Part 7

Teasing You Endlessly

Practice that day was not as Moonbyul remembered; there were no laughs, no teasing and no shouts of joy when they finally nailed a move.

She looked around; the leader was out of it, Wheein was unusually quiet and her girlfriend was busy trying to get her best friend to cheer up.

Since none of them could focus on the practice, Moonbyul took it upon herself to end the session early.

“Unnie,” Moonbyul said, shaking Solar out of her stupor. “Practice’s over. You wanted to hang out, remember?”

Solar stared at her for a long while before nodding meekly.

Moonbyul sighed; this lifeless Solar was the energy out of her and she didn’t like it one bit.

She approached Hwasa and the younger girl smiled up at her. “I’m going first, okay,” she whispered and pecked her girlfriend’s cheek. “See you later?”

Hwasa nodded. “See you later.”

Then, Moonbyul turned and dragged Solar out the door.

 

Hwasa watched her best friend in silence; Wheein was determined to ignore her because she had her back turned towards Hwasa.

Hwasa poked Wheein’s back with one foot; it was one way to get Wheein to look at her and fortunately, it worked. “What’s going on with you and Yongsun-unnie?” she asked.

“Nothing’s going on,” Wheein replied.

Hwasa poked Wheein again and received a wild slap to her shin. She ignored the pain and said, “Liar. I saw the way you two avoided each other.”

Wheein bit her lip.

Something big must have happened. Wheepup is rarely this hesitant to talk to me.

Hwasa placed a hand on the other girl’s shoulder. “Wheein-ah, I want to help you,” she said softly. “But you have to talk to me. I’m here for you. Best friend, remember?”

Finally, Wheein looked up at her. “Hyejin-ah…” Her voice sounded like she was about to cry. “I think I made Yongsun-unnie upset with me.”

Hwasa frowned.

Yongsun-unnie upset with Wheepup? Nuh-uh. No way.

When Hwasa remained silent, Wheein continued to explain. “I might have reacted a bit strongly this morning,” she said. “She looked so sad and she didn’t even talk to me the whole drive here. She won’t look at me either. It scared me.”

Hwasa raised a brow. “You’re…scared?”

Wheein nodded. “I’m scared that we couldn’t be friends anymore…”

Hwasa pulled the petite girl into her arms and squeezed her tight. “Oh, puppy,” she murmured, Wheein’s head. “Have you told unnie about any of this?”

Wheein shook her head and hugged Hwasa back. She buried her face in Hwasa’s chest and started sobbing. Hwasa her back and muttered reassuring words to calm her down.

Yongsun-unnie is lucky that Byul is with her because I’m going to strangle her for making Wheepup this distressed. Confess already, unnie!

Wheein finally calmed down and Hwasa sighed. She knew her best friend would definitely clam up after this and there was nothing she could do to persuade her otherwise.

She hoped her girlfriend had better luck with Solar.

 

Moonbyul froze in her seat when Solar suddenly cried.

They were sitting on a bench at the park munching on snacks when Moonbyul heard sniffling next to her; the next thing she knew, Solar had buried her face in her chest.

“Uh, unnie?” Moonbyul asked, awkwardly patting the older girl’s back. “Mind sharing why you’re bawling your eyes out?”

Solar slowly raised her head and sniffed. “She hates me!” she sobbed. “Wheein hates me!”

Moonbyul gently pushed Solar away and wiped her tears. “What do you mean she hates you?”

Solar swallowed her sobs and took a deep breath. “I-I knew sleeping in the same bed was a bad idea, Byul-ah,” she said. “But I couldn’t help myself and now she hates me.”

Moonbyul sighed. “Unnie, have you even tried talking to her?”

Solar shook her head. “I was too upset with myself. I can’t bring myself to talk to her or even look at her.”

“Yongsun-unnie, you better fix this fast because you’re messing up the group,” Moonbyul said, frowning.

Solar winced, hearing her own words thrown back at her. “I get it, I get it.” She paused. “What do you think I should do, Byul?”

“Talk to her. Better yet, confess.”

“I can’t do that!” Solar looked at Moonbyul with trembling eyes. “What if she said no? What if-”

Moonbyul grabbed the older girl by the shoulders and shook her a little. “What happened to my straightforward Yongsun-unnie?” she asked. “If you don’t tell her, Wheein would never know. You’ll be the one hurting in the long run, unnie.”

Solar bit her lip. Moonbyul knew she was thinking things over and finally, Solar nodded.

“I’ll talk to her. I’ll tell her everything.”

 

___________________________________________________

A/N: Hello, dear readers thank you for reading this chapter. ^_^  

This was supposed to be the last chapter, but I decided to break it into two parts because the word count was too long and I was having a hard time editing it. ^^;

I'll see you in the next (and last) chapter.  ^^

Thank you again for reading and commenting!