Part 4

Teasing You Endlessly

Moonbyul watched as Wheein punched in the codes to Hwasa’s apartment.

She adjusted Hwasa in her arms; the girl wasn’t even that heavy, but she felt like her legs would give way anytime soon. The reason was simple: Moonbyul was too distracted by Hwasa’s breath tickling her neck and the feel of her soft body pressing against hers; it didn’t help that her heart was racing a mile a minute and breathing was becoming harder as time passed.

Moonbyul was nearing her limit when Wheein finally got the door opened and directed her to Hwasa’s bedroom. Moonbyul gently placed Hwasa on the bed, removing her outer clothes and socks. The maknae her side and continued to sleep.

“I think we’re done here,” Wheein said. “Are you coming, unnie?”

Moonbyul hesitated. She stared at Hwasa’s sleeping form; she suddenly remembered the talk she had with Solar and decided to take a chance.

She turned to Wheein with an apologetic smile. “I want to stay. Is that okay?”

Wheein nodded. “Of course,” she said, smiling widely. “But don’t go home alone. Call Yongsun-unnie or manager-oppa.”

Moonbyul nodded and smiled back.

As she was watching Wheein leave, Moonbyul was reminded of Solar’s confession and she unconsciously called out to the younger girl. Wheein stopped and turned, looking at her with puzzled eyes.

Moonbyul didn’t know if she was crossing the line, but she wanted to do something for the leader. “Wheein-ah, do you still feel like drinking?”

Wheein raised her eyebrows. “Are you asking me out, unnie?” A playful smile crept up her face. “And here I thought you have a thing for Hyejin.”

Moonbyul blushed and shook her head. “No, no, no, not me. It’s Yongsun-unnie.” Moonbyul covered , surprised at the words that came out. She quickly said, “Uh, I mean, if you still feel like drinking, you can ask Yongsun-unnie to accompany you.”

Wheein shook her head. “Nuh-uh. Yongsun-unnie is a light drinker. She’s no fun. Plus, she’ll nag me about practice tomorrow…”

“It doesn’t hurt to ask. The worst she could do is send you home.”

Wheein tilted her head to the side, her lips pursed. Finally, she nodded and smiled. “Fine. I’ll ask her. I’ll even go all out and charm her into drinking with me tonight.”

Moonbyul grinned. No one would be able to resist Wheein when she goes all out, least of all Solar. “Go for it, Wheeinie.”

Wheein winked and walked out the door.

As soon as the door closed behind her, Moonbyul turned around and walked towards the bed. She slowly sat down, careful not to wake the sleeping beauty. Moonbyul stiffened when Hwasa suddenly shifted her body; she breathed a sigh of relief when she saw that Hwasa’s eyes remained close.

Now or never.

Moonbyul took a deep breath and turned away from Hwasa’s sleeping form; she rested her elbows on her knees, her fingers intertwined together. Her heartbeat rose every second as she tried to gather the courage to confess her feelings. She took a long, deep breath and exhaled; finally, her heart was steady enough for her to speak.

“I know this is cowardly of me,” she began. She kept her voice low in case she disturbed her sleeping beauty’s sleep. “I’m trying to have a heart-to-heart talk with you while you’re asleep and that’s selfish, I admit, but have you seen yourself? How does anyone form a coherent sentence in your presence?” She paused. “Anyway, I just want to say that I love you. You drive me crazy, Ahn Hyejin, and I can’t seem to get you out of my head no matter what I do. But I realized that it’s because I love you.”

Moonbyul felt her heart stopped when a pair of arms encircled her waist. “I love you too, Moon Byulyi,” was the whisper she heard in her ear.

Moonbyul shivered; she felt a knot forming in her stomach and she clenched her fists to control herself. But her hoarse voice gave away her true feelings. “You were awake?” she asked.

Hwasa rested her head in between Moonbyul’s shoulder blades. “I’ve been awake for a while,” she murmured, her eyes fluttering close.

Moonbyul’s heart soared when she heard Hwasa’s declaration, but then a sudden realization hit her and she felt hollow. “You’re half-asleep, Hyejin-ah,” she said, trying to pry Hwasa’s hand off of her. “You probably won’t even remember-”

“I remember,” Hwasa cut her off, tightening her arms around Moonbyul. “I remember that you got angry for me. I remember that you carried me in your arms. I remember your lap pillow, thank you for that by the way.” She chuckled. “I remember that you sent Wheein on a date with Yongsun-unnie so that you can confess your undying love for me.”

Moonbyul laughed. “I never said ‘undying’...”

Hwasa released her hold on Moonbyul and pushed her away; the older girl stumbled on to the floor and groaned. She turned to face her love, but was met with an intense scowl; anyone else would have cowered and gave up, but not Moonbyul.

Instead of shaking in her socks, Moonbyul got to her feet with a smile. She slowly walked towards a pouting Hwasa, leaned down and kissed the spot in between Hwasa’s brow with hopes of turning her frown upside down.

Before she could pull away, Hwasa grabbed Moonbyul by the collar. “Kiss me for real, coward,” she whispered.

Moonbyul should have felt angry at the word ‘coward’, but she only felt desire burning within her. “As the queen wishes,” she murmured, smirking as she leaned in.

Just then, a familiar ringtone rang throughout the room.

Moonbyul groaned. She took out her phone; it was Solar.

Hwasa saw it too and sighed. She released her hold on Moonbyul and sat upright. Then, she tucked a pillow under her chin and patted the empty spot next to her. “Put her on speaker.”

Moonbyul sat next to Hwasa and put an arm around her; Hwasa scooted closer and leaned her head on Moonbyul’s chest, her arms around the older girl’s waist.

Only then, Moonbyul put Solar on speaker. “This better be a real emergency, unnie,” she growled into the phone.

“It is real!” Solar shouted. “Wheein passed out!”

Moonbyul and Hwasa exchanged glances. Hwasa sighed and nodded. Moonbyul kissed Hwasa on the temple and turned back to the phone.

“Bring her here, unnie,” Moonbyul said.

“Here? You mean Hyejin’s place? She’s okay with that?”

Moonbyul glanced at Hwasa and smiled when their eyes met. “Yes.”

“Can’t you just tell me Wheein’s code?”

“That’s a violation of privacy, Yongsun-ssi,” Moonbyul replied, smirking. “Ask her yourself when she’s sober.”

Moonbyul could almost see the pink blush tinting Solar’s chubby cheeks.

“Fine,” Solar replied. “I’ll be there in fifteen minutes. Don’t fall asleep. I’m going to need-”

Hwasa tapped the red button and ended the call abruptly. Then, she grabbed the phone from Moonbyul and chucked it far, far away. Satisfied, Hwasa smiled up at the older girl.

“Now, where were we?”

 

___________________________________________________

A/N: Hi, everyone. Thank you for subscribing and commenting. Your comments have made me even more eager to churn out the next chapters. Thank you! ^^

Back to the story. I would love to hear you opinion about this chapter. Is it too cheesy? Or is there not enough cheese to go around?  XD

Thank you again for reading! *deep bow*