Doyeon

If Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You look unhappy, didn't you like the party?", Yoojung asked as she encircle her arms back-hugging me. I smile at the sweet gesture and held her hands that was in front of me.

"It was fun. I love it", I said as I turned to face her.

"That's a relief but why do you look unhappy though", she asked with worried expression. I just smile at her and pulled her to sit on our couch.

"I just feel sad that Chungha unnie didn't come. But I can't blame her though, it was my fault after all", I told her honestly and felt her hand hold my cheek.

"Hey, didn't Nayoung unnie told us that Chungha unnie can't come because she already promised to accompany Naong unnie?", she said trying to comfort me.

"We both know that it wasn't the real reason. I shouldn't had blamed her from the start and let our friendship die because of what happened", I said feeling angry with myself for putting the blame on Chungha unnie when I should actually be the one to be blamed.

I was the last person with Sejeong unnie that night before the accident.

 

Yoojung and I had a huge fight that time so I called Sejeong unnie to drink with me. I was so hurt and drank too much to the point that I lost my consciousness.

When I woke up, I saw my phone with multiple missed calls and messages from Yoojung, Nayoung and even Somi's.

"Sejeong unnie tried to kill herself", was the first message I saw from Somi. I felt my hurt sank as I stare at my phone repeatedly reading it as I can’t accept it. I scrolled for the other messages until I saw Sejeong unnie's name.

'Doyeon-ah, I'm sorry but let me have your motorbike. I already send the money to your account so please check if you receive it. And please listen to what Yoojung have to say first before getting angry and take care of her more. I know she loves you as much as you love her and I honestly envy you for it. I hope you’ll trust her more", was what written on her message.

I felt a tear dropdown on my face and quickly run to get out of my room even with the headache from hangover.

My father saw me and immediately stopped me.

"Dad please I have to go to Sejeong unnie. I have to see for myself if my friends are saying the truth", I shouted struggling out of his hold.

“Sejeong unnie is not that reckless. She’ll never thought of committing suicide, that’s why I have to scold my friends for pulling this kind of prank”, I added with desperation.

"Do you even know where to go? Get a hold of yourself first and I'll take you to there", he said calming me as I continue to cry in his arms.

 

"Please get yourself ready first and we'll go to the hospital", he said after I calmed down. I nod at him and went to my room to get ready. My tears kept falling from my eyes as I get myself ready.

And as what my father promised, he drove me to the hospital. I asked him about what happened to Sejeong unnie knowing that my friends might not be able to tell me everything.

He told me that after Sejeong unnie drop me off my house, she went to get my motorbike. He told her that he'll be the one to get it in the morning but she insisted to get it for me so he just let her be.

As he was feeling odd that time, he waited for Sejeong unnie to return until my mother saw the news about Sejeong unnie. Her name was all over the news and was even trending online being the daughter of one of the richest family here in Korea. Sejeong unnie was said to accidentally hit by a truck which was confirmed to be suicide later on.

I cried once again and blamed myself for getting drunk that time.

As we got to the hospital, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter