Chungha

If Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sejeong unnie is finally awake", my heart started to race and tears suddenly formed. I kept reading Yoojung's massage unable to believe if its really real or not.

"Yah, Chungha whats wrong? Why are you suddenly crying?", my mom asked worriedly.

"M-mom, S-Sejeong is finally awake", I said not caring about the people that starting to stare at me.

"She is? Do you want to go there now?", she asked with her eyes starting to water as well. I wanted to nod and say yes immediately but the ceremony is just starting and my mom even fly from Texas for this.

"B-but what about the ceremony? You came all the way here just to see me go up onstage", I said looking at the entrance.

"It's ok, I understand how much you wanted to see her now. You’ve been waiting for this to come", she said smiling as she wipe my tears stained face.

“Always remember that what matters to me is your happiness and I know you’ll be happier with Sejeong”, she added holding my hand.

"Thank you Mom", I told her as she started to pull me out the line.

But before we completely go I saw Nayoung with her eyes also filled with tears as she probably read the message too.  She smiled at me and gave me a sign that she'll follow me later.

'Be happy', she mouthed with a fighting pose as I nod and smile at her genuinely.

 

My heart kept pounding loudly as I felt nervous, happy and excited to finally see Sejeong with her eyes open and tell her all the words I've always wanted to tell her but failed to do. The words that I've always whispered to her since the day she laid down on her hospital bed.

‘Will she also be happy to see?’

‘What if she doesn’t want to see me?’

‘What will I do if she get angry instead?’

Are the thoughts that kept running on my mind as I knocked and open the door only to be greeted by Sejeong brightly smiling in front of me.

 

"Chungha unnie", Sejeong says as I looked at her not being able to believe that I'm finally seeing her smiling face and hearing her voice that I've always love.

"Are you just gonna stand there and not going to hug me? I thought you’ll miss me the most", she said and once again my eyes were filled with tears. I run towards her and hug her tightly feeling like I’m finally home in her embrace.

"I miss you, I miss you so much Sejeongie", I told her.

"I hope those tears means you are happy. Naong told me you cried a lot because of me", she said as I nod while my head was buried on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry for giving you such a hard time", she added.

"No don't. I should be the one apologizing to you. Sorry for hurting you a lot back then. I'm really sorry Sejeongie", I told her this time looking at her eyes.

"It's ok, let's forget about it. What matters to me now is to know whether you really love me or not. They kept telling me that you do but I want to hear it from you. So do you love me?", she asked cupping my face and wiping my tears with her thumbs.

"Yes I do, I love you, I really do", I said holding her hands that were cupping my face.

"That love better not be as a friend but something more than that", she said as I shook my head.

“It’s not. It never was. I’ve always loved you not as a friend but I was too scared to admit it to you and to myself”, I told her honestly.

“Back then I thought we'll only hurt each other if we enter into a new relationship and I know I was an idiot to think that way without even trying. But I was too blinded of the fear of losing you that I didn't realize that I was the one completely pushing you away out of my life", I continued.

"I'm really sorry for hurting you a lot and for taking advantage of your kindness. I'm sorry for being a coward", I added tearing up once again.

"Hey, I already told you that what matters to me now is to know whether you love me or not and you already said that you do so stop apologizing. I was hurt but I never felt any anger towards you", she said tucking my hair to my ears.

"Beside I heard enough apologies and seen enough tears already so let's smile now ok?", she continued pushing both corners of my lips upward forcing me to smile.

"You look prettier this way", she added making me laugh.

"I'll stop apologizing just promise me you won’t ever try leaving me that way anymore. You don’t know how much I tortured myself after knowing you intentionally bump to that truck", I told her hugging her tightly as she wrapped her hands in me.

"I won't, I promise", she said as I rested my head on her shoulder.

"Ahem Ahem, not trying to ruin your moment but just so you know were still here", Naong said fake coughing.

"Jeez thank you for reminding me, you can go now", Sejeong said sarcastically glaring at Naong.

"You're really supportive you know that?", she added as Naong gave her a teasing smile.

"What are you doing here anyway unnie? Aren't you supposed to be at you're graduation?", Mina asked as I realized that I’m still wearing my graduation outfit.

"And wheres Nayoung unnie? Is she here too?", Kyulkyung asked looking outside the room.

"This lovesick ostrich", Somi said rolling her eyes.

"Don't tell me you skip the ceremony just for this unnie?", Doyeon said teasingly as she hang her arm around Sejeong’s neck.

"Just for this unnie? Why do you talk like you didn't cry your hearts out earlier", Somi said in a mocking tone.

"Says the one who kept giving her medals for the unconscious person", Doyeon countered making the two of them throw insults at each other.

"I'm out of here, you guys are way too loud", Naong says walking towards the door.

"Is Nayoung unnie really not here?", says Kyulkyung following Naong outside the room probably to look around.

"I'm hungry", Mina said.

"Should we go out and eat?", Sohye asked as Mina excitedly nod before excusing themselves.

"Those Sikshin couple just can't stay full for long", Yoojung said as both of us laughed at the scene.

"I really missed you a lot unnie. It feels more alive now that you’re awake", Yoojung told Sejeong as they hug each other.

I just watch them warmly as Sejeong gestured me to join them in which I immediately do ignoring the two known s continuously mock each other.

 

"So why are you here again unnie?", Mina asked after coming back with Sohye carrying a bunch of snacks for us.

"Did you really skip your graduation just to rush here? You should've finished the ceremony first before going here", Sejeong said with guilt evident

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter