1st Christmas Special: Still Dream

Little Lyrics I'd Love To Live Out

Still Dream ♥

~.~..,*,,~^~*.,,....~^

T'was two days before Christmas and Santa's workshop was busier than ever. Reindeers were being trained again, the elves rustling and bustling through the whole building bringing and fixing up toys, and Mrs. Claus was just there, making hot chocolate and cookies for everyone. She chuckled at the thought of her old husband coming home again a 'lil dark after climbing into and out of so many chimneys. They did have a nickname for each other. Mrs. Claus was called "Bo" short for 'boa' by Santa, whom's nickname was "Ho" short for 'yunho'. They lived so many centuries and but still stayed a little old bringing merry to Christmas every year. 

Among the elves in the workshop, two people stood out, their names were Kyu and Soo. They are the elves who worked the longest together with the Claus' and have gained their trust since centuries ago. Even though these two were a lot smaller than Santa Claus or normal human beings, it doesn't stop them from being the confident little workers they were. From constructing doll houses and assembling trains, to sewing teddy bears and carving wooden soldiers, their hands were treasured by Santa. They have never failed to make wonderful toys for children every year and were always happy for serving others. 

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆

 

Finally, it was the morning of Christmas Eve. Every toy was finished and packed up on Santa's Sleigh. Santa looked through his Nice & Naughty kids list over and over again on his rocking chair making sure he has not forgotten a single child. Mrs. Claus then came in with more cookies and hot chocolate. "Oh honey, you've been reading that 100 times already. You've done this for centuries but you never lost dedication." she said before both of them smiled at each other. Santa then rolled up his long list and put them in his bag. "You're right. Is everything ready for tonight?" he asked. She just nodded silently until they heard a loud clank in the repair room. They rushed towards the room to see Kyu and Soo almost falling from the nigh table. 

Quickly, the two Claus' ran towards the two elves and pplaced them back on the table. The two tidied up and dusted off some dust on their clothes. "Thank You Santa!" Soo exclaimed thankfully. "Yeah! We were just trying to repair this big teddy bear's eyes but apparently we fell down trying to reach it." Kyu explained while showing them the stuffed toy that was sitting down. Santa just patted both their hands. "Oh you two always always know which needs more care." He chuckled before getting the teddy bear and repaired the eye himself in no time. Both the elves just watched intently and stayed silent until Mrs. Claus tapped their shoulders. "You two must be tired and hungry. Mind having some cookies?" she asked them. Their faces lit up at the thought and jumped off the table to go to the cookies.

They might have been small but they had large stomachs and both Santa and Mrs. Claus knew this. Both of the elves eaten quickly and went back to where the old couple was. "Finished already?" Santa asked. They gave him a thumbs up and nodded. Before saying a word again, Santa had a quick eye contact with his wife and back at the two small people again. "I think it's time I rewarded you two with more than food or toys or clothes. Kyu, Soo... both of you will come with me tonight around the world to deliver gifts to the nice children. How about it?" he asked with jolly. 

Both the elves were in shocked and looked at each other, dumfounded. "Did I hear clearly?" Soo asked. "Ye-Yes! My goodness Soo! It's the first time in how many years!" Kyu answered before both of them gave a quick jumpy hug before letting go with red embarrassed faces. "So, is it a yes?" Santa asked once more with a smile. They nodded in unison. "Well then, honey, you shoud ready your suit now. And I'll give Kyu and Soo a new pair of clothes I had especially sewn for the holidays this year." Mrs. Claus happily said. 

It wasn't quite long until all of them gotten prepared and both of the hands of the grandfather clocke neared 12'o clock midnight. Santa first checked on his magnificient, beautiful, and handsome reindeer all ready to fly. Luhan was the first in line, the leader of all the other deer. Yoona and Changmin behind Luhan, then Sulli and Krystal, Onew and Minho, and finally at the rear, Baekhyun and Yoo Ara. All of them were Santa's choice. They all gidded up and Santa, together with Kyu and Soo, sat on the sleigh. After giving a good be wave to Mrs. Claus and the other elves, one command from Santa and they magically started ascending into the air. Kyu and Soo were both really astounded and amazed by the beautiful sky they had never even thought of touching. 

"It looks so amazing Kyu." Soo whispered while looking through the clouds. Kyu turned around from facing the front to where Soo was looking at. "Yeah it is. Um...Soo?" he questioned. She looked at him in innocent curiosity waiting for what he was going to say. "Um.. I just want to thank you. I mean, if I didn't meet you, I wouldn't be here right now. We wouldn't be a... team, right?" he said sincerely. The girl elf though, didn't say anything immediately and she was still looking at the sky where they were. Kyu gulped in anxiety wondering what she was going to say. Soo then turned to him and held out his hand. She then rubbed them and it made them feel warmer. "See this. You're, or rather, we're getting cold out here. This is Christmas. I just helped you feel  warmer right now. It's the same feeling that children feel when Santa Claus gives them new toys during Christmas Eve for being a nice child all through out the year. They were tired just like us, but when they see their gift, it turns into joy, just like how we become happy seeing them with smiles to the toys we've made. We are all connected on this miraclous day. So no need to thank me. Just stay with me, with Santa and Mrs. Claus. We'll celebrate Christmas like this, for ever to come." 

Soo then hugged Kyu and he had just felt one of the happiest people in this world. They then heard Santa order the reindeer to go lower for their first stop, Seoul, was in sight. 

"Alright! Luhan! Lead the way to the first house!" Santa commanded in a loud voice. The sleigh became a bit faster and was descending pretty quickly making the two elves hold on a bit tighter. "Ohohoho!" the old man laughed. Santa had always love the thrilling ride of coming close to cities and town. Even though he was doing this for a hundred and more years, his heart always pound with excitement at this point. Their first stop was at a young teenager's house. 

They all landed quietly and safely on the roof. "So who's the frist lucky kiddo?" Soo asked quite excitingly. Before answering, Santa took out his list of nice children. "Hm, he's a teenager. In this world today, only a few teens would be lsited here. His name is Leeteuk. He's noted to have always been helpful and looking out for his younger brothers and friends." He told them before hopping off and carrying his toy sack. "Say Kyu... I think you should come with me." Santa said. Kyu looked a bit surprised. "M-me? But why though?" he asked the jolly man. "Ohoho, I think you might need to just come along to understand." 

Santa went ahead while Kyu looked back at Soo, who seemed to be a bit jealous. Kyu just chuckled before patting the girl elf on the head,who, was surprised at his actions. "Don't worry, Santa's always fair. I'm pretty sure he'll bring you this time after this." He told her before running back to catch up on Santa. Soo just smiled. 

Upon reaching the chimney, Kyu already knew Santa climbed down already. When he was half way down, he accidentally slipped and fell to the cold ashes on the fireplace which startled Santa who was already looking for Leeteuk's present. "Oh my, be careful Kyu. Are you alright?" he asked. The small elf just got up and gave a small laugh while rubbing his bottom. "I'm fine." he then head towards the toy sack to help Santa look for the present. 

"Oh here it is!" Kyu exclaimed and handed over the square-boxed gift. Santa took it and placed it inside a small christmas sock that hanged from the big christmas tree. The small elf then strutted to what seemed an open door. He peeked inside only to find the sleeping Leeteuk happily asleep and cuddled. Santa also took a peek and smiled. He then carried Kyu to his shoulder and they both climbed back to the roof and sleigh.

Santa giddied up the reindeer and again, they were in the starry sky. "So, how was it?" Soo asked. Kyu smiled. "It's a really wonderful feeling Soo. You'll feel the same soon." Meanwhile, they both had not noticed that Santa could hear what they were saying and the jolly man just puffed silently at joy. After stopping so many times, it was quite awhile that they finally reached New York City in the west. 

The sleigh landed on a big and wide roof. "Ah, we're here. Little Jessica's home. Even though she is rich, she's always humble and helpful to the needy. She deserves every bit of her present. Sooyoung, would you like to accompany me?" Santa asked while holding out his hand. Kyu just slightly pushed the happy elf to hold onto Santa's hand. "Yes Sir!" Soo exclaimed. "Very well then, let's go." Santa went down the chimney with little fragile Soo holding onto his back. They then reach the thick ashes which made them cough a bit before heading towards the christmas tree. 

In no time, they quickly found Jessica's present. While Santa was busy putting the big gift into the sock, Soo noticed a plate of cookies, a glass of milk, and what seems to be a small girl lying down on the wide sofa asleep. She looked to be a very heavy sleeper. Realizing that Jessica's blanket fell, Soo picked it up and tried to cuddle up the small girl. But because she was small, she couldn't quite actually do it without trying to wake up the child. 

Before she gave up, Santa took the blanket and helped Soo cuddle the child. Then little Jessica, moved a bit but hadn't awaken but instead just smiled. "Thanks Mommy." they both heard her mumbled. The two just chuckled before returning to the roof. "What are you feeling now?" Kyu asked excited for her answer. "It was really amazing and heart warming!" Soo answered before hopping back on next to Kyu. Santa then took-off again for the rest of the night. After plenty of more houses were visited, they had finally reached their last stop  of the night. 

It was in a small village in Japan. The sleigh landed on it's last roof but before Santa could say anything, he notices that both the two elves were now asleep with their heads resting on each other's shoulders. He didn't want to disturb them but since it was there last stop, he slowly shook both of them at the sides. "My elves, wake up and come with me to our last visit." He said softly. Both of them woke up, rubbed their eyes, and streched. "Oh it's our last stop already? This is really tiring." Soo said before yawning. "Yeah, no wonder Santa has lots of white hair." Kyu added making Santa chuckle quite softly. The three of them climbed down the chimney and reached the living room to find a somewhat 10-year old-ish boy. 

"His name is Chanyeol. Apparently, he's the only one living in this house. Can you imagine that for such a young boy? Living all by himself, but being kind, cheerful, and generous too." Santa said while opening his sack to find the last gift. "But why is he all alone?" Soo asked. Santa placed the gift besides the small Christmas tree. "Well, unfortunately he lost both his parents just earlier this year due to a raid. They sacrificed themselves to  protect their child. Those parents are really the top of nice people. I remember giving both of them lots of presents while they were children themselves." Santa explained. 

Soo and Kyu nodded and looked sorry for the boy. "If the parents were very good, then this boy must be just as good." Kyu said. "Yes of course. Now both of you look to your right. Look at the photograph." Santa told. The two did as what they were told and was surprised and astonished by what they've saw. "T-they..." Soo tried to say but seemed quite speechless. "They look exactly like the both of you." Santa continued her sentence. "Who are they?" Kyu asked. "That's Summer and Marcus. Two wonderful children, people, and parents. Very kind and dedicated and always happy... just like the both of you." Santa told them. 

"Now I think it's time to head home. Say good-bye to Chanyeol." Santa said before he went ahead. Soo and Kyu looked at each other before looking back at Chanyeol. "Ahh, I'm pretty sure you're parents were really amazing. Have a merry christmas." Soo whispered to the boy's ear. "Take Care and keep on believing in Santa Claus no matter how many hardships you face." Kyu also said. They then glanced back at the sleeping boy and before they could leave, they heard little Chanyeol mumble "Thanks Mom, thanks Dad." The two smiled at each other before going back to the sleigh. 

Santa Clause then commanded his last giddy up and made their way back to the sky on their way home. Kyu and Soo could only fall back to sleep  onto each other's shoulders with happiness from their experience that night and the only thing that could be hear was Santa's

"HoHoHo! Have a Merry Christmas!"

Author's Note: Ahhh that was pretty long hehe did you expect this kind of story? Did you like it? And yes, the song is from Rise of the Guardians! <3 Please do comment and subsribe! I'll put up my next Christmas fic later this month. I know this didn't really have that much romance but yes, Marcus and Summer is Kyuhyun and Sooyoung. :) And cheers to YunBoa for being the Claus' ^_____^