Chapter 13

Are we ready for the world?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ  Thoughts:

 

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH for your comments for the last chapter. I mean for the ones who commented. I got to see the insight of what you guys were feeling and all I could say is sorry for making u feel miserable. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This chapter focuses on Seulgi's time in Seoul with no much interaction between Seulgi and Irene. But this chapter is vital to what will occur in the story's future so I hope you guys read it ☜(˚▽˚)☞

I have been really energized to see the comments and I will really try my best to update another one the soonest to celebrate the release of our monster rookies's Red Velvet Irene & Seulgi's Monster!!!!!  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

For the voters, I LUV YOU GUYS (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づfor making me feel your appreciation of my story. Please help me review if you see any errors and comments your opinions and thoughts. I'd love to read them!! ^^

Enjoy!

 

 

____________




It's like music to my ears. 

My parents frustrated voices are loudly covering the whole office floor on Saturday midnight when most citizens in Seoul are having fun and joy. 

Seeing my parents getting flustered and triggered is my hidden pleasure. 

It's a bad habit, I know. 

Our constant arguments start with triggering my father will be me rubbing on their faces that they made a mistake after they went against my suggestion.

"I WANT THE SOLU-"

The noises end as soon as I open the door. I swallow a laugh at their shocked faces. My mother looks as gorgeous as ever even in the middle of tense meeting at midnight. 

I sigh mentally as I saw my brothers Kang Hyunggu and Kang Eui Gon also happen to be in the meeting. Great, more opinions, more problematic. 

It's going to a couple of long hours before I could actually rest.


_____


I look at my brother as he jumped around ecstatically as if he had won a lottery. 

We're now in a hotel room near our Incheon project site. My parents are not that delighted to let me sleep in another place right after I just got back from New York.

But the reason that I will be taking Hyunggu with me to the site as I let him see the work they have put behind this project that I really don't see significant profits.

They even let us leave with their Porsche. 

Now why was he jumping?

 

"I know you got a girlfriend."
 
I sighed as I glanced at my brother's rapidly paling face. So it was true.
 
"Since when did you find out?", he asked.
 
Since I arrived at Seoul
 
"It doesn't matter. I thought you told Appa and Umma that she's a gold-digging ?"
 
"I-i"
 
I rolled my eyes as I glared at him in annoyance. I remembered our mother recounting their conversation that his friends nearly ruined him as they set him up on a blind date with a gold-digger. And that her precious son found out the truth and left the girl hanging.
 
"She's actually amazing, Noona."
 
"You know you can't keep hiding from them."

"I-i know. Please give me some time. She's really precious to me."

And you called her a gold-digging

"Alright, I will."


Our site visit is complete and I have been able to assess the damages personally. All that left will be preparation for confrontation at the meeting next week.Now my brother is feeling like he just won the lottery because I will be letting him out on a date with his secret girlfriend with our parents' Porsche.

"Noona, you're the best!", Hyunggu exclaims as he pecksmy cheek and set off immediately, not even bothering to check if the door was closed. 

This guy is really spoiled rotten 

I count the seconds as I take my time to unlock my phone and dial a number.

"Yo."

"He has left."


_______


Third Person's POV
 


Sunmi smiled brightly as if the exhaustion had left her instantly. She breathed in the scent of the colorful roses that Seulgi brought as they left the studio together.

"You didn't bring anything for me from New York?"

"This trip was planned last minute. I barely made time to come and see you today." Seulgi responded, unlocking Sunmi's car with the remote the older girl gave her.

"Sorry that it can't be 24 hours this time", Seulgi teased as they left the car park. Sunmi blushed as she slapped the girl in response who laughed louder in her seat.

"Where are you taking me?"

"I'm just going to drive us around. It's been a while since we do this.", she replied softly. Seulgi felt like the day's tension had left her body as she drove. 

"If you call 15 months a while, it's been a while." Sunmi replied sarcastically.

"So you were counting. I'm flattered." Seulgi smirked as Sunmi blushed. Seulgi let Sunmi play with her fingers while she focused on her driving. 

It's been a while she could drive like this under the night sky.

"You can't just drive me around."Sunmi leaned in to Seulgi and whisper in her ear before kissing her cheek. Seulgi sighed at the breath of the older girl on her ear as she shuddered.

"Of cos, not. I'm hungry. We have to stop somewhere to eat."

"Yah!" Sunmi pushed her in annoyance and Seulgi chortled. It's always fun to see Lee Sunmi riled up. 

"But I really am hungry unnie. I came straight from work." Seulgi said honestly as she gazed into Sunmi's eyes. 

"Fine."


_______

 
 

"She's cute." Sunmi remarked as she joined Seulgi in observing Kang Hyungu and his girlfriend from a far. The couple were at the supermarket, playing around before it started to get intimate and turned into full-blown makeout.

You call that discreet?  Seulgi thought as she closed her eyes in disgust. 

"Your brother's a bad kisser." 

Seulgi snorted as she re-opened her eyes to take a few photos. He's making it way too easy for her to be the paparazzi.

"Have you done the background check?"

"This is my first time seeing her in person."

"Show me." Sunmi took the camera from Seulgi's hands as she reviewed. After a while, she nodded in satisfaction. 

"Hmm, nice angles. They are totally blackmail material."

"You should be stopping me." Seulgi looked at Sunmi, amused. Sunmi just shrugged in response. 

"Oh, come on. It's entertaining. Besides, he did you dirty. And he still owed me one for -shaming me at his school forum." Sunmi commented casually. She actually seemed to be enjoying to be part of whatever Seulgi was planning. Seulgi was sure it would be entirely different if Wendy was the one on the shotgun seat. 

Seulgi looked at the photo of the girl and her Instagram on her phone. It had been so obvious that the hidden guy was her own brother. She even had kept stories of them kissing.

How come her parents hadn't found out yet?

After all, people unsurprisingly love to see the ruin of other people's lives they're jealous of.

Herself included. 

"She seems to be a high-maintenance. You really should do a background check."

Seulgi nodded at Sunmi's suggestion. 

"But I'd love to see your little Mama's boy getting his kicked. Send me a video when it happens."

That's why she adores Sunmi. 

"I will try my best."

She looked up at the disgusting scene again. How come he's that tactless? She immediately unlocked her phone to call him. She observed her brother stop making out and look at his phone and groaned.

"N-noona?" His breathing was ragged.

"Do you have condoms?"

"W-what?" Her brother looked shocked as he glanced around, jittery. 

"Your breathing's crap and it's late. It's not hard to guess. Get the damn condoms."

"I'm not doing any-"

"Kang Hyunggu, you will ruin our family's name through the mud with your recklessness. Use protection or I will tell Umma."

"Y-yes, Noona."

"They will be at the hotel around 9 am tomorrow for breakfast."

"Thanks, Noona!" Seulgi clearly saw the joy in her brother's eyes as he made a victory dance and talked to his girlfriend who hugged him after.Seulgi shook her head as she chewed her lips. She restarted the engine and started to leave the scene. She decided to call another person.

The one who told her about Kang Hyunggu's secret girlfriend.

He picked up immediately.

"Yo."

"Can you check if he bought the condoms or not?"

"You're also here?" Seulgi looked over at her rear view mirror at the lone figure sitting a few tables far from the couple.

"His breathing's too obvious. You still with him?", she lied easily through her lips.

"You should join me, Noona. It's fun." Sunmi looked at her, wide-eyed. Seulgi just shrugged and continued to speak. Sunmi was already privy to her love-hate relationship with her family since the start. Besides she needed an opinion. And Wendy's too saint of a person to let the world lit on fire.

"No thanks." Seulgi replied wryly.

"Should I show my face?"

"Up to you."

"Aww, no fun."

"Take care, Gonnie." Seulgi greeted her youngest brother good bye before hanging up. 

"Chaebols are weird." Sunmi remarked, but there was no judgment in her voice. Seulgi never felt she was judged when she's with Sunmi, except in a few issues where their feelings got involved. 

"I'm not one."

"Your parents are." Sunmi pointed out and Seulgi just kept shut. It was the fact. And emotions and biasness can't change the fact.

"I hope you didn't drive me here just to watch this. I'm not the type to get off from PDAs."

"Oh My God" Seulgi groaned in disgust as Sunmi laughed, "I really am starving!"

---

"I met with Irene-unnie in New York."

Sunmi nearly spat out the beer she just drank. Seulgi didn't even have the energy to smile as she silently took a few tissues and patted dry a few drops on Sunmi's jacket.

"When?"

"Been a couple of months." Seulgi answered, still not looking at Sunmi directly.

"How did you feel?" Sunmi asked after a long silence between the two. 

"She's actually attending NYC since last year and I didn't even know. Now we're having lunch sometimes."Seulgi confessed. But she knew it wasn't the answer Sunmi wanted.

"Is she single?"

"I don't pry."

"Hah", Sunmi remarked in disbelief. Seulgi knew the older girl's now pissed. But she's a celebrity and she couldn't make a scene even though no one could recognize her in a disguise.

"You're such a jerk. You know that?"

That was harsh but Seulgi didn't respond. She never gave any answer when Irene was brought up in conversations. Sunmi really wanted to know what happened and Seulgi would just say "Enough to not meet again."Seulgi sighed and counted to ten slowl

Please log in to read the full chapter