Chapter 2

Are we ready for the world?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

I didn’t know whether to cry or laugh at my predicament. I was so happy that we’re finally spending sometime together. You being naturally the clingy person, would always held my hand whenever we walked together, watched movies together and having study sessions together at the library. Along with the upsides came the downsides; me being the third wheel on your dates.

“I will need a reason to ditch if my date is creepy or being an ,” it was your reason.

At first, it was fun. Most of your dates turned out to be erts or dickheads just trying to get into your pants. And I sometimes got to play a girlfriend act or a who was accusing you of sleeping with someone.

But today, you were on your fifth date with a guy named Suho aka Kim Jun-myeon.

Basically, I was on live-torture. The guy was simply perfect. I couldn’t find any loophole; he was decent, gentleman and kind. He even treated me coffee when he found out I was your friend. He even knew One-Piece! Now how could I hate this guy?!

I decided to sit a table a bit further from you and your soon-to-be boyfriend, playing games instead of looking at both of you. Seeing your eyes sparkle while you’re talking with him and he flashing his grin and dimples as he stared at you, my parents’ scolding were nothing compared to what I was feeling at the moment.

I heard your giggles again.

GAME OVER

Great, even my phone is mocking at me.

I closed the application and looked at the view through the glass pane next to me. People seemed to be having a great time shopping though a few parents seemed tired from getting dragged by little kids.

Maybe I could take a nap.

My phone vibrated. I looked at the screen.

4D-Miya: Look at your left. Near the ATM.

I immediately looked to my left. Yup, there she is. Crop-top and denim shorts, showcasing her y legs; she never failed to dress on point. And the passersby were looking at her as she waved back and forth, a big smile on her face.

I smiled back, making sure she got my eye-smiles. At least someone was excited seeing me.

Deulgi the Cutie Bear: Saw you, Ms. Gorgeous. What are you doing here?

4D-Miya calling...

I immediately pressed the red button, looking at her apologetically. I could see her frown as she looked at the screen. I typed the message quickly.

Deulgi the Cutie Bear: Sorry, unnie. I’m the third wheel on a date at the moment.

She looked up after reading the text, eyebrows rose. I pointed at the tables in front of me. She followed my finger and saw the couple who were in their own little world at the moment.

4D-Miya: You just enjoy being miserable, don’t you? Why do you keep doing this to yourself, you stupid bear?

Deulgi the Cutie Bear: Beats me. You look hot by the way. On a date?

I could see her smiling widely. She even posed at me from a far. This girl’s just driving me nuts.

4D-Miya: And you look like a miserable Pooh Bear who lost his honey, HAHA. Yup, I was on a date. Who am I to deny free lunch?

Deulgi the Cutie Bear: Tsk, stop poking my wound. Niiiiceee, will there be another free lunch?

4D-Miya: If I am hungry, maybe. He’s boring. Let’s go.

Deulgi the Cutie Bear: I told you I am with them.

4D-Miya: You are frigging alone on your own table, idiot. They won’t even notice. And stop texting back n forth. I am literally a few feet away from you.

Deulgi the Cutie Bear: Unnie, it’s not nice. I told her I’d come with her.

4D-Miya: Her eyes are literally on him. Just come with me.

I my lips. I looked at Sunmi and the duo back and forth. It was tempting to be honest. But I knew I didn’t want to disappoint Joohyun in anyway.

4D-Miya: If you can’t decide, I will come to you. I can talk to her.

, it would be a bad idea. I have noticed Joohyun giving stinky-eyes to Sunmi these days, especially when our groups hanged out together. And I didn’t want to feel another pinches from the raven. Her pinches were too painful.

I looked up at Sunmi and she was walking towards me. This woman is so stubborn! I immediately put my hand up to prevent her from continuing.

This is a bad idea.

Deulgi the Cutie Bear: WAIT. FINE, I will come to you instead. HAPPY?!


4D-Miya: Very.

I snorted in annoyance. I looked at the couple in front. Yup, they seemed to be having their own sweet time. I waited for Joohyun to be distracted. This girl is so sharp at her surroundings. I couldn’t make any mistake.

Luckily, a waiter came with the menus. There’s my chance. I immediately stood up and signalled Suho who noticed my hands waving.

I put my finger on the lips and he noticed. I’M LEAVING , I mouthed, HAVE FUN. He nodded in return and gave me a wide smile. Of course, he would. Who would like to have a third-wheel on a date anyway?

I quietly left my table and skipped towards the cashier, settling my bill. I turned to look at Joohyun. She was still reading the menu. I could only see her backside but I could imagine her eyes scrunching together, choosing the list carefully.

I waved at Suho as I left. I ran to Sunmi who was waving excitedly. I unlocked my phone and texted a certain girl whom I promised I would be with her the whole day.

Seulbear: Unnie, something urgent came up. I will see you later. Have fun on your date! :D

I grabbed the hand Sunmi put out as I reached her. I glared at her playfully as we intertwined our hands together.

“Happy now, your Highness?”

“You can’t imagine, Peasant.” She joked back. We decided to run to the lift at the right corner of the floor. I didn’t look back. If I did, I knew I would just return back to her, just to be near her.

I felt my hand pulled forward.

“Where do you want to go?” Sunmi asked. I shrugged.

“Let’s go on a date. We haven’t gone out together in a while, have we?” she asked. I just nodded. Anywhere would be fine other than this place at the moment, especially when my guilt was eating inside.

We reached the lift and we entered. The door closed. I felt relieved.

I didn’t realize a certain someone actually saw everything.

 

The girl clenched her fists angrily as she witnessed the two girls intertwined their hands together, running to the right side without giving a glance where she was left behind.

She glared down at her phone angrily; the eye-smiles on her face seemed to be mocking her cruelly at the moment.

How dare you…

How could you…Kang Seulgi

 

 

___

 

I got an earful of scolding from you the next day, I reasoned you were having a great time with that Suho guy and I didn’t want to intrude your fun. You only shook your head and made me promise to stay besides you throughout the day the next time we hang out. 

I don’t like to make promises I can’t keep. 

I told you I would like to stop accompanying you on your dates. I knew it was a matter of time Suho would ask you out to be his official girlfriend and you would say ‘yes’, the word that I would never hear coming out from your mouth for me. 

“Stay…” you uttered, reaching out to touch my fingers across the table. You knew how to make me surrender. You just knew.

I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth. Yet you didn’t move away. You just simply looked at me with this eyes of yours, begging and pleading. 

“When you hang out with me, don’t ditch me again.”

“You have other friends, you know.”

“I’m happiest when I spend time with you, Seulgi. Why? Am I becoming boring to you…” you faltered, breaths starting to hitch, “I’m not fun like Sunmi, am

Please log in to read the full chapter