C 013

A Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That’s all everybody. Meeting dispersed.” Jiyoung said with a satisfied smile as he stood up from his chair and left the conference room. As soon as he left, a gently hum broke out in the room, which was previously silent, as people started talking and gathering their things up from the table.

“So, how is Damyang?” Shin-ah asked Misun excitedly, who had come over to her magazine HQ for an important meeting. Sehun accompanied her this time since he also had to make his monthly report submission. He had dropped her off infront of her company and had left, promising that he would pick her up in time for dinner.

“It’s really good.” Misun said lightly as she followed Shin-ah out of the room.

“Speaking of Damyang.” Shin-ah continued. “Why didn’t you tell me your neighbour is a total eyecandy?”

“What?” Misun almost shouted.

“I’m talking about that long legged hottie who dropped you off in the morning in front of our company.” Shin-ah explained impatiently. “ Do you know that he is now a talk here among all the women staff?”

“That hottie has a name.” Misun said, ignoring  Shin-ah’ s second sentence. “Oh Sehun.”

“Well, then, Sehun is a head turner for sure. I now know why you are reluctant to come back to Seoul. Come on, who would give up on a guy that gorgeous?” Shin-ah gushed.

“You should come to Damyang then. It’s a nice place.” Misun subtly tried to change the subject.

“Sure thing, if you could introduce me to Sehun.” Shin-ah said shamelessly.

“I thought you fancied my brother?” Misun enquired.

“Oh Yeah, I totally forgot about Kris!! Is he still available? I’m okay as long as it’s one of them.” Shin-ah said happily.

Misun gave her a disgusted look. “You know what? Don’t come at all.”

“Come on Misun! Don’t be a kill joy!!” Shin-ah shouted at Misun, who had stomped away from her.

Misun walked towards the cafeteria to get something to drink with Shin-ah running behind to catch up with her. Just after she had placed her order, her phone started ringing. She picked her phone up and her stomach flipped as though she had missed a step going downstairs, when she saw the caller ID. This guy hasn’t called her in a while. Misun blinked a couple of times at her phone screen to make sure that she was not imagining things. She attended the call with trembling hands.

“Kitten? Did you miss me?” A melodious voice said from the other end.

“Is this really you?” Misun half whispered as though she couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

“Yeah, it’s me.” The voice verified. “I’m outside the company, waiting to pick you up. Can we go out and have lunch together?”

“How did you know I’m here?” Misun asked in awe.

“I called Kris and he filled me in on the..ah….latest developments.” The voice replied. “So, are you coming or what?”

“I’m coming.” Misun said hastily before she walked briskly towards the main lobby.

“Misun! Your order!” Shin-ah called out exasperatedly from behind.

“You can have it.” Misun shouted without even bothering to look at Shin-ah.

As soon as she reached the lobby, she caught sight of a sleek black Mercedes parked in the front and a guy was leaning casually on its side, looking mildly interested at the people going in and out of the building.

“Lu Han!” Misun called, drawing his attention towards her by waving her hand frantically above her. Lu Han looked up and smiled sweetly as he caught sight of Misun and he waved back. Misun noticed that Lu Han’s  hair was now frost blond instead of shocking pink he had been sporting years ago when he was still a student alongside Kris. Misun still remembered how she had begged him to get rid of the appalling hairstyle, to which Lu Han had turned deaf ears. Misun let out a silent sigh that Lu Han had given up on ridiculous hair styles and had decided to settle with something which was much better to look at.

Lu Han was the only person Misun was close to apart from Kris during the time when Kris was still in med school. Kris and Lu Han were inseparable and it was common to see the friends hanging around eacother’s houses a lot. As soon as Lu Han graduated having specialized in psychiatry, he had left to China for practising there. Since then Misun had never got a chance to meet Lu Han in person. Even though Misun texted him occasionally, the fact that he was quite busy with his work prevented him from contacting them often.

“You still look the same!!” Lu Han said as he pulled Misun into a hug when she came within reaching distance.

“You look more presentable and less embarrassing to look at.” Misun replied as she ran her hands through his silky hair.

“Yeah well, my boss told me that if I came back to the hospital looking like I had dipped my  hair in paint one more time, he would send me packing up.” Lu Han shook his head. “ That guy seriously has no sense of fashion.”

Misun decided that it’s better not to comment on what Lu Han had said. It was common knowledge that it’s impossible to change Lu Han’s view on things, irrespective of how bad they are.

“Let’s get going then.” Lu Han said briskly as he opened the door for Misun to get in his car. He closed the door after making sure that she was settled in comfortably and made his way to the driver’s side, winking at the ogling people casually, earning squeals and moans in return.

“I thought you had a girlfriend?” Misun scoffed as Lu Han gently started the car.

“Yes I do.” Lu Han said cheerfully.

“Does she know that you still flirt like there is no tomorrow?” Misun asked.

“She does.” Lu Han replied as he gently reversed the car keeping an eye on the front mirror.

“How come she is still dating you?” Misun asked incredulously.

“That, my dear, is because I’m irresistible.” Lu Han said smugly to which Misun gagged. “Or you could say that she finds me attractive irrespective of what I do.”

They bickered all the way to the restaurant. Lu Han threw his car key to a waiting valet as soon as he stopped the car infront of the building and beckoned Misun to follow him inside. Misun quickly pulled out her phone and texted Sehun that she was about to have lunch with a friend, to which Sehun sent a smiling emoji and an ‘enjoy!’. They found a table for two at the very end of the hall.

“Speaking about dating.” Lu Han said, fixing a judgemental look at Misun over the menu card. “I heard from Kris that you are thoroughly smitten by a guy. His name is Sehun if I am not mistaken.”

Misun who had been drinking water from a cup choked and spat water down her front.

“Kris said what?” Misun wheezed.

“Well, it came as a shock when I heard from him about what happened between you and Jongin. I was expecting you to be a depressed mess and was about to ask Kris if he wanted me to counsel you but he told me that you are alright and that this Sehun guy is the reason why you have not broken apart.” Lu Han explained carefully . “I’m kinda impressed at what Sehun has done for you. I want to know more about him.”

Misun just sat there numbly. She thought that she had been hoodwinking Kris, but he had known about her feelings all this while. Ofcourse! Kris was her brother for a reason.

“It was really hard for me in the beginning because I was too dependent on Jongin, so I felt extremely lonely when he suddenly left. So Kris thought it would make a nice difference if we relocated and brought me to Damyang. I met Sehun there.” Misun said entwining her fingers on her lap. Lu Han might help her with her confused thoughts. Maybe he might give her an idea on what to do about her feelings for Sehun.

“What does he do for a living?” Lu Han asked just as a waiter came to take their order.

“He is a scientist. He is staying in Damyang as a part of a project his boss is heading.” Misun replied as soon as the waiter left.

“What kind of a person is he?” Lu Han asked again and Misun identified the professional tone on his voice. She started explain everything- about how they met, how they became close, how Sehun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter