Part 1

Teasing You Endlessly

Wheein noticed something was off with two of her members.

Moonbyul and Hwasa would often flirt and tease each other onstage; offstage though, they barely talked. Wheein would often notice their locked gazes and shy smiles, but little else.

As her best friend, Wheein confronted Hwasa.

“Hyejin-ah,” Wheein said. “Are you dating Byulie-unnie?”

Hwasa stared at her with wide eyes. “What? No. Where did you get the idea?”

“You two flirt like crazy on stage, so I assume…”

Hwasa laughed. “We’re playing a game, Wheein-ah. It’s just fan service.”

But what about offstage? The looks and smiles you two shared?

Wheein dared not voice her thoughts out loud; she knew her best friend would easily laugh it off. So, she continued to watch them.

Until she couldn’t anymore.

That day, they were performing Mr. Ambiguous.

Moonbyul would always sing her part “Shh! Are you interested in me?” directed towards MooMoos (and occasionally Solar); this time though, she walked up to Hwasa and looked her straight in the eyes.

Wheein held her breath.

Say yes. Say yes!

But Hwasa just smirked and said “No” while Solar and MooMoos loudly declared “Yes”.

Anger bubbled up inside Wheein; she saw the smile that didn’t reach Moonbyul’s eyes and she felt like slapping her best friend for not noticing.

It didn’t look like a game from where Wheein was standing; maybe it was for Hwasa, but definitely not for Moonbyul. Wheein felt sorry for the older girl and decided to cheer her up.

During the finger-gun scene, Wheein made a side step and planted a kiss on Moonbyul’s cheek. The older girl was surprised, but she smiled her nose-wrinkling smile and went to her place as Wheein continued singing.

Wheein could tell that Moonbyul’s spirit lifted; even her rap sounded more upbeat than before.

Then came the Piano Man stage.

Wheein could feel Hwasa’s eyes drilling holes at the back of her head all through the song; she even had to turn away from Hwasa during Moonbyul’s solo part near the end because she knew her best friend was giving her a death glare.

After their performance, they returned to the dressing room. Before reaching the door, Solar suddenly dragged Moonbyul away for an errand, leaving Wheein and Hwasa alone.

Wheein was tense the whole time they changed out of their outfit and into their casual clothes; she half-expected to be yelled at or slapped, but nothing happened.

After she was dressed, Hwasa simply plopped down on the couch nearby and fiddled with her phone.

Wheein couldn’t stand the silence anymore and caved. She walked up to Hwasa and snatched the phone out of her hands. Hwasa glared up at her.

“Aren’t you going to ask?” Wheein asked.

Hwasa crossed her arms and tilted her head, her lips set in a straight line. “It’s none of my business,” she said. Her hands reached out towards Wheein, palms up. “Gimme back my phone.”

Wheein hid the phone behind her back. “Not until we talk.”

“About what?”

“About Byulie-unnie!”

“What about me?”

Wheein whipped around and saw Solar and Moonbyul walking towards them.

Hwasa smirked and wrestled her phone from Wheein’s hands. Wheein stared at Hwasa in disbelief.

“Are you okay, Wheein-ah?” Moonbyul asked, placing a hand on Wheein’s shoulder and squeezing it gently.

Wheein felt a tear of frustration pricking behind her eyes. She shook her head and smiled at the older girl. “I’m fine, unnie.”

Wheein saw it from the corner of her eyes; Hwasa glanced up briefly at Moonbyul and Wheein saw the scowl.

Suddenly, she had a brilliant idea.

She linked hands with Moonbyul and said, “Unnie, let’s have a date.”

Moonbyul blushed; her eyes darted between Hwasa and Wheein. “Um, what’s the occasion?”

Wheein smiled her dimple smile that she knew no one could resist. “I miss you, unnie. It’s been a while since we drank together.”

Moonbyul smiled back. “Okay. I’ll tell the manager to drop us at the usual place.”

Moonbyul went to the other side of the room to change; Solar gave Wheein an odd look before following Moonbyul.

Wheein turned to Hwasa and lowered her voice. “You can come with us, you know,” she said.

Hwasa looked up and sighed. “And why would I want to do that?”

Wheein shrugged. “Oh, you know. Something might accidentally happen when two people get drunk.”

Wheein was satisfied when she saw the horrified look on Hwasa’s face.

 

___________________________________________________

A/N : I'm trying my hand at writing more than just oneshots. I would appreciate comments to improve my future chapters. ^^