just tried to pick up my food since I’m already used to it. I don’t know why but most bullies always seem to pick up on me calling me a freak and all just because I believe that humans evolved from penguins.

As I continued to pick up everything, ignoring their laughs and mocking I didn’t expect to see a hand helping me gather my things. Looks like everyone in the cafeteria didn’t expect it too as I heard some gasps and whispers. So out of curiosity and wanting to say thank you I look up only to be mesmerized and be surprised as well at the person in front of me.

In front was Sejeong sunbaenim wearing that famous eyesmile of hers. I must’ve had been staring a bit too long as her smile became wider.

“Here, are you ok?”, she asked while offering her right hand to me, holding my tray of food on her left hand.

“I- ah um, t-thank you sunbaenim”, I said suddenly bowing not knowing what to do.

“You don’t really have to bow”, she said laughing at me before holding my wrist and pulled me towards the counter again.

“This already fell to the ground so you shouldn’t be eating this. Let me buy you a new one”, she said with that smile of hers.

I was about to decline her offer since I do have plans to buy new ones but she was persistent and the stares from my schoolmates was too suffocating. I don’t blame them though because who would have thought that a famous and well respected sunbaenim such as her would be talking to some loser like me.

Unlike me, Sejeong sunbaenim excels in almost everything. She’s good at studying, singing, arts and sports. She’s also friendly, nice and very charming and everybody seem to like her and want to be friends with her. While me on the other hand, is completely different. I don’t even know what I’m good at or if I do even have anything I’m good at. I’m extremely shy and timid which is the total opposite of her. And eversince I entered this school, everyone thinks I’m weird and odd calling me names like freak, loser and psycho.

“W-where are you t-taking me sunbaenim?”, I asked stuttering a bit as she still haven’t let my wrist go eventhough we’re already far from the cafeteria.

“Sorry, am I scaring you or anything?”, she asked still wearing that smile of her.

“N-no, not at all sunbaenim, I’m really thankful to you for helping me back there”, I said bowing again as I heard her laugh once more.

“Please stop bowing at me”, she said still laughing at me

“And if you don’t mind please drop the sunbaenim word and just call me Sejeong unnie instead”, she added in a very friendly tone as she hangs her arms on my shoulders.

“Ok, S-sejeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter