Epilouge

A Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Misun, Am I making the right decision?” Kris asked as he nervously looked at his reflection on the full length mirror before him. He couldn’t look more perfect in that tailored suit. Misun herself admitted that he looked like a greek god, though she didn’t say that out loud.

“About what?” Misun asked absent-mindedly. She was busy checking the clipboard she had on her hand. “We still have a lot of work to do…” She mused thoughtfully as she scribbled on to her clipboard.

“Are you even listening?” Kris snapped and Misun finally looked up, concerned. Kris rarely lost his patience and that fact that he looked pale and agitated right now made her slightly alarmed.

“I’m sorry.” She apologized quickly and Kris’s features softened slightly before morphing into a look that screamed fear.

“Kris, are you all right?” Misun asked quickly placing her palm on her brother’s forehead, feeling his temperature.

“Am I doing the right thing?” Kris asked again and vaguely waved his hand towards his own breath taking reflection on the mirror.

“Not now, Kris!” Misun said, finally catching onto what Kris had been trying to say. “You are getting married in a couple of hours. Don’t you dare question yourself about your choices now.”

Kris didn’t reply but simply stared at himself, his face now tinged with a pale green. Misun knew she had to do something quickly to pull her brother out of all the discouraging thoughts he must probably be having on his mind right now.

“Answer me, Kris.” Misun said, trying hard to remain calm. It was already stressful what with supervising all the wedding related arrangements by herself. She didn’t want her brother to add more to it. “Can you imagine a life without Mi Rae?”

“No, of course not.” Kris’s answer was spontaneous.

“There you go!” Misun said. “Mi Rae is your better half. So that means you made the right decision by choosing to marry her. so what’s the problem?”

“It’s just that I feel like I’m not ready to settle down yet.” Kris mumbled as he his cuff links.

“You are in your thirties.” Misun scoffed. “I think this is the best time to settle down.”

“Misun” Kris groaned. “It’s the responsibly that comes with the marriage that I’m worried about. From now on, one more girl is going to depend on me. And I honestly have no idea whether I will be able to make her happy and satisfied with the life she is going to have with me.”

“Kris, please.” Misun said as she wrapped her arms around his sturdy waist. “You are the most amazing human being I have ever had the chance to meet in this life. You were more than a brother to me. You were like a mother and father to me. you looked after me so well that I barely missed my parents. You did extremely well and you shouldered all your responsibilities in the best possible way so far and I’m more than positive that you will continue to do the same for many years to come. To be honest, you are more than what Mi Rae can ever hope for. Besides, she is a lovely girl. She will always be happy with what you give her. I’m sure that she will never demand more from you.”

“If you say so..” Kris muttered as he hugged his sister back. Having her near him was enough to calm his nerves down and now he felt slightly better. Both of them stood like that for a couple of minutes before Kris released Misun from his hold.

“Hey, when is Sehun arriving?” He asked turning around to look at Misun. She looked dazed as though someone had clubbed her head. “Misun?” Kris asked now concerned about his sister’s sanity.

“Damn it!” Misun cursed, hitting herself on the forehead. “I forgot that Sehun is arriving today!” She screamed. “I haven’t arranged anyone to pick him up from Incheon.”

“You forgot that your boyfriend is coming back today?” Kris asked in mock amusement, one corner of his lips tugging up into a devilish smirk.

“Shut up,Kris.” Misun snapped. “ For once I forgot about his schedule because of everything that has been happening here.” Misun said, running out of the room frantically.

“Ask one of the boys to pick him up!” Kris hollered from his room. “They are yet to leave from Seoul. Baekhyun talked to me an hour ago.”

“Okay. love you.” Misun hollered back, her mood lightening instantly.

“Now she says she loves me.” Kris scoffed but couldn’t stop his face from splitting into a tender smile.

Meanwhile Misun was pacing back and forth in the porch, trying to call Baekhyun.

“What’s up, Misun?” Baekhyun asked after he picked the call on the fourth ring.

“Hey Baek, can you pick Sehun up from Incheon international? He must have arrived already. I forgot to make arrangements.”

“You forgot about Sehun?” Baekhyun asked ecstatically. “This must be some kind of a record.” He added followed by a cackle of laughter from the background, which suspiciously seemed to belong to Chanyeol. “Wait till I tell Sehun about what his girlfriend’s loyalty is like these days.” He said sounding like a five year old, who has just been told that Christmas is coming early this year.

“Where are you now?” Misun asked, trying hard not to snap at Baekhyun  and not to concentrate too much on the background which sounded like a market.

“I’m at my place of course. The others just arrived and we are about to start to Damyang.” Baekhyun replied. “But we will pick Sehun on the way, don’t worry.”

“Thanks Baek.” Misun said before hanging up. She let out a sigh of relief and slumped down onto one of the steps and closed her eyes tiredly. It would be a miracle if she survived the wedding. It was already taking a toll on her mental and physical health.

A lot has changed in the past three years as Misun thought back to the day she first stepped foot on this peaceful looking village. She barely knew her fellow villagers back then. But now, she knew almost every single one of them. The three room clinic Kris established initially has now bloomed into a full-fledged multi storey building, with ten employees reporting to him round the clock. More people from in and around Damyang have now started visiting Kris’s clinic and he has now plans for including OT rooms too. He has also become one of the most respected people in the village and his counsel was taken with great seriousness every time the villagers gathered for a meeting. At first Damyang was just a place that numbed her pain, but now it is a place that holds a lot of special memories for her.  Her attachment to the village has grown so much that, she now can’t imagine herself making her living anywhere else. Her job also has taken a positive turn ever since she got promoted to the post of associate editor in chief. She now frequently visited her magazine HQ and it would be a matter of time before she would get promoted as the editor in chief according to her co-workers. All this was nothing to how she felt about Sehun and her relationship with him. To this day, Misun has no idea how in the world did she end up with such an angel. She sometimes questioned herself as to whether she was deserving enough to have such an amazing person as her boyfriend and she always ended up considering herself undeserving of his love and attention. Sehun made her feel more livelier than she had ever been before and he taught her how  to live life without regrets and how to be grateful towards whatever she had. He healed her in ways she didn’t know was possible. Above all, he taught her what it meant to sacrifice oneself for their other half. It was the same reason why she persuaded Sehun to go to China and do his dream job when the opportunity presented itself before him for a second time. She no longer felt insecure and her trust issues were long gone. He was reluctant at first but Misun assured that she would be happier if he went. So he joined the Chinese facility about a year back. But he made sure that he visited his love whenever he got a break from work.

Sehun’s orchard has now become a government property and was well tended by the government officials now that he won’t be around to take care of his precious plants. But Misun still visited the place every day whenever she missed Sehun so much that it became a physical pain that was hard to endure. As soon as Suho got transferred to one of their minor facilities in Jeju, Baekhyun got appointed as head of genetic research and the first thing he did after obtaining the position was bringing Chanyeol straight back to Seoul, much to the latter’s displeasure and of course sanctioning Sehun’s transfer to China. Though Chanyeol was pissed off at the recent developments, he eventually learned to accept his fate which always seemed to tie Baekhyun with him.

Misun smiled as she broke out of her train of thoughts. She would be seeing Sehun in a couple of hours and her stomach did a small backflip at the prospect of seeing him after about a month. He had thrown a tantrum the last time he came back, because he wanted to contribute to Kris’s wedding plans. But Misun thought that it would seriously affect his job and put her foot down and eventually Sehun had to return back to Beijing.

 The smile on her face vanished as soon as it had come as Misun took another look at the long list of arrangements she had yet to do. She stood up and squared her shoulders and chanted “Misun, fighting!”

Shin-ah arrived half an hour later with one of her friends, who was a professional stylist and without further ado Misun led them to Mi rae’s place and all of them got to work.

“You look beautiful.” Misun gushed as she looked at the beautifully made up Mi Rae, who looked prettier than usual because of the way Shin-ah’s friend worked her magic on the girl. Mi Rae anxiously checked herself out in the mirror and gave a satisfied smile when she looked at her own reflection. Her wedding dress was an elegant flowing white dress with intricately embroidered pearls in it. it was actually a gift from the Kim family. They  meant their word when they said they were eternally grateful towards Kris for saving their one and only son-Jongin. They had sent a really famous fashion designer straight from Paris to Damyang to take Mi Rae’s measurements and then he stayed in Seoul together with his subordinates and worked tirelessly on the wedding dress for a month. The final result was delivered a week before the wedding date, together with a note giving them his contact details incase alterations were to be made. But the dress fit Mi Rae perfectly, subtly bringing out the beauty of her curves. The dress made her look elegant even when she was at a stand still. Her hair was piled at the top of her head and was adorned by a platinum and diamond tiara holding up a beautiful silky veil which fell in waves over Mi Rae’s back. Misun had picked herself a periwinkle blue off shoulder dress. And she wore the necklace she had received from the Ohs the first time she went to meet them together with a matching bracelet, which Sehun had gifted her last birthday. Her wavy hair tumbled down her shoulders and she finally added finishing touches to it. Then Shin-ah together with Misun ushered Mi Rae outside, where, just as they had planned ahead, was Luhan, waiting for them.

“Hey, Misun!” He greeted casually. He quickly opened the back door and let the girls in. He got in the front quickly after checking that the bride was seated comfortably and started driving.

“Where is your girlfriend?” Misun asked as soon as she had made herself comfortable.

“For your information, she is my wife now.” Luhan sent her a look through the front mirror, which clearly indicated that he was not pleased. “I already dropped her at the meadow. Oh and by the way, Sewhan has arrived with his family and other guests are arriving as we speak.”

Finding a good venue for the wedding was a real hassle for all of them. Kris was against booking a convention hall in the city since convention halls were always big and they were not planning to invite too many guests either. So Sehun suggested finding a place here in Damyang and every one was okay with it. So after much research and looking around, Sehun found a place which was much better than a boring convention hall in every possible way. it was a beautiful meadow in the outskirts of Damyang. It was big enough to house a couple hundreds of people and it gave a beautiful view of a wild stream flowing behind it. There was something about it that gave off a romantic vibe. Kris and Mi Rae had visited the place together once and were quite satisfied with it and had decided to have their wedding here.

“Who is taking care of the seating arrangements?” Misun asked anxiously. Luhan was supposed to do it with Sewhan but since he came to pick up the bride, Sewhan would definitely be finding it difficult to manage everyone alone.

“I asked Yixing to help in my stead and came here.”

“Sehun’s friends have arrived already?”

“Yup, they did. They are helping with everything. Sehun has gone to pick Kris up.” Luhan supplied. Upon hearing Kris being mentioned, Mi Rae blushed a beautiful shade of pink and Shin-ah giggled at the sight.

Luhan’s car jerked a bit as he expertly drove it away from the tarmac to the dirt road leading to the meadow. After a bumpy five minute ride, Luhan parked his car along with two other cars in the vicinity- a silver Jaguar which was Sewhan’s ride, and another one, a black Porsche.  Luhan got out and opened the door for the bride to step out of the car.

The venue looked simply beautiful, with balls of lights hanging from the trees around the boundary, sparkling innocently. White round tables were arranged with matching chairs around them so that the guests can sit and watch the ceremony comfortably. Each table carried a name card, allowing the guests to be seated without any difficulties. To the end facing the stream was a slightly raised platform beautifully decorated with flowers of every possible shade, their fragrance adding to the clean unpolluted scent of the meadow.  Towards the front was a row of bench arranged for the family members to sit down and currently only Mi Rae’s family was seated. They looked quite nervous but it was quite understandable becaus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter