C 03

A Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as she heard the voice, Misun held still, unsure of who it was and what they were going to do with her. Her mind started conjuring up unpleasant things that might happen to her and she shivered automatically and  Much to her dismay, the entire field was illuminated moments later when  flood lights installed all around it one by one. Misun had to shield her eyes against the sudden flash of light and had to squint to look around.

“May be I should  just let you stay there all night. Might teach you a lesson not to come snooping around places where you don’t belong.” The husky voice continued, this time  from directly below Misun. Out of instinct she looked down and saw a guy standing there, looking up at her with his hands shielding his eyes. Misun gave a sigh of relief when she realized that the person didn’t look menacing even though she couldn’t take a proper look at him from this height. From what she could make out, he looked like he was around her age, which calmed her a little bit, since what she was expecting was a middle aged, fat hairy man with an ugly leer on his face.

“Hey, I didn’t steal anything. I’m new to this place and had no idea how to get to the market. Thought I would find someone here so that I could ask them for  directions. I didn’t know that people here actually set up traps or else I wouldn’t have even come here.” Misun explained hastily. The guy continued to look up at her with an expressionless face.

“Umm, can you let me down?” Misun said when she realized that the guy might not be responding anytime soon. “Please?” she added as an afterthought.

“Don’t play games with me ,kid. This is the fifth time I’m catching you trespassing into a private property.” The guy said dismissively.

“I didn’t trespass.” Misun snapped, slightly irritated at the guy’s naiveness. “you’ve got the wrong person this time.”

“Oh, then please explain how you got in? I clearly remember locking the entry gate and the key is still here with me.” He waved his hand in the air, and Misun saw a tiny key dangling from his pinkie finger, glinting innocently up at her.

“Okay, Okay! I jumped over the fence. But I had no ulterior motive in my mind. I’m new to this place like I said and I wanted help finding the market.” Misun explained yet again. She knew that people from the country side are quite slow on the up take. She has to deal with this carefully otherwise the guy might leave her hanging down the tree for the rest of the night. She mentally cursed at herself for leaving her phone back home.

“Well, then. I will let you down.” The guy said with a sigh. “But, you will take me to your parents. I would like to have a word with them about their child’s activities.”

Misun nodded eagerly. At this point of time, she would do anything to get down. The net was cutting on her skin and was painful. Her fingers were already raw from clutching at the net for so long.

She watched with evident relief as the guy produced a remote control from his pocket. He pressed a button on it and the net slowly descended down and soon it landed with a slight thud on the ground. The guy came forward and cut the net expertly with a pocket knife which he produced as soon as the net came within his reach. Misun sighed with relief as she got out of the net and turned around to thank the guy. What she wanted to say got stuck in when the person’s features were thrown into sharp profile by the floodlights.

The person was extremely tall and lean, but the well-developed muscles beneath the clothes he was wearing hinted that he was not that skinny. He was wearing nondescript clothes-just a simple white t-shirt, which fit him snugly and  khaki shorts paired off with white sneakers that looked worn off and muddy. His complexion was extremely pale and looked flawless. He raised a hand and waved it in front of Misun when she just stood there staring at him and Misun noted the veins and tendons standing up on his arms, making them more attractive and illegal. His light brown hair was longer than normal and was in careless disarray. Misun took in his facial features and saw his perfect eyebrows scrunched up in worry. His plump pink lips were moving. It took another moment for Misun to realize that he was talking to her.

As soon as it started Misun got out of her dazed state and heard his voice.

“You alright?” The guy asked with concern. “I’m sorry, I thought you were a local kid, trying to steal fruits from my place.” He jabbed his thumb towards his back, in the garden’s general direction.

“It’s okay.” Misun mumbled. She only knew two other people who were close to this guy in their perfect looks. Kris and…….Jongin. Before Misun could control it, tears started flowing down from her eyes. In the past few days she had tried really hard to train her mind not to think of anything related to Jongin. All of that was in vain now and the image of a stunningly handsome Jongin came back to her mind , making it hard for her to breathe.

“Oh, . I’m sorry for hurting you.” The guy said hurriedly , clearly misunderstanding Misun’s reaction. He gently took her hands in his and rubbed her fingers in an attempt bring back circulation in them. Misun could feel his rough calloused palm moving against her fingers. They were so warm. She just stood there letting the person calm her down.

“Thank you for letting me out.” Misun said meekly, after calming herself down.

“No problem.” The guy smiled, relieved that she had stopped crying. “I’m Oh Sehun by the way.” He said extending his arm towards Misun in a friendly manner.

“I’m Choi Misun.” Misun replied and shook hands with Sehun.

“No point going to the market now. It will be closing in another ten minutes.” Sehun said as he checked his tattered old watch.

“. I’m really hungry.” Misun mumbled. “Can you take me somewhere where I can buy food for the night? Me and my brother are starving.”

“That can be easily arranged. I have enough food at my place. Take whatever you want.” Sehun said with an easy smile on his face.

Misun had enough experience with people who take advantage of the others. Even though Sehun looked innocent , he cannot be trusted, especially since he is inviting a total stranger at this time of the night to his house.

“Don’t take me wrong.” Sehun explained hastily as though he had read Misun’s mind. “Just think of it as me saying sorry. I got you into a load of trouble.”  He chuckled.

Damn, he is cute. Misun had to shake her head twice to clear her mind.

“Okay, let’s go.” Misun said.

“Wait, I will get my ride around.” Sehun clapped her shoulder and jogged away.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter