Chapter 9

Are we ready for the world?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seulgi's POV

 

My head started pounding as soon as I felt conscious.

My sleepiness began to fade as I tried to open my eyes. My head hurt like hundreds of drums pounding besides my ears,  my eyes felt like they're going to pop out, and my nose felt like it's about to bleed. My hairs felt like a thousand knots. The alarm was still wailing non-stop. I reached over and swung my hand around lazilyed trying to find my phone. It didnt seem to be there. I open my eyes, grunting at the pain and realized I am not in my own room. 

Where the hell am I? The room's unfamiliar, cold despite the light brightly shining through. The smell of alcohol mixed with tobacco lingers in the room. Definitely not my apartment. 



I tried to lift myself off of the bed but I was pushed back by the force of my aching head and the hold of a hand on my arm. I looked over to find a girl. Who the hell is she? No part of her face registered in my brain to come up with an answer. She's pretty, young and sleeping. Why was she sleeping? Why was she sleeping next to me? I looked down and find myself in nothing but my birthday suit.

Oh, I remembered now. I had fun last night and too drunk to escape from the crime scene.

Good job Kang Seulgi, you managed to wake up in a stranger's bed for three times this week and it’s only Thursday.

I slowly removed her arm up as I tried to look for my clothes. So, my jeans and underwear at my feet, Check

My bra on the lamp, Check. 

And my leather jacket was discarded on the sofa, Check. 

And my t-shirt….it could have been my t-shirt but now it’s just a torn piece of cloth with no chance of repair. I tip-toed across the room as I picked up my discarded clothes and made a beeline for the bathroom. 

I looked like a disaster. My make-up ruined, mascara ruined and my lips looks like it got cropped from Joker's . 

My phone vibrated in my hands as I winced. I just need to escape this room first before anything. I quickly put on my clothes, zip up my jacket and rolled my torn t-shirt.

I checked around the room to make sure I didn't leave anything behind before leaving the crime scene. My phone was still vibrating angrily in my pocket. 

Crap

"Bonjour, the light of my life, fire of my loins. Your darling will be coming back soon to kiss you senseless so just wait for ten minutes okay?"

"Kiss my , you pig. I told you to TEXT ME if you plan to sleep outside!!!!" I winced as I moved my phone away from my ears. This girl's voice is no joke.

"I'm so sorry, Seungwannie. I didn't realize until I woke up this morning." I replied, apologetic. I made a promise that I will always inform her if I plan to stay outside.

Son Seungwan, my best friend-slash-cousin who always looks out for me even she opposes to 90% of the ideas I propose.Except that I still hate her blabbermouth and how she has no idea when she should keep shut, she's one of the best things in my life currently. 

She never takes anything granted and she always looks after me without expecting in return except respect. 10 years of misunderstandings and distrust ended gradually after we opened up to each other and I like how she stands on her beliefs and not be easily swayed.

She's my moral compass.

"Kang Seulgi, the event starts in less than an hour.You're lucky I didn't have classes this morning.I had to run to tap your stupid attendance while you're still -."

I didn't have anything to oppose her accusation.

"I know. I know. I owe you one."

"You owe me tons. Just be here in ten minutes."

toot toot 

It's fine. A delicious Bubble-tea always calms down the angry squirrel. 


_______


Third Person's POV



"You're so lovely." Seulgi puckered her lips to Seungwan who's opening her milk while trying to ignore her.

"GET.OFF.ME. YOU ING STINK." Seungwan yelled as she pushed her cousin off her shoulder.

"Oh, come on."Seulgi whined and pouted her lips, "I brought you your favorite drink from your favorite place."

Seungwan scoffed but still continue sipping her bubble milk tea. She hadn't eaten anything but it's fine. Bubble Milk Tea can be her breakfast,lunch and dinner.

"You can't keep missing classes, Seulgi. You will fail."

"I don't aim for As like you, I aim for the passing mark."Seulgi shrugged, "Besides, I did pretty well in my assignments."

Seungwan rolled her eyes, "And please take a shower and be decent. Your mother will have a heart attack when she sees your face."

"It's fine, I can just say I'm in the class when she calls."Seulgi replied as she went to her room for a shower. Yup, ruined mascara and lipstick. She must have been so drunk to make out with a girl with a lipstick that's hard to remove.

Seulgi doesn't like her women to be flashy-lipsticks, long nails, big sticky hair with too much extensions and heels. Lipsticks can be hard to remove, nails can tear her clothes, scratch her back and especially her neck. It's very difficult to hide evidence. 

She prefers beautiful fashionable ladies with attitude with delicate feminine hands and the killer-doe eyes. She can be Seulgi's only one for the night. But beggars can't choose in this big city of New York if you want to be discreet as possible.

"You need to stop doing this and start seeing someone appropriately, Seul. This isn't healthy." She could hear Wendy's concern in her voice.

"I do have to stop doing this for a while."Seulgi agreed," Jisoo will stay with us this time."

"Does your mom know?"

"Of course not. Are you kidding me?"  Seulgi snorted, feeling ridiculous at the question.

"I told you I hate lying to your mother!" Wendy yelled from the door, feeling frusturated.

"For God's sake, Wendy Son. Yours and mine are sisters. Since when does your mother approve anything you do?"

"That's also true."Seungwan mumbled, wincing at the memory of her own mother going berserk when she announced she wanted to quit school. 

"Just make sure I don't hear any stupid sounds!"

"No promises!" Seulgi cackled.



__



Seulgi yawned as she continued strolling along the booths, trying to see if anything piqued her interest. Events like these are necessary in her work to meet future clients, partners or even for her side projects. 

But it's like searching for a needle in the haystack. 

You have to make sure you're really finding a potential partner for productive results, not for the deals that will go nowhere. 

You need to have connections, which was her main objective today. And for that, she needed to m-

"You came early."

Seulgi smiled as she turned around to embrace the voice's owner. The latter hugged her back as tightly. 

"Hey, it's been a while." Seulgi mumbled into Kim Jisoo's hair. The smell of Jisoo was always distinct. Her natural scent plus her favorite perfume can always knock people off their feet. 

"It is." There was a smile in her tone."Is it bad to admit I miss you a lot?"

"Never."Seulgi grinned as she pulled away to observe the younger girl. Jisoo had dyed her hair back to dark, her perfect wide teeth brightening her visuals along with her expressive eyes. She's simply one of the prettiest girls Seulgi's ever met. "I miss you,too."

Jisoo grinned as her hands started to wander along Seulgi's body, "Do you miss me or do you miss me?

Seulgi could feel her hand, playing with her jean’s zipper. She snickered. She met the latter by chance at a gathering and the girl stopped half-way in the midst of their makeout, feeling guilty over her unrequited crush on her bestfriend. She somehow became the younger's confidante to her feelings, sometimes a few makeouts here and there.

“My, my …Kim Jisoo…let’s not get with all these people here." Jisoo just smirled in return, her actions n

Please log in to read the full chapter