C 02

A Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Misun couldn’t control the way her body was shaking in par with her sobbing. Within seconds her pillow was wet with her tears and she curled up into a ball under her covers. Even though her eyes were open, she couldn’t see anything around her clearly because of the hot liquid pooling around her eyes.

 In the end it happened exactly like how Youngjae had predicted that morning, she drew in a choked breath. Jongin himself asked to breakup with her. She has lost an important person in her life yet again. Being a person who had faced a lot of painful experience of losing loved ones, Misun had no idea how she was going to survive another loss, that too of a person whom she thought she would spend the rest of her life with.

After dating Jongin for quite sometime, Misun had learned to trust him a lot. This trust mainly flooded from the way he was so sure about the promises he made. the first one he made after they both started dating was that he would never leave her alone and it somewhat acted as a foundation for their relationship, since it encouraged her to trust him more.  He always kept his other promises or it was more like he never made promises that he thought he couldn’t keep. He was also another person apart from Kris who was always ready to give her his opinion on things she was unsure of and she blindly followed his opinions and they always worked well for her. He was also one of the people who encouraged her to take up the Job at the company she was currently working in and she never regretted obeying him.  Unconsciously, she was leaning on him too much the just like the way she depended on Kris. Jongin was important for her survival.

The irony was that the same person who values his words a lot has broken his promise now thereby ruining the very pillar of support of their relationship. Even though Misun badly wanted to go to Jongin’s place and beg him not to breakup with her, the image of Kris kept floating back to her mind and she would change her mind about the begging part which inturn brought fresh tears from her already sour eyes.  She didn’t even know who was in the wrong here anymore. it was a struggle to go to sleep and Misun spent a lot of hours twisting and turning in her bed.

Around three in the morning, Misun heard the front door opening and closing, finally signalling the arrival of Kris.  Misun immediately covered herself from head to toe in her duvet knowing very well that Kris would be checking in on her any moment now as was his routine whenever he returned home from night shifts.

Cold air from the open window suddenly blasted on Misun’s face when the duvet was pulled away from her unexpectedly.

“What?” She said, her voice thick with all the crying.

“You never sleep with your head under the duvet.” Kris said, his eyes scanning Misun’s tear stained face and stiffening immediately.

“What’s wrong?” He said quickly pulling the duvet with him towards the bed and he snuggled in it beside Misun.

Seeing the worry on Kris’s face was enough for Misun to breakdown completely. Kris immediately pulled her on top of him and cradled her in his arms while rubbing her back with his hand in gentle soothing circles.

“Shhh…I’m here now. Everything’s alright.” He murmured as he tucked her head under his chin. Misun always calms down whenever she could smell Kris’s familiar scent but this time it did nothing to make her feel better. He gently rocked Misun back and forth and was pleased with himself when he felt her shaking less than before.

“Talk to me kiddo.” He gently encouraged after making sure that Misun wouldn’t have another breakdown anymore.

“Jongin broke up with me.” Misun said in a trembling voice.

“That ing bastard!” Kris growled. “Let’s go meet him right away. I’m going to beat the life out of him for hurting you!”

“No, Kris.” Misun held on to his arm tightly. “It’s not his fault. I made him break up with me.”

“Okay. Now I’m really confused.” Kris murmured. “Explain what happened.”

Misun launched into a detailed explanation of everything that happened after she met up with Jongin last night.

“Oh, sweetheart! I don’t want to be the reason behind your breakup! If you really want to go with him, you can go. Nothing makes me more happy than seeing you smile.” Kris gently combed his fingers though Misun’s hair.

“What about you?” Misun asked looking up to meet Kris’s eyes.

“I can manage here alone. Ofcourse I will miss you like crazy. But as long as you promise to come and visit me from time to time, I’m okay with you going with him.”  Kris declared, smiling gently.

“I don’t want to leave you alone here.” Misun explained.

“Oh Comeon! I said that I’m pretty okay with that, didn’t i? Who knows I might hook up with one of my fangirls without you breathing down my back and scaring them away” Kris laughed.

“Kris, you know it’s not a laughing matter.” Misun said sternly.

“It is, Misun. Just live your life, okay? Do what you think is right. I will always be happy with whatever you choose. And if you ask me, Jongin is a nice guy. He will take care of you for sure. I trust him even though it’s been only a little over a year since we met him. So don’t let him slip away. You will never get another guy like him.” Kris nodded his head encouragingly.

“Promise me you will call me everyday.” Misun said with a light grin on her face.

“Sure, kiddo.” Kris ruffled Misun’s hair. “Get up and wear a coat. I will drop you off at Jongin’s place. We will talk to him and clear up the misunderstandings.”

Misun’s heart thudded with excitement at the prospect of meeting Jongin again. she was also slightly scared as she thought he might still be angry at her. Soon, they were driving along the neighbourhood where Jongin resided and soon, they were parking the car infront of his huge mansion. The middle aged security who lightly dosing off just outside the wrought iron gate stood up groggily at the sight of the car in front of him and made his way towards them. Kris rolled down his window so that the man could see his face.

A look of recognition dawned on the security’s face.

“Morning! Sir” He greeted Kris politely.

“We are here to meet Jongin.” Kris explained. “Sorry, for turning up at such an untimely hour in the morning.”

The security looked at Kris with a puzzled expression.

“Didn’t Mr.Kim tell you?” He asked looking back and forth between kris and Misun.

“What?” Kris asked equally confused.

“He cancelled his previously booked  ticket to U.S and booked one for this morning and left to the airport last night as soon as he came back.” The security explained.

“Thank You.” Kris said, with a sense of dread as he looked at Misun. But she was sitting with an expressionless face.

Kris silently steered the car around and they drove back home. None of them spoke during the ride. Once they were back inside the house, kris broke the silence.

“Why don’t you call him ask him when you can go?” Kris asked in an attempt to encourage Misun.

“Okay.” She said and dialled Jongin all too familiar number.

The dialled number does not exist. Please chec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter