C 017

A Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tomorrow night?” Misun verified weakly. Both she and Sehun were in the orchard , tending to the plants. It was almost time for dinner and Kris might call them any moment now.

“Yup.” Sehun replied. “Sewhan will be coming back home tonight from his business trip to France. In short everybody will be home tomorrow night for dinner. I think it would be great to introduce you to them in person then.”

“Wait?” Misun cut in. “You talk like as though they already know me.”

“Not everyone.” Sehun chuckled as he dusted his hands off. “Sewhan knows, because I told him.”

“YOU WHAT?” Misun shouted. “Why would you do that?”

“Well, he guessed right when he heard that I gave up the transfer and called me right away to confirm.” Sehun retorted . ”How can you expect me to lie to my brother?!!”

“But what kind of person is Sewhan? Will he tell everyone else about what he heard from you?” Misun asked nervously. She had no idea why, but she was becoming extremely self- conscious by the minute. Will they even like her? She was ordinary ;They were ultra-rich people who practically swam in money.

“Sewhan is a blabbermouth.” Sehun laughed, but immediately stopped it when he noticed the silent scream escaping Misun’s open mouth. “From what I can guess, they might already know. I think they are all dying to meet you; including my niece.”

“What if they don’t approve?” Misun couldn’t help but ask. Meeting Sehun’s family didn’t seem like a great idea any more. Sehun had started walking away and didn’t bother to reply.

Misun forced herself to follow him out. Her mind was buzzing with thoughts. What is she going to wear? Now that she remembered, she didn’t have anything good enough to wear!! She face palmed herself  for not planning anything beforehand. She should have expected this to happen. Sehun is the kind of person who likes springing things up unexpectedly and Misun knew it very well too. But if she was being honest with herself, she didn’t expect him to take her to his family this early even though he had hinted that he might do so a couple of weeks back.

“Can we go someother time?” Misun asked and quickened her pace to catch up with Sehun. “I don’t even have anything good to wear. I really want to look good in your parents’ eyes.”

“You look good no matter what you wear.” Sehun replied. “Besides, I don’t know when Sewhan would be free after tomorrow night. You see, he is a very busy man.”

And that was it. Nothing Misun said could change Sehun’s mind. She gave up, defeated and followed him into the house. Kris was already setting up the table.

“Kris?” Sehun asked as soon as he took his seat on the other side of Misun’s chair. “I’m taking Misun to Seoul tomorrow to meet my parents.”

Misun silently choked on her food and looked up with watery eyes to gauge Kris’s reaction. Kris looked calm just like always and slightly nodded, giving Sehun his consent, without taking his eyes off the plate in front of him.

“Thank you.” Sehun replied gratefully and peeked sideways at Misun and wiggled his eyebrows ecstatically.

They didn’t talk much during dinner after that and Misun went to do the dishes after everyone had left the kitchen. She saw Kris beckoning Sehun to follow him outside the house. Misun looked curiously at the retreating backs of the two through the open front door. She shrugged and turned back to washing the dishes.

“Sehun, what are doing?” Misun heard Kris ask, his voice floating back to her through the open door.

“What?” She heard Sehun replying, his voice having a tone of bewilderment.

“You are taking her to your parents. You do realize that you are taking a really important step in your relationship, don’t you? I hope you have thought well about this.” Kris said.

“I do, Kris.” Sehun replied, sincerity reverberating from every syllable he said.

“I strongly believe that you are not leading her on to nothing.” Kris stated.

“I would never do that, Kris.” Sehun replied incredulously. “I know the magnitude of what I am doing and yes, I have already thought about all this well enough.”

“You do know that you have me to answer to if you hurt her in anyway, don’t you?” Kris asked. “I would have literally killed Jongin if he had stayed back after what he did to her. But he left before I could do anything. I won’t stand and watch this time and I want you to know that , Sehun. the one thing that I hate the most in this world is betrayal and I hope you won’t stoop that low to hurt her.”

“Betraying Misun is the last thing I would do in my life. I respect her as a woman and I love her so much that I would kill myself first before I can even think about hurting her.” Sehun said and Misun blushed, hearing it.

“Ugh, you are too cheesy.” Kris chuckled. “Good night Sehun. Have a safe trip tomorrow. Take care of my baby girl.”

“Righto.” Sehun replied.

Misun quickly composed her expression and sure enough, a few seconds later Kris came back in.

“Be confident and be honest with everything you say tomorrow and I think you will definitely do fine.” Kris smiled and gave Misun a one armed hug before going to his room.

Misun knew then that she deserved neither Kris nor Sehun.

 

Misun felt herself being lifted off the bed next morning. She opened her eyes blearily and saw herself being carried to the bathroom by Sehun, who smelled fresh already. Misun opened her eyes widely and saw that he looked all dressed up as though he was about to go somewhere.

“What’s up?” Misun asked in between yawns.

“You are the one who told me that you don’t have anything good enough to wear. So I thought we might as well go shopping before  dinner.” Sehun replied brightly as he gently stood Misun infront of the sink.

“But why are we going so early in the morning?” Misun asked frowning.

“It’s weekend, you idiot. I don’t want to get stuck in traffic and I don’t want to be late for dinner either.” Sehun scoffed, slightly flicking Misun’s forehead making her feel more awake. “Kris left early and I had breakfast with him. I will go pack yours now. you can have it in the car.” He said as he thundered down the stairs.

Misun quickly washed and pulled on a casual attire and pulled her hair up in a messy bun. She grabbed her purse and hurried downstairs and locked the front door behind her to see Sehun pulling his car out of his garage and parking it in front of her gate.

“Let’s go.” Sehun said happily as soon as Misun got in the car and buckled herself in. Misun had to endure Sehun’s out of tune singing for five hours straight. By the time they crossed Seoul border, Misun’s ears felt like they were bleeding.

“Remind me to buy noise cancelling earphones on the way back. I can use them whenever I foolishly try to travel with you from now on.” Misun grumbled.

“Misun, I’m not that bad you know.” Sehun said.

“You are just as bad as Kris.” Misun laughed.

Just as Sehun had predicted, Seoul was extremely busy with people enjoying the weekend and therefore parking his car proved difficult. In the end, Sehun parked it in a random street and both he and Misun walked a couple of blocks before they reached the street they were looking for. The street looked simply beautiful with shops lining both sides of the road. There were trees at regular intervals, casting cool shadows on the pavement. People were bustling about happily enjoying the day as much as Misun did. She smiled as she spotted a lady buying ice creams for her kids from an ice cream vendor. A couple were walking in the opposite direction with the girl resting her head on her bf’s shoulder while latter was hugging her tightly to his side. An old couple were standing in front of a shop trying out different pairs of matching couple hats. Love is in the air….

The first shop they tried out proved to be ridiculously expensive and Misun had to practically drag Sehun away from it. After visiting a couple more shops along the line, Misun realized that it was the same there too. Sehun kept choosing her outfits that were well beyond what she could afford and Misun got depressed soon enough. Sehun tried convincing her to buy what she wanted but she remained stubborn that she would shop only in a store that fit her budget and in the end, after a lot of tantrums, Misun found a shop that suited her needs.

The shop was slightly crowded and there were a lot of girls around shopping for clothes just like Misun. She quickly grabbed a couple of clothes that looked good in her eyes and made her way to try them out. She looked around to see where Sehun was and saw him standing by the door, looking completely out of place in a shop with only girls inside with him as the only exception. Misun stifled a giggle before closing the door behind her in the trial room.

Misun decided to buy the only piece of clothing she liked out all the ones she tried out. It was a sheath dress with Navy lace, straight hemmed with semi-transparent three quarter sleeves. The dress looked good on her and she wore it out wanting to hear Sehun’s take on the cloth and felt her jaw drop. A couple of girls were huddled around Sehun and were bombarding him with questions. Sehun was smiling at them all and it irked Misun to no end. How dare he flirt with girls when he is out with his girlfriend? Misun strode quickly towards him and as she neared Sehun, she heard one of the girls talk.

“Are you by any chance an idol?” the girl batted her fake eye lashes and tucked her hair behind her ear, a shy smile grazing her lips.

“No, I am not.” Sehun laughed.

Misun decided that enough was enough. Just as she was about to ask them all to clear away, one of the girls spotted Misun and her phone in Misun’s hand.

“Can you please take a photo of us?” She shamelessly asked as she went to stand beside Sehun with a V sign on her right hand.

Misun turned her murderous glare towards Sehun, who gulped audibly and nodded his head slightly as though begging Misun to do it. Misun sighed and snapped a picture on the phone before shoving it back on the girl’s hand. Sehun immediately disentangled himself from the girls and pulled Misun into a hug and kissed her forehead.

“You look good in this one. Shall we pay then?” He asked. Misun gave a grunt and made her way towards the counter. Sehun waved at the girls who were looking extremely embarrassed that they were flirting with a guy who actually had a girlfriend and hurried after Misun. She was in a foul mood until Sehun bought her a huge scoop of chocolate ice cream just outside the cloth shop. After walking around a bit, both of them had lunch in a small restaurant and continued on to a salon where Misun did her hair and slightly touched up her makeup. Sehun sat at the reception reading out dated magazines while waiting patiently for Misun to finish everything.

Misun came out after a while and Sehun stood up from his seat, stretching as he did. He took one look at Misun and lunged forward as though to kiss her. Misun placed her hands on his chest and pushed him back.

“Don’t ruin the make up.” She smiled but ended up letting Sehun peck her nose lightly.

It was already dark outside and the crowd had thinned by then. Now that their shopping was over, Sehun and Misun walked back to where they had parked their car. They turned at the first right and faced a deserted street which looked lifeless except for the flickering street lamp. As they were walking along the narrow street, they saw a group of men coming towards them from the opposite di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter