C 05

A Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After having a late but delicious lunch, Sehun  settled down to prepare the much awaited report about his hybrid apples. Misun had to agree that it was an endearing sight to watch- Sehun settled on the living room couch with his laptop on his legs, typing away feverishly. With the frameless  glasses perched on the end of his nose, Misun thought  that he looked like a proper  scientist for the first time since she met him. She just stood in the background , watching him work for sometime, since the way he worked reminded her so much of those deadlines she had struggled to meet when she was working full time at the company. When she realized that he won’t be finishing anytime soon, she gave herself a tour around his house.

Just like his living room and kitchen, the rest of his house was going with the concept of minimalism. There weren’t so many furniture around and the place looked airy and spacious even though it was much smaller than the house she and her brother were staying in. Misun particularly enjoyed visiting Sehun’s room. It was really big and took up most of the first floor. Everything about the room was perfect starting from the wooden flooring to the wall sized windows leading to the terrace which was beautifully decorated with pebbles, plants and even a small pomegranate tree. What was more, Misun also noticed a telescope perched on a stand near a chair. Sehun liked star gazing?

“He is a born scientist….” Misun mumbled to herself as she sat herself on the chair. The weather was undeniably nice, even though it was snowing in the morning. The light breeze blowing  was soothing to her skin unlike the bitter cold that morning and before she knew it, she started dozing off.

 

“Wake up sleepy face.” Someone prodded her arm.

“Go away.” She pushed the hand away.

“Suit yourself. It’s going to snow again and I’m going to lock the glass door. You are most welcome to stay outside all night.”

That made Misun jerk awake and she looked around frantically. It was getting dark and the horizon was tinged with a pale red.

“Damn, I can’t believe that I slept outside.” she mumbled in a sleepy voice.

“Come in.” Sehun pushed her up from the chair.

Misun rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and saw the retreating back of Sehun   before her. He had already changed into a grey pullover which accentuated his broad shoulders.  She slapped her cheeks a bit to stop herself from ogling at him too much.

“Your brother’s back.” Sehun informed. “You can go back now or if you have an hour to spare, I can take you to the orchard again and we can check in on the plants again before the blizzard hits. The weather report says that its gonna snow hard tonight.”

“I can help you. Kris wouldn’t mind.” Misun replied a she struggled to catch up with Sehun.

“Sure. But do call him and tell him about your plan. Don’t want him worried about you.” Sehun said as he opened his cupboard and pulled two winter jackets out.

“Here.” He said, as he threw one over to her. He wore his black one and gestured her to follow him out of the bedroom.

They had to walk all the way to the orchard since they left Sehun’s bike there that morning.

“Damn, its cold.” Sehun said, as he rubbed his hands together to keep them warm.

“Y-yeah.” Misun stuttered.

“You look like Rudolph the reindeer.” Sehun suddenly chuckled as he rubbed her cheek with his gloved hands.

“Stop it.” Misun slapped his hand away.

“Look at that!” Sehun said with mock wonder as he pinched her nose which had become red by then.

“Stop Sehun.” Misun said in a nasal voice, since her nose was blocked with Sehun’s grip.

“Right.” Sehun chuckled as he let go of her.

Misun called  Kris to let him know that she might arrive late, to which Kris asked her to be careful and also reminded her of the upcoming blizzard.

They reached the orchard soon after wards and Sehun and Misun set to work quickly.  Misun helped sehun clean the already fallen snow from immediate vicinity of plants where as Sehun busied himself with one of his remote controls.

“What does that do?” Misun called out.

“It will bring a tarpaulin sheet over the plants. It doesn’t do much but atleast keeps most of the snow away.” Sehun explained.

Within the next half an hour, the sheet was in place and most of the snow was shovelled out of the orchard.

“Lets go.” Sehun pulled Misun up. “Thanks for helping me out.”

“Well, we made a deal remember?” Misun smiled at him.

When Misun  turned around to face the gate, her blood ran cold. She had seen blizzards on Tv before, but never in her life had she experienced one. It hit them from the south so hard that Misun felt herself sliding backwards due to intense wind. It was also cold enough for her to get frostbites.

“Misun. You all right?”  Sehun’s muffled voice could be heard from somewhere around her right. “Damn,the blizzard hit early.”

Misun turned around and saw him standing right beside her with one of his hands tugging at her arm. Weird, she didn’t feel his pull at all, which made her realize that she was numb to the bone due to cold.

“I don’t think we will be able to go back in this state.” He said matter of factly.

“How about the bike?” Misun asked, even though she knew the answer even before she asked it.

“It will be half buried in snow by now.” Sehun dismissed her suggestion. “Visibility is also poor. We cannot risk getting stranded.”

“What will we do now?” Misun asked  fearfully as she clung on to Sehun’ s arm. He automatically put one of his hands over her and pulled her close.

“Might Oh Sehun is here. The blizzard doesn’t even stand a chance.” Sehun joked and even managed to wink at her. Misun couldn’t help but chuckle as she caught sight of his snow crusted eyebrows and eye lashes.

“Hold on to me and follow my footsteps.” He warned her and both of them moved deep into the orchard. Before long  Sehun’s green house came into view.

“Don’t tell me…” Misun trailed off.

“We have no other choice.” Sehun said as he pulled her into the green house.

After the biting cold and strong wind outside, the green house felt like heaven. She secretly thanked all the humidifiers and temperature regulators sehun had installed inside it.

Sehun sat himself in a corner and pulled Misun to sit beside him. He then proceeded to rub her palms and blew at them in an attempt to warm them up. After sometime, the heat started kicking in and the crusted snow in their hair and eyebrows started melting.

“Your green house helped us in the end.” Misun joked as she let him bring some color back to her.

“Yeah it did.” Sehun chuckled.

It became silent after that which for Misun became awkward. She decided to start a small talk to break the awkward silence.

“ You care for your plants a lot. You treat them like they are fellow humans.” Misun voiced her observations. “it’s really difficult to see like you these days.”

“That’s because plants are like humans anyway.” Sehun explained. “People have this misconception that humans are superior to every other being on this planet. But I tend to agree otherwise, because, all beings on this planet have equal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter