Part 3

Teasing You Endlessly

A/N: Just a quick heads up. This chapter is mostly about Wheesun. It somehow turns out like that as I was writing. ^^;  Worry not, we will see more Hwabyul in the next chapter. ^^

___________________________________________________

Wheein was the one who noticed that Moonbyul and Solar had disappeared.

It wasn’t a big deal; their unnies often disappeared at odd times together. But tonight, Solar was supposed to drive them back.

“Hyejin-ah, have you seen the unnies?” Wheein asked.

Hwasa stopped and looked around. Then, she shrugged and resumed walking.

Wheein sighed; the maknae was probably too sleepy to care. “I’m going to look for them,” she said. “Stay by the car and don’t move.”

Hwasa nodded without turning back. After making sure Hwasa had safely arrived at the car, Wheein quickly traced back their steps.

But she didn’t get far; she saw Moonbyul and Solar almost immediately.

They were standing under the store’s lights; anyone within ten feet would’ve seen them. If they were trying to be discreet, they’re doing a horrible job at it.

Wheein walked closer, raising a hand to call out to them. She stopped when she realized Moonbyul and Solar were locked in an embrace. She stifled a gasp when she saw Moonbyul kissed Solar and Solar didn’t retaliate like she usually does.

Moonbyul suddenly looked up and locked gaze with Wheein. Moonbyul eyes grew wide and she quickly turned Solar around. Solar saw Wheein and immediately her hands shot up as if she had a gun pointed to her back, her eyes wide and trembling.

Wheein suddenly felt awkward; she felt that she had witnessed something she shouldn’t have. “Uh, sorry,” she said. “You guys were gone, so I came to find you. I didn’t know you were-”

“We weren’t doing anything!” Solar blurted. “Honest!”

Wheein blinked. “Okay…” She paused and remembered the reason she was there in the first place. “Yongsun-unnie, you’re our driver, remember? Hyejin is probably sleeping on the ground by-”

Before she could finish, Moonbyul dashed past her towards the car. Wheein couldn’t help but feel amused at the older girl’s action. She turned to Solar and extended a hand. “Come on, unnie,” she said with a smile.

Solar hesitated. “Are we going to, uh, hold hands?” she asked timidly.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to,” Wheein said, dropping her hand.

“Of course I want to!”

Wheein was startled when Solar suddenly grabbed her hand with an earnest look in her eyes. She was even more surprised when Solar intertwined their fingers and flashed her brightest smile. Wheein quickly looked away; for some reason, her heartbeat sped up and she couldn’t meet Solar’s eyes.

Why am I blushing? It’s just Yongsun-unnie. She’s the same Yongsun-unnie, for goodness sake!

Wheein was able to steady her heart, but it jumped again when Solar suddenly leaned in close.

“Are you okay, Wheeinie?” the leader asked, letting their foreheads touch. Suddenly, her eyes widened with concern. “You’re burning up! Let’s hurry back-”

“I’m okay, unnie,” Wheein quickly said. “I’m just, uh, feeling a bit warm.” She fanned herself to demonstrate. “Even though it’s chilly at night, for some reason, I’m feeling warm. Haha. Funny, isn’t it?”

“If you say so…”

Solar still looked concerned, but she didn’t push it. Instead, she tugged Wheein’s hand and they moved towards the car.

Wheein finally plucked up the courage to ask. “Are you dating Byulie-unnie?”

“Why do you think that?” Solar asked.

Wheein winced; Solar was squeezing her hand tight. “I saw Byulie-unnie kissed you back there…” She paused. “You would usually swat her away whenever she does that, so I wondered if-”

“No, we’re not,” Solar said curtly. She bit her lip and softened her voice. “We’re not dating, Wheein. Don’t misunderstand, okay?”

Wheein nodded; Solar seemed sincere and Wheein chose to believe her words.

They finally reached the car, only to be met with a scowling Moonbyul.

“You’re late,” she growled. She was standing beside the car with Hwasa in her arms; the maknae was sleeping soundly with her arms around Moonbyul’s neck. “Hyejin really did fall asleep on the ground.”

Solar released Wheein’s hands and quickly started the engine; Wheein felt a twinge in her chest from the loss of contact.

I’m being weird right now. It’s not like we haven’t held hands before…

Wheein shook her head and quickly opened the car door for Moonbyul; the older girl looked like she was going to lose her balance at any moment. Moonbyul thanked Wheein and gently placed Hwasa in the back before climbing in after her.

Wheein closed the door and climbed into the passenger seat.

Solar smiled at her when their eyes met. Wheein smiled back.

See? There’s nothing different. It’s the usual Yongsun-unnie...

“If you lovebirds done ogling each other, can we move now?” Moonbyul said, poking her head in between the seats.

Wheein felt her face burning up at her comment. Solar glared at the rapper. “Just take care of Hyejin,” she said. “You don’t want her to fall and hit her head.”

Moonbyul quickly backed away and cradled Hwasa’s head in her lap just as Solar stepped on the gas.

Through the rear-view mirror, Wheein saw the soft smile adorning Moonbyul’s face as she caressed Hwasa’s cheek.

Not long after, the car arrived safely in front of Hwasa’s apartment.

“You’re getting better at this, unnie,” Moonbyul said cheekily. “We’re still in one piece, so…”

“Shut up and unload Hyejin already.” Solar paused. “Byul-ah, do you want me to wait?”

Moonbyul gently lifted Hwasa into her arms. The maknae automatically wrapped her arms around her neck. Moonbyul was grinning from ear to ear when she answered Solar.

“It’s okay. I want to make sure Hyejin gets to her apartment safe and sound. I’ll call you if I need a ride back.”

Solar nodded. Then, she turned to Wheein. “Wheein, you’re not going to get off?” she asked. “You have to help Byul get into the apartment, remember?”

Wheein realized she had been staring at Solar the whole time. She blushed and immediately looked away. “R-Right,” she said and climbed out of the car. She paused and looked at Solar. “You’ll wait for me, right?”

Wheein saw something passed over Solar’s face before her signature smile appeared. “Of course I’ll wait for you, Wheeinie.”

Wheein smiled back and followed Moonbyul to Hwasa’s apartment with a bounce in her steps.