C 018

A Second Chance at Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Misun was physically aware of following Sehun out of the house ; physically aware of his calloused palm rubbing against the back of her hand, but her mind was elsewhere. It was still inside the manor with the beautiful girl named Oh Seo Yeon . It seemed like the way Seo yeon’s eyes had narrowed when they looked at Sehun and Misun’s entwined hands would surely haunt Misun forever.

“Misun? Are you okay?” Misun heard Sehun ask and his voice echoed as though he was standing on the other end of a long tunnel. Misun blinked twice and forced her mind back to reality and realized that both of them were now standing in front of Sehun’s car. She turned towards the house and saw the rest of Sehun’s family standing on the porch steps waving cheerfully at them both. Even Seo Yeon was waving at them, a warm smile lighting up her face with little Haeun holding onto one of her hands as she struggled to stand on her two legs. “Yeah.” Misun said and smiled at Sehun as cheerfully as possible.

Misun got inside the car when Sehun opened the door for her. she watched Sehun walk around the car and get into the driver’s seat. Before putting on the seat belt, Sehun quickly leaned over and kissed Misun’s forehead. “You did well, Misun.” He said kindly before buckling her in. He then put on his seatbelt and revved the car and sped away along the narrow path cut inside the lawn.

“I can already see that my family has fallen head over heels for you!” Sehun exclaimed, grinning widely just as they hit the main road.

“You think?” Misun asked, smiling as she felt Sehun’s happiness seeping through her. Like she has agreed countless times before, his happiness is infectious.

“Oh Yes!!! I bet they will ask you to visit them again soon. Just wait and see.” Sehun said nodding to himself. “My girl is simply irresistible.” He added and extended his arm towards Misun and tucked a strand of her hair back behind her ear. Misun blushed again but held his palm onto her cheeks, taking it’s warmth in as much as she could. But no matter how hard she tried, she simply couldn’t wipe Seo Yeon’s face from her mind. Why was Seo Yeon looking at them that way? She couldn’t possibly be in love with Sehun after everything she had made him go through, could she? Misun almost scoffed at her own ridiculous thoughts. Moreover, this wild theory simply seemed too wild to be possible. It’s been what? Five years since Seo Yeon broke up with Sehun? Misun was sure that both didn’t see each other much after they broke up. Now that Sehun has decided to stay in Damyang, he seldom visits his family and they haven’t come visiting him either. Then how in the world could Seo Yeon could still be cherishing her feelings for Sehun? Seo Yeon has a kid for god’s sake!! Misun consoled herself. She won’t stir up trouble at least for the sake of Haeun. Based on what Misun saw earlier that night, Seo Yeon sincerely cared of her child. And above all, Misun thought savagely, Sehun has no lingering feelings for Seo Yeon. He sees her as a sister-in-law. Nothing more, nothing less. Yes, that ought to be good enough for Misun.

“What kind of person is Seo Yeon?” Misun heard herself asking before she could stop herself.

“Why are you asking about her all of a sudden? You didn’t like her?” Sehun asked curiously, as he stole a glance towards Misun.

“Answer me first.” Misun replied impatiently.

“Seo Yeon is very ambitious. She does everything with a strong motive behind it. She is very hard to read, unlike you.” Sehun said ticking his fingers off one by one when he stated one sentence after the other. “She used to be slightly selfish too.”

“Used to be?” Misun quoted back.

“Yeah, I could see a definite improvement in her personality ever since she took up the role of being the daughter-in-law of our house hold. Or in other words, my mom simply didn’t put up with Seo Yeon’s pig headed way of doing things. So she had no choice but to change her ways.” Sehun said. “She had it coming her way. Oh, yeah, my mom’s the real deal.” Sehun smirked at Misun. “Now answer my question.” Sehun demanded.

“Your question is hard to answer.” Misun said after about a minute.

“I answered yours.” Sehun said quickly before Misun could come up with any more excuses.

“I don’t know why, but I feel like your sister-in-law doesn’t like me much.” Misun said carefully, deciding not to say anything unnecessary and worry Sehun.

“What makes you say that?” Sehun questioned and Misun almost spilled the beans.

“Gut feeling.” She grunted instead.

“I see..” Sehun mused but didn’t press the subject and seemed lost in thoughts. “But you will try your best to put up with her, won’t you?” Sehun said as though there wasn’t a single pause in between their conversation, even though both of them had been silent for quite some time now.

“I will, Sehun. You don’t even have to ask.” Misun smiled. May be, it was all a misunderstanding. Maybe, she is prejudiced against Seo Yeon after hearing about how she ditched Sehun for a business man husband. May be that look didn’t mean anything at all. Misun fervently prayed for it to be true.

Misun actually forgot about her worries just as Sehun engaged her in small talks and Misun let Sehun pull her away from the disturbing thoughts that were slowly eating her insides and hence it came as a surprise that she didn’t sleep at all until they reached Damyang. She always slept during the ride but this time, Sehun was successful in keeping her active enough. Sehun decided to walk Misun to her house before going to his place to sleep. They silently opened the front door to Misun’s place because they didn’t want to wake Kris up who would definitely have gone to sleep by now. It was almost three in the morning. But what met their sight was simply unexpected.

Sitting on the kitchen counter was none other than Mi Rae and feeding her pasta from a bowl was Kris, who was standing close to her, a goofy smile plastered on each of their faces. Both of them had no idea that they had audience or they simply didn’t care, because the next moment, Mi Rae pulled Kris in for a kiss. Sehun quickly covered Misun’s eyes with his hands and coughed loudly. Even though Misun couldn’t see anything, she actually heard the lovebirds pulling away from each other. There was a clang as the pasta bowl slipped from Kris hands to the counter. Misun pried Sehun’s hands away from her eyes to see a furiously blushing Kris and Mi Rae, seeking cover behind Kris’s broad back.

“It’s three in the morning.” Sehun stated looking from one guilty face to the other.

“We didn’t expect you this early.” Mi Rae mumbled from behind Kris’s back.

“Since when did you guys start…um…. doing this?” Misun asked, waving her hands vaguely towards them, clearly referring to the scene she had witnessed a couple of minutes ago.

Kris rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. “She accepted my feelings yesterday and I invited her for dinner here and she decided to stay over.”

“I swear.” Kris added hastily when he caught sight of Misun’s suspicious look.

“If you insist….” Sehun’s voice trailed off. Misun peeked at Sehun and stifled the urge to laugh. He looked like someone who got recently clubbed over the head. The fact that his jaw had dropped to the floor didn’t help at all to make him look better.

“Well, I should get going.” Mi Rae said hastily.

“No, it’s okay.” Sehun said quickly before anyone else could interrupt. “You should get some sleep, seriously. You can either use Misun’s room or you can….you know… share Kris’s room with him.” Sehun scratched his head awkwardly. But Mi Rae looked like she wanted to just disappear.

“Stay.” Misun said firmly before Mi Rae could run away. “ I will get you additional blankets. My room’s a mess so share Kris’s room, won’t you?” Mi Rae nodded and Misun went upstairs to get fresh set of pillows and blankets for their unexpected guest. “No funny business.” Misun added sternly, perfectly imitating her brother and handed over the blankets.

“You.” She then said to Sehun. “Follow me.” She frog marched Sehun out of the house, shutting the door behind her and made her way to Sehun’s house.

“Dang! I didn’t take additional clothes to change into.” Misun cursed. “I don’t want to go back and get them.” She whined. Both of them were inside Sehun’s room getting ready to bed.

“No problem. Take my clothes.” Sehun said and opened his walk in closet so that Misun could choose a dress for herself. Misun chose his light blue knit sweater and went to take a shower. She came out wearing the sweater which was simply long for her and ended somewhere above her knee. She crawled into bed just as Sehun went for a shower himself.

Misun almost fell asleep by the time Sehun crawled into bed with her. His citrusy scent was strong enough to wake her up from her slumber and she sleepily turned around to look at Sehun. He looked angelic just as always. He looked excruciatingly handsome in that feather light beige shirt which was at least two sizes large for him, thereby successfully exposing his collarbones, since he had conveniently forgotten to fasten the top two buttons of the shirt.

“You always look good wearing my clothes.” Sehun mumbled as he nibbled Misun’s ear causing her to squirm as it was extremely ticklish. She tried to move away but found herself in an inescapable snare which was Sehun’s arms. He easily pulled her close before leaning in and kissing her forehead.

“Good night, Misun.” Sehun sighed just as Misun burried herself in Sehun’s chest and slung her arms around his neck.

“Good night, Hun.” Misun mumbled and kissed Sehun’s collarbone.

“Kris and Mi Rae though..” Sehun let out a low whistle.

“I know.” Misun mumbled, breathing in Sehun’s amazing scent. “But I am happy for them. To be honest, I expected this to happen sooner or later.”

“I am happy as long as Kris is happy.” Sehun agreed.

From that day on, Mi Rae frequently visited them all. It didn’t take much time for Misun to realize that Kris and Mi Rae were crazily in love with each other. Sometimes when she looked at them, she actually saw Sehun and herself in them. The way Kris looked at Mi Rae reminded her of how Sehun sometimes looked at her. Mi Rae was still slightly insecure but according to Sehun, she would get better soon. Mi Rae’s brother visited them often too and Misun felt slightly happy that their family, which began with only two members in Damyang has now grown in numbers. To see her dining table fully occupied gave Misun great happiness and she wanted to enjoy ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter