C 04

A Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A really really big shout out to Sehun4 aka my dongsaeng for the beautiful poster and background!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much vivi!!! I love it!!

Sehun4 owns a graphic shop and let me tell you guys that she is the real deal.

Her posters are simply awesome!!! (I know that most of you guys know her already)

But those who don't know her, can check out her graphic shop here.

The next day dawned bright and cold. Misun woke up and saw it lightly snowing  outside. She automatically shivered at the sight of snow lightly accumulating on trees surrounding her house, on the walkway towards her house  and she grimaced when she caught sight of snow mixing up with the squishy mud on the dirt road . She absolutely hated walking through snow and mud , it was sticky and dirty.

There were three bedrooms in the house. Two on the ground floor and one on the first floor. Unfortunately, both Kris and Misun wanted the bedroom upstairs. It was big and cosy and it gave a beautiful view of the fields sprawling on the other side of the dirt road.  After several rounds of rock, paper and scissor with Kris, Misun won the upstairs bedroom fair and square. She immensely enjoyed the shifting process because the loser of the game is also required to help the winner shift heavy stuffs around. While she carried her backpack swiftly, Kris was forced to carry her suitcases which she had taken with her from her home back in Seoul, much to Kris’s displeasure. They were really big and heavy and in Kris’s opinion and full of things definitely useless for country life. Why would  someone pack so many clothes, when clearly people in Damyang doesn’t give a as to whether you are wearing the same clothes from previous day or not, was outside Kris’s thinking capability.

“May be I should ditch Damyang and go to Seoul.” He mumbled as he slumped tiredly on the floor beside Misun’s queen sized bed, after having shifted (which included a lot of swearing and grumbling)all her stuff .

“yeah, you better go back. Irrespective of whether I’m happy or not, your fangirls will definitely be ecstatic  to have you back.” Misun scoffed.

 

Misun smiled lightly when she remembered the haggard look Kris had that day. She went downstairs after freshening up and to her immense  pleasure, she saw Kris already setting the table ready for breakfast.

“Good.” She clapped Kris’s back as she passed him towards one of the chairs. It looked like he went out for an early morning shopping.

“Thought you must be tired after all the work yesterday. That’s why I didn’t wake you up. But don’t think I will be this lenient tomorrow, kiddo.” Kris brandished his fork in her direction as he sat himself opposite to Misun.

“You are the best, Kris. I don’t know what I would do without you.” Misun tried flattery.

“Well, it’s good if you know my worth.” Kris smiled pulling his hand through his styled hair.

“So, what’s up with the clinic’s papers?All set?” Misun asked as she munched on her corn sandwich.

“Yeah, they are ready for submission at the office. If I get a permit right away, I can start working today.” Kris said excitedly.

“Good for you. I’m going to die of boredom here.” Misun said with  a small pout on her face.

“You can look around Damyang if you want. There are a lot of things to see here.” Kris pointed out.

“I don’t want to go alone.” Misun grumbled.

“Then take that poodle with you. What’s his name again? Sehun?” Kris enquired.

“That reminds me!” Misun exclaimed. “He actually asked me to meet him today! Thanks for reminding me Kris! ” Misun said quickly checking the time. “Damn I’m late. I should get going now.”

“At least finish the sandwich.” Kris hollered after Misun as she jumped from her chair and ran to her room to get ready.

“You can have it. I’m not hungry.” Misun shouted back. “Oh, all the best. I love you.” She doubled back and smooched kris’s cheek.

“Your loss.” Kris shrugged and pulled the half eaten sandwich from Misun’s plate towards him. “You are disgusting.” He shouted once again before rubbing his cheek  where she had kissed him moments ago, with his sleeve.

 

Misun quickly changed into clothes that will let her stay warm in the cold and swiftly went out. As she passed Sehun’s house she jumped a couple of times in the air to take a good look at the front door to see whether it was locked or not. It was locked as she had expected which made her assume that he might have already left for the orchard. She walked carefully not to slip and fall on the ground, which was extra squishy today because of the light snowing.

She made it to the orchard in the next fifteen minutes. The front gate was open and Sehun’s bike was parked near it. She quickly walked in but the orchard looked empty.

“You came!!” the familiar husky voice called out from somewhere above her.  Misun looked  up startled and saw Sehun sitting on one of the branches of the apple tree. He had a basket on one of his hands and had a fruit picker on the other. A slight sheen of sweat glistened on his forehead. He was clearly struggling to pluck the purple apples.

“You came at the right time!” He called put happily, his breath misting in the air. “Here, grab this.” He threw the basket down without warning.

“shoot.” Misun cursed as she jumped forward and grabbed the basket.

“Not bad.”  Sehun said appreciatively as he saw Misun catching the basket.

“Are they ripe enough to pick?” Misun asked as she observed Sehun expertly moving over the branch towards the dangling fruits.

“I don’t know yet. Based on their genetic construction they are supposed to get ripened faster than a normal apple. So I guess, they are ripe enough to pick now. it’s hard to tell by their looks since they are purple. There is no way other than cutting them up.” Sehun said, as he carefully picked one of the apples.

“I’m going to throw them down. Catch them carefully.” He warned before he threw the apple down.

Misun spend the next half an hour catching the apples. Before long the basket was full of the weird looking apples.

“They are beautiful.” Misun said appreciatively as she watched the apples on the basket just as Sehun climbed down the tree.

“Thanks.” Sehun said proudly as he stood beside her and observed his work of art.

“You really are doing a great job.” Misun patted him on the shoulder.

“This is nothing.” Sehun smiled warmly at her, causing his eyes to crinkle cutely. “There is something else which is the actual stuff that I’m working on. The apples were just for fun.”

“You wanna take a look?” He asked , his eyes sparkling with excitement. Misun felt her head automatically nodding at him. How could she say no to that face?

“Well then, keep the basket here. We will get them on our way back.” He said as he took the basket from Misun’s hands and placed them on the ground beside the tree. He then proceeded to lock the gate.

“Let’s go.” He said as he came back, but froze when Misun let out a sneeze.

“Why are you wearing such thin clothes?” He scoffed, immediately removing his scarf and placing it around Misun’s neck. He gently pulled the scarf up so that it covered her nose and mouth.

“I don’t want you to sneeze over my babies. It might affect their growth.” He said seriously.

Misun blushed a deep crimson and lunged forward to smack Sehun on the arm.

“Come on!!!” Sehun groaned as he expertly dodged her blow. “I’m not even allowed to joke?”

“You are not.” Misun snapped.

“Okay,okay.” Sehun chuckled. He slung an arm easily around her shoulders as though they had been friends for a long time and pulled her along with him. Misun felt warmth emanating from his body and almost sighed aloud in content and caught herself in the last minute.

“What is that?” Misun asked with round eyes as they neared the edge of the orchard.

“This Ms.Choi , is my real masterpiece.”

Misun looked at the glass dome in front of her. It was medium sized in width but was tall and  it towered over her. But the fact that it was surrounded by trees from all the sides explained why she didn’t see this last night when she was here. The glass was semi-transparent and she could make out green blurs inside.

“Is that a green house?” She asked incredulously.

“It is.” Sehun explained. “I made it myself. Imported the glass from Japan.”

“I have no words.” Misun trailed off.

“Wait till you see what’s inside.” Sehun said and pulled her towards the green house.

He gently pushed the door open.

They were looking at single plant at the exact center of the domed green house. The corners of the structure were lined with humidifiers and temperature regulators and Misun noted with excitement as an automatic wat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter