I am NOT [reckless]

I am NOT [Stray Kids Hogwarts AU One Shot series]

Hey everyone! 

First off, I'm so sorry for not updating last week! I just wasn't inspired at all for this au...but today I bring you a minchan filler!

The idea is actually from someone on twitter (@/goldenjung9497). Her ao3 is megaotaku98 - you should definitely check out her stories, cause she's an amazing writer! And the reason I'm able to upload this one shot today.

I'm probably going to upload the series bi-weekly for the next two one shots because they're probably going to turn out pretty long, so I hope you won't mind that. 

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy!

 

If you asked Chan about his favorite way to de-stress the answer was very simple: Quidditch.

Whenever exam season and endless studying got the best of him, he just took a break, grabbed his broomstick and headed to the Quidditch field. Sometimes his boyfriend would accompany him, but lately he'd been practicing on his own a lot.

On top of that, his team also had some of Gryffindor's most-talented players, so that definitely lifted his spirits a lot.

Today, Chan was practicing alone, before dinner. Gryffindor had a friendly game against Hufflepuff the next day and then there was the endgame against Slytherin. Chan wanted to be in his very best form for it.

This was his last year at Hogwarts, so winning the season would be an amazing way to go.

~

"How was practice?" Minho questioned when Chan walked into the Great Hall with a confident smirk on his face.

His boyfriend was sitting with Jinwoo and Mina. The couple was sharing some chicken and Chan noticed that Mina was dipping hers into a bowl of chocolate pudding. Mina made a face but chose not to comment on it. He didn't want to mess with a pregnant woman.

"It went great. It feels like we basically already won the game against Hufflepuff," Chan replied, letting himself fall onto the seat next to Minho's.

Minho raised his eyebrow at his boyfriend's words. "Well, somebody sounds confident. What makes you so sure?"

"Apart from the fact that my team is amazing, you mean?" Chan said, only half-joking. "My techniques have improved a lot. I'm doing really good these days."

Minho chuckled. "Well, I'm glad you have a good feeling about this game, but be careful, please. Only because you're good, doesn't mean you should get reckless," he warned the older, who just waved off.

"I'm always careful!"

~

"Is that what he calls careful?!" Minho exclaimed the next day while – quite painfully – clutching onto Hyunjin's arm. His eyes were glued on his boyfriend who had just thrown the Quaffle through Hufflepuff's middle goal post while only barely managing to escape a bludger.

"If he keeps this up, he'll break his neck before he can play against us next week!" Hyunjin stated.

"I'll murder him before that happens! I told him to be ing careful!" Minho exclaimed.

Chan was in possession of the Quaffle again and was making his way towards the goal posts again. A bludger came flying towards him again, but he either didn't see or didn't care.

Minho – and the rest of the crowd – let out a collective gasp when Chan threw the Quaffle through the left goal post and turned away with a triumphant grin only to be thrown off his broomstick by the bludger he had ignored before.

It hit him right in the head, knocking him out.

Halfway down, Chan's falling body slowed down, so Minho figured that somebody must have used magic. He didn't wait any longer and fought his way through the crowd of Slytherin spectators. He had to get to Chan to make sure that he was alright, even though he sure didn't look like he was.

The incident was replaying in Minho's mind like one of those movies Chan liked to watch so much, as he practically sprinted towards the hospital wing.

How could he have been so careless?

Was winning a friendly Quidditch game really more important than looking out for himself?

Minho was shocked and angry and just incredibly worried. That bludger had hit him pretty hard, so what if Madame Pomfrey couldn't even help him?

He reached the hospital wing a few seconds after Chan as it seemed. Madame Pomfrey was already inspecting his injuries with a serious frown on her face. The people who had brought him in stood a little further off, watching her with worried expressions.

Minho joined them, trying not to fear for the worst.

~

After about two hours, Minho was the last one left in the hospital wing. Madame Pomfrey had told him that there wasn't that much she could do right now and that they would have to wait for him to wake up.

"He will, though, right?" Minho questioned.

Madame Pomfrey looked at Chan's pale figure in the slim hospital bed. "He should wake up sometime tomorrow. You shouldn't worry too much and go to your common room. Visiting hours are long over," she told him.

"I'm not just a visitor, I'm his boyfriend! And I'm staying until he wakes up," Minho argued.

Normally, he wouldn't put up a fight with the school nurse, but he was too worried about Chan to care right now.

Madame Pomfrey sighed. "Listen, kid–"

"I won't move an inch from his side, so you're going to have to hex me out of here if you want me gone!" Minho interrupted her stubbornly.

Madame Pomfrey rolled her eyes. "Don't believe for a second that I wouldn't hex you if I could, but I want to keep my job." Another sigh. "Fine, you can stay. But you better stay quiet and don't touch anything!"

Minho waved her off before taking a seat next to Chan's bed.

He took the older's hand in his own, regarding him with a worried look.

What if Chan didn't remember him when he woke up? Or worse, what if he wouldn't even wake up at all?

Madame Pomfrey was good at what she was doing but even her powers had limits. One thing was for sure, he wouldn't return to his dorm room, he wouldn't eat, he wouldn't sleep until Chan opened his eyes...

~

Chan woke up, feeling like he'd been hit in the head with a billion bludgers. He squeezed his eyes shut again after being met with what had to be the biggest headache in the history of headaches. His hand flew to his forehead and he sat up with a groan.

"Oh, ..."

In the corner of his eye, he caught someone stirring awake. He couldn't hold back a tiny smile when he saw none other than his boyfriend stretching his arms over his head like a kitten. Minho looked up at him, his hair looking messy from sleeping in such an uncomfortable position. The younger's eyes instantly became watery when he realized that Chan was awake and lunged forward to hug him.

"Chan, you ing idiot, I thought you were gonna die," he scolded Chan between sobs. The older wrapped his arms around him, trying to calm him down a bit. "I was so ing worried," he added before letting go of Chan just to hit his arm, albeit lightly.

"I'm sorry," Chan mumbled, scratching the back of his bandaged head sheepishly. "I was too reckless. I should have listened to you..."

"Damn right, you should have..." Minho agreed with a sniffle. Chan cupped his boyfriend's cheeks to give him a soft peck on the lips.

"Forgive me?" he asked cutely, their faces still close together.

Minho pouted. "No. You're gonna have to do a little better than that," he muttered.

Chan grinned, but reconnected their lips nonetheless, longer this time.

"Fine... I forgive you... as long as you promise to never be this reckless again..." Minho finally said. Chan nodded, but Minho took both his hands in his and gave him a pointed look. "I'm serious, Channie. I was so scared when you fell off that broomstick, especially since I couldn't help you. This could have gone seriously wrong..."

"I know... I'm really sorry for being such a headass. I didn't mean to scare you. And I promise I'll be more careful," Chan apologized to the younger. That seemed to be enough for him since his face lit up a little bit and he leaned back in his seat with a satisfied expression.

"That's all I wanted to hear," he told the older, still holding on to his hands.

Madame Pomfrey came over to Chan's bed. "So, you're awake. How are you feeling?" Chan shrugged.

"Like I've been hit by a train," he answered.

"Well, you're lucky. This could have been a lot worse," Madame Pomfrey explained while checking his injuries. "I'm going to keep you here for another night just to make sure."

"Will he be able to participate in the endgame next week?" Minho questioned.

Madame Pomfrey sighed. "He should be good. But no more stunts like this one! I can't have another worried boyfriend hanging around here! I liked you two better when you didn't like each other..."

She walked away, leaving the two chuckling seventh years alone. "I think next time she'll really hex me..." Minho mumbled under his breath.

Chan just laughed before scooting over in his bed and patting the space next to him. Minho gave him a questioning look, but complied to the silent request nonetheless.

"You look like you could use a nap," Chan explained. Minho made a noise of agreement and cuddled up to his boyfriend, who threw the blanket over him and pressed a kiss to the crown of his head. "I love you..." he muttered.

"I love you, too... but I'm still going to kick your in that endgame," Minho answered already sounding sleepy, as he slowly drifted off into a way more comfortable slumber.