Part 8

Teasing You Endlessly

A/N: Dear readers, I cannot hold back from releasing this chapter, so here it is! ^_^

I hope I wrote this chapter well. If not, do let me know in the comments. ^^

Thank you for reading and commenting!

___________________________________________________

 

Solar hesitated at the door.

She had finally gathered up enough courage to send Wheein a text, asking to meet at the café nearby. Now, she was having second thoughts; what if Wheein decided not to come after all?

You’re being an idiot, Yongsun. Wheein would’ve texted if she couldn’t come.

Solar took a deep breath and finally stepped into the café.

Her eyes roamed the interior desperately; curled when she finally zeroed in on the angel sitting in the far corner. Wheein saw her and smiled, flashing her dimple for the world to see.

Solar held Wheein’s gaze as she made her way through the café; she felt as if time slowed down and the sound of her heartbeat accompanied her steps like the soundtrack of a drama.

“Thank you for meeting me,” she said, occupying the empty seat in front of Wheein.

“No problem, unnie.” Wheein lowered her eyes, but she had a small smile on her face. “Let’s order first.”

After the waiter went away with their orders, silence fell over them; Solar was toying with the napkin in her lap while Wheein was busy arranging the utensils on the table.

Solar bit her lip; she was the one who requested to meet and yet she wasn’t talking. She took a deep breath and opened .

But Wheein beat her to it.

“I’m sorry.”

Wheein had her head down, making it difficult for Solar to read her expression. “What are you sorry for, Wheein-ah?” she asked.

“This morning when I upset you...”

Solar quickly said, “No, it’s not you, Wheein-ah. I was upset, but I was upset with myself.”

Wheein raised her head. “Really?” she asked timidly.

“Yes, really.”

Wheein smiled. “Thank goodness,” she said. “I was worried that you wouldn’t want to be friends anymore.”

Solar hesitated. “You’re not wrong, Wheein-ah. I don’t want to be your friend.”

Wheein’s face fell. “Why?” she asked in a trembling voice, tears glistening in her eyes. “Why don’t you want to be my friend? Did I do something wrong, Yongsun-unnie?”

It’s now or never.

“You’ve done nothing wrong,” Solar said gently. “I’m the one in the wrong. The truth is I have been hiding something from you.”

Wheein’s eyebrows shot up. “You have?”

Solar nodded. “I’ve been hiding my feelings for you. They’re romantic feelings and that’s why I can’t be just friends with you.” Solar paused and took a deep breath. “I’m in love with you, Jung Wheein.”

There was a long silence following Solar’s confession; as the seconds ticked by, she wished the earth would open up and swallow her whole.

“Thank you.”

Solar was startled; the words were uttered so softly, she thought she had misheard her. “What did you say?” she asked.

Wheein was smiling her signature dimpled-smile. “Thank you for loving me, Yongsun-unnie.”

Solar smiled back; she should be happy that Wheein wasn’t reacting badly to her confession, but for some reason she wasn’t.

“I don’t know if I feel the same way about you, unnie,” Wheein continued. “I mean, I love you as our leader and a friend. But-”

“But you don’t feel that way about me,” Solar cut her off.

She knew it and she had decided to go through with it anyways. She didn’t regret anything, but it still hurts.

I’ll be fine. I just need to cry this out and vent everything out on Byulie. After that, I’ll be fine. I’ll be friends with Wheein again and everything will return to normal. I’ll be fine.

Solar felt the tears threatening to fall and gritted her teeth, willing them to stay put.

Suddenly, Wheein shifted her chair until they were sitting side by side and then wrapped an arm around Solar; as if on cue, the dam broke and the tears fell freely down her face. Wheein tugged her close and Solar buried her face in Wheein’s neck.

After a while, the tears stopped and Solar was reduced to sniffles.

Wheein gently rubbed her back, murmuring soothing words in her ear. Solar reluctantly broke away from her embrace and said, “You’re being too nice to me, Wheein-ah. Why?”

Wheein shrugged. “I can’t stand seeing a pretty girl cry.”

Solar snorted. “Greasy much?”

Wheein grinned. “I learned from the best.” She paused. “Actually, unnie, I wasn’t finished talking.”

Solar blinked; her muddled brain struggled to focus on Wheein’s words.

“You misunderstood all by yourself and then you started crying.” Wheein chuckled, wiping Solar’s tear-streaked face. “Yongsun-unnie, you can be pretty selfish, huh?”

Solar was definitely confused now.

I misunderstood something?

“I was saying that I love you as our leader and a friend,” Wheein continued. “But I want to find out if that feeling could change into something more.”

Solar was floored; she honestly didn’t see it coming.

“D-Does that mean…”

“Kim Yongsun-ssi, will you be my girlfriend?”

Solar laughed. “Yah, Jung Wheein. I was doing the confessing, so why are you the one asking me?”

Wheein grinned. “You’re too slow, unnie. I had to say it first.”

With her brightest smile on her face, Solar wrapped her arms around Wheein’s neck and whispered, “Of course I’ll be your girlfriend.”

 

When Moonbyul and Hwasa came out of the ramen shop, Wheein and Solar were waiting for them.

“What brings you dorks to this part of town?” Hwasa asked with a smirk.

Wheein and Solar happily raised their clasped hands. Moonbyul clapped and whistled; Hwasa was calmer, but her smirk had turned into a genuine smile.

“Congrats, puppy,” Hwasa said, mussing Wheein’s hair. “Don’t lose your owner to some other puppy, ‘kay?”

Wheein stuck out her tongue at her and Hwasa laughed.

“Congrats, unnie,” Moonbyul murmured to Solar. “I’m glad you took my advice and confessed.”

Solar blushed. “Actually, I screwed it up by crying. Wheein asked me out instead.”

Before Moonbyul could react, her girlfriend suddenly screamed.

“Drinks on Yongsun-unnie!”

“Yah, Ahn Hyejin!” Wheein cried out in protest, chasing after Hwasa. “Don’t bully my girlfriend!”

Moonbyul chuckled, glancing at Solar; the older girl was covering her flushing face with her hands.

“That’s settles it,” she said, pushing Solar towards the maknaes. “You’re definitely buying.”