Part 2

Teasing You Endlessly

Moonbyul scowled.

She was supposed to go out drinking with Wheein, but instead they were sitting in a gopchang restaurant without an alcohol in sight; Solar reasoned that they have practice the next day and waking up with a hangover is a death wish.

Moonbyul knew the leader was right; it still didn’t explain why the four of them are eating dinner together when it was supposed to be just Wheein and her.

Plus, she didn’t like the smug look on Hwasa’s face; she was sitting opposite Moonbyul with her eyebrows raised as if challenging her.

Problem was, Moonbyul doesn’t know what game they’re playing; she understood the fan service game onstage, but not when they’re offstage and in the presence of their closest friends.

Suddenly, Hwasa turned to Solar who was sitting beside her. Solar raised an eyebrow when she saw the maknae’s admiring smile; she returned the smile awkwardly, wondering what was up.

“You know, unnie,” Hwasa drawled. “I could kiss you right now.”

Moonbyul choked on her water and so did Solar; in one similar movement, they wiped the water dribbling down their chins. Moonbyul glared at Hwasa.

This little minx. What is she planning now?

As if she didn’t say anything out of the ordinary, Hwasa leaned over to give Solar a peck on the cheek.

Moonbyul bit her lip and gripped the edge of the table until her knuckles turned white; she was so close to dragging the younger girl out and shake some sense into her pretty little head.

Out of the corner of her eye, Moonbyul saw the blush spreading across Solar’s face; the older girl had always been surprised at Hwasa’s sudden displays of affection towards her.

Moonbyul sympathized; other than Wheein, no one could figure out what goes on in the maknae’s head. Moonbyul thought that she was getting closer to figuring Hwasa out, but now she wasn’t sure.

The food arrived and the four of them ate in silence.

Or at least that was what Moonbyul wish happened.

Instead, she was forced to see Hwasa feeding and fussing over Solar; Moonbyul would have been extremely pissed if she didn’t feel sorry for the older girl. Solar looked so flustered, she was practically begging Moonbyul and Wheein to save her with her eyes.

Moonbyul was deep in her thoughts, trying to figure out a way to pry Hwasa off of Solar without creating a scene, when she felt a tug at her elbow. She turned to see Wheein holding a slice of gopchang up with her chopsticks.

“Unnie, open up,” Wheein said, smiling her dimpled smile.

Here was another maknae Moonbyul could not figure out; Wheein could be cold one moment and extremely affectionate the next. But every single time Wheein flashes her dimples at Moonbyul, the older girl was quick to forgive and forget.

Moonbyul snuck a glance at Hwasa; she was still busy force-feeding Solar to pay attention to them. Moonbyul shrugged and accepted the gopchang Wheein fed her. She smiled her thanks to Wheein and Wheein’s smile grew wider.

Suddenly, there was a loud bang.

Startled, Moonbyul and Wheein snapped their heads toward the sound.

Solar stood up, looking extremely furious. “I’m done,” she said coolly. “We’re done here. Let’s go home.”

It was a refreshing sight to see Hwasa meekly obeying the leader, but Solar’s outburst alarmed Moonbyul; it wasn’t like Solar to be angry without stating her reason.

They were heading for the parking lot when Moonbyul grabbed Solar’s arm and pulled her to the side; the maknaes didn’t notice and kept on walking.

Solar wrestled her arm out of Moonbyul’s grip. “What do you want?” she asked gruffly.

Moonbyul was taken aback by her tone. “Did I do something wrong, unnie?”

Solar glared at her. “What do you think?”

Moonbyul blinked. “I’m not sure. Can you point it out for me?”

Solar sighed. “Sorry, Byul-ah. It’s not you, it’s me.” She paused. “Wait. No, it is you!” She poked at Moonbyul’s chest. “It’s your fault for not making it clear!”

“Make what clear?”

“You and Hyejin.” Solar took a deep breath and resumed her rant in a low voice. “I wasn’t aware of it until I saw the fancams, but you two have been flirting like crazy onstage! I knew something was up when I caught you two before. I thought for sure you two are dating. But now you’re even flirting with Wheein!”

“Whoa, whoa. Back up. What? I wasn’t flirting with Wheein.”

Solar scowled. “She asked you out. Then, she starts feeding you…”

Moonbyul bit her lip, trying not to laugh. “If we go by your logic, Yongsun-ssi, I think Wheein is the one doing the flirting here.”

Solar bit her lip, her cheeks reddening. “Oh.

Unnie, why are you being so adorable right now?

Moonbyul reached out and pinched Solar’s cheek. Solar grimaced, but didn’t protest.

“Yongsun-unnie, is there something you want to share with me?” Moonbyul asked, grinning.

Solar blushed and buried her face in her hands. “I think I’m in love with Wheein,” she mumbled.

Moonbyul whistled and dropped her hand. “Unnie, you’re as straightforward as always,” she said, stuffing her hands in her jeans pockets. “I admire that about you.”

Solar must have noticed the change in Moonbyul’s voice because she looked up then, a puzzled look on her face. “Byul-ah, what’s wrong?” she asked.

Moonbyul sighed. “It’s Hyejin. I want to tell her how I feel about her, but at the same time I’m afraid to. What if she doesn’t feel the same way? What if it’s all a game to her?” She could feel her tears threatening to flow; she gritted her teeth, forcing them back in. “I don’t think I can live with myself if she says that. Yongsun-unnie, please help me. I don’t know what to do…”

Moonbyul couldn’t hold back anymore; her tears flowed down her face and Solar quickly pulled the younger girl into her embrace. “It’s okay,” she murmured into Moonbyul’s ear. “Everything will be fine.”

Moonbyul wrapped her arms around the leader and tightened the embrace. After a while, she calmed down, but she still wouldn’t let go. “Unnie, I should talk to her, huh?” she asked.

“Yes.”

“If I don’t, the group’s going to be a mess, huh?”

“Yup.”

Moonbyul finally pulled back and smiled into Solar’s eyes. “Thank you, unnie,” she said. “For listening to me.” She placed a light kiss on Solar’s temple. “I love you, Yongdonnie.”

“Love you too, Moonhamster.”

 

___________________________________________________

A/N: Thank you for subscribing, commenting and upvoting this story. Can you guess where the story is going now? Feel free to share your theories in the comments. I appreciate all the feedbacks. ^^