Safe & Sound

Little Lyrics I'd Love To Live Out

Safe & Sound:

It was already 30 miuntes pass 9:00pm.

"Mommy!" a little 4 year old boy called. "Yes, Junhae?" Sooyoung said as she carried the boy onto her lap. "Could you tell me a story?" he asked.

"Story? I think I already read every storybook to you." she told him. The boy just continued pouting. "Alright alright. What do you want me to tell you?" she aked as she kissed him on the nose. Junhae just giggled. "I want a story about Daddy!" he said cheerfully. 

Sooyoung frowned a bit. "Daddy? Why?" she asked him. "I watched TV earlier with Taeyeon Noona! We watched a movie about soldiers!" he told her more enthusiastically. 

"Soldiers? You're not allowed to watch to violent things yet Jun! Tell Taeyeon-noona that-" she was cut off. "But Mommy, it had no war. It was about a lonely soldier who missed his family." he said now a bit more softly. 

The girl just looked at theyoung boy surprised by his advanced knowledge. Guess he really is like his father.

She smiled and brought him closer to her. "Oh really? Why don't you tell Mommy your story?" 

Junhae's smile became wider again. "Really? Yey!" 

That night, Junhae told her mother what the movie was about, the things he learned about, and most importantly, his wonder of the world of soldiers.

"Mommy?" "Yes dear?"

"Can I be a soldier when I grow up?" he said as he looked at her with his wide eyes. "I wanna be like Daddy." he said almost whispering before tears came up on her mother's eyes. 

"Why is Mommy crying? Is it bad for me to become like Daddy?" he asked again. Sooyoung hugged the little boy and patted his head. "It's great to become like Daddy, Jun. You didn't tell me the ending yet. How was it?" she said as she tried fighting her tears away.

Junhae looked down. "He died." 

Silence came by for a few seconds until one of them decides to break it.

"But He died greatly! He died for a purpose!" the boy was now in tears just like her mother. Sooyoung hugged him again. 

"Shh now. I think it's time for you to sleep." she said and Junhae followed exactly what his Mommy said. 

As soon as Junhae fell asleep, Sooyoung went out to the terrace to catch a breath. What Junhae said earlier was beyond what she imagined. She never knew a four year old could already talk like that. Even her own son amazed her. 

Memories came back and she closed her eyes as the breeze touched her face.

Flash back

"Sooyoungie, he's great!" Kyuhyun told her as he held his son for the first time. He kissed the forehead of the now sleeping and tired Sooyoung. 

*another memory*

"Junhae, be good to Mommy okay?" he told her as he gave Junhae a nice camouflage cap.

"Where you going Daddy?" the little boy asked on the verge of crying. 

Kyuhyun patted his head. "Don't cry!. I'll be back before you know it!" He smiled at his son before picking up his things and head for the big vehicle. 

*another memory*

"What? You told Junhae you were coming home this Christmas!" She yelled at him on the phone.

"I'm sorry! I can't do anything. Orders from the main office." he said. 

"Well, we can't do anything now, can we?" she said with teary eyes. 

"I'm so sorry Sooyoung. Tell Junhae Merry Christmas. I love you both." 

End Of Flashback 

Without her knowing it, she had been crying now. The cold air made her go inside the house again. The lamp finally turned off.

At Army Base

"Quick! Get him to the doctor!" one of the soldiers commanded. Bombs and missiles were running across the whole field. 

"Kyuhyun! Hang On! We're almost there!" Srgt. Heechul said as he carried the injured friend. "Heechul, just leave me. You might-" Heecul cut him off. 

"Babo! You think I'll do that?! You have a wife and son who had been waiting for you for 2 years! You can't die!" Heechul said as he kept on running for shelter. 

Kyuhyun was sturck by every word his friend had just said. It gave him a bit more of motivation. His mind now filled with precious memories he shared. 

"Daddy! You'll be back right?" 

Those words kept echoing in his head, oblivious now to the bombs and explosions near them. They were practically dodging every type of harm that came their way. Both of the soldiers were striving their way to freedom, to warmth, to love. 

Atlast, they reached the sheltered base. Different other soldiers cross their way to help them. Both visions became blurred and eventually darkened. 

~Next Morning~

News on TV: The sudden war between North and South Korea has finally ended just this dawn. Although there were a number of casualties of soldiers who were engaged in this fight. Military personals says they will personally contact the families whose-

Sooyoung turned the TV off. Junhae just woke up and was rubbing his eyes. 

"Mommy, what happened?" he asked. "I don't know. Come on, eat breakfast now." she said a bit intensed. When Junhae was eating, the phone rang. 

Sooyoung was first hesitant to pick up the phone. "Aren't you gonna answer it?" Junhae asked. Sooyoung quickly picked up hoping it wasn't what she expected. But she was wrong. 

"Is this Mrs. Cho Sooyoung?" a deep voice asked.

Sooyoung gulped. "'Yes."

@ Main Military Base

Sooyoung and Junhae just arrived panting and obviously tired from rushing all the way here. Different injured soldiers were all around and also a bunch of relatives who also came to see their beloved ones. 

Then they bumped into a girl. "Ah Mianhae!" Sooyoung apologized. "It's okay." the girl said soflty. The girl then looked at them. "Is he your son?" she asked. "Ahh Yes." Sooyoung answered. He reminds of my boyfriend's friend. 

Just then a worker came up to them. "Excuse me, are you Mrs. Cho?" 

"Yes." 

"Okay. Kyuhyun is ready to see you" then the worker went to the other girl. "Are you Heechul's girlfriend?" he asked again. 

"Ahh Yes. Where is he?" she asked. "He's in the same room as Kyuhyun. You can go with them if you's like." then he left. 

They reached the room where they were told to go to.

"Sooyoung! Junhae!" Kyuhyun said as the two came hug him.

"Daddy! I miss you!" Junhae said as he hugged him tighter. 

"I missed you too."

The other girl was looking at the still sleeping Heechul. Then he started to wake up.

"Je-Jessica!" Heechul exclaimed as he hugged her. "Heechul!" Jessica too exclaimed.

The family just smiled.

@ the gate

"Heechul hyung, thank you." Kyuhyun thanked. "You saved my life." 

"Nah! Don't worry about it!" Heechul said before leaving with Jessica, hand in hand.

Kyuhyun then turned and looked at his family.

"Sooyoung, Junhae..." 

The trio then again hugged. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: This is my favorite yet! This song is so meaningful! I put HeeSica because I miss Heechul so much already! Don't you think? Anyways, Pls. do subsribe and comment as you like! Thank you for reading!.