I am NOT [cute]

I am NOT [Stray Kids Hogwarts AU One Shot series]

The time has finally come! I am back with an almost 23k Seungjin (aka the longest one shot I have ever written...this is longer than some of my fics!) This one shot is one of my favs so far (then again, they're my babies so they're all my favs...) I never wanted it to be this long, but I hope it's okay for you guys...

My sister Jenny actually took part in some of the writing for this one as well as helping me out with the idea because she loves this one shot the most!

There's something I wanna clear up tho. There's going to be a little bit of suggestive humor (like in some of the previous one shots too) nothing too significant, but since they're minors I felt the need to point it out, in case it makes anyone uncomfortable. And there are gonna be some spicy scenes (no , tho, of course!!! Simply a little bit of shirtlessness). It's mostly gonna be fluff, tho, so yea...

Also, Hyunjin is labeled as a hoe but he doesn't actually sleep around, since he's a minor and all. He's just dating lots of people! Don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, so I put this little warning.

Anyway, I'm done, thank you in advance for reading this and I hope you'll like it!

 

One might think that a Quidditch announcer would notice a drop dead gorgeous Slytherin star Chaser slash classmate earlier.

Well, Kim Seungmin wasn't really all that interested in the sport or the players. He wasn't even a real Quidditch announcer. He just filled in for an upperclassman from time to time.

He'd transferred to Hogwarts halfway through his fourth year and most of the time he just focused on his studies to keep up. Now, he was kind of ahead but studying calmed him. That was why he kept doing it.

And that was probably why he'd never really paid attention to Hwang Hyunjin.

All he had heard about the guy was a bunch of unflattering rumors. Seungmin wasn't interested in rumors, so he never really bothered to find out who Hyunjin even was.

Big mistake.

~

"I don't get this..." Jeongin, Hufflepuff fourth year and one of Seungmin's closest friends, declared one snowy December morning when they sat in near the entrance of the Hogwarts library. He slammed the borrowed Transfigurations book shut and crossed his arms, pouting cutely at his lack of understanding for the subject.

Seungmin smiled and patiently opened the book again. "It's pretty easy, actually. See, you wave your wand like this," he made a swift motion with his wand, "and you have to be careful to pronounce it correctly and then you're good..."

Jeongin was still pouting and averted his gaze from the book. His face brightened up when he spotted someone entering the library.

"Hyunjin!" he called out.

Seungmin followed the younger's gaze – and his heart skipped several beats.

A Slytherin approached their table, looking at Jeongin fondly. He was tall and had luscious black hair. His full lips were stretched into a smile. In short: this guy was nothing short of a god in human form. Maybe he had Veela ancestors.

"Hey," Hyunjin greeted Jeongin. "Studying for Transfiguration again?" he questioned, though he seemed to already know the answer. Jeongin's pout returned and he nodded.

"Seungmin here is helping me but I still don't get it," he said.

Hyunjin looked at Seungmin and recognition flashed over his face. "Oh, hey, we have Defense Against the Dark Arts together, right?" he addressed him.

Seungmin knew that he had Defense with the Slytherins, but he couldn't name them if he tried. "I-I suppose..." he stuttered, trying to ignore the fact that this guy was probably the most handsome person he'd ever met.

Needless to say, he was failing. Hyunjin chuckled. "Well, I have to go. I came here to meet someone. Good luck with Transfigurations, little one," he said, ruffling Jeongin's hair encouragingly. He gave the two younger boys a short wave before heading down an aisle of books.

Seungmin stared at the spot where Hyunjin had disappeared out of sight for a few seconds longer than necessary. "He seems... nice," he stated. Jeongin giggled.

"He is. People often misunderstand him because he dates lots of people and is in Slytherin. But he's a good guy," the young Hufflepuff assured him.

"How do you know him?" he questioned. He knew most of Jeongin's friends, but he wouldn't have expected the boy to be friends with one of the most infamous (and most handsome) Slytherins.

"He protected me from some mean sixth years when I was in second grade... he's helped me many times," Jeongin told him. "I'm actually surprised that you don't know him. He's in your year after all," the boy said.

Seungmin shrugged. "I know of him... people don't really have many nice things to say about him. I never bothered to figure out who exactly he was. I don't care about gossip but about my studies," he explained calmly, flipping through the pages of Jeongin's Transfiguration book.

"You should get to know him. I saw the way you looked at him," the younger said in a slightly teasing tone.

Seungmin gasped and shot his friend an exasperated look. "I didn't look at him in any particular way!" he insisted. Jeongin just grinned knowingly, deciding not to argue, despite being right. Seungmin cleared his throat. "Now, back to the spell!"

Jeongin's pout returned...

~

Seungmin's next encounter with Hyunjin was actually because of Jeongin again.

But this time the situation was a little more serious. The Ravenclaw was just rounding a corner, on the way to the Greenhouse for his Herbology class when he saw a tall, muscular guy, who looked like he was in his sixth or seventh year, backing Jeongin up against a wall.

He was about to interfere when Hyunjin suddenly appeared out of nowhere and grabbed the guy's robes, making him face him. He had a dead serious expression on his face, but the guy didn't seem too scared as he was about to take a swing. Seungmin reacted impulsively, something he usually never did, and lunged forward to jump on the tall guy's back effectively distracting him.

"Get off me, you scrawny weasel!" the guy yelled. He flailed around with his arms, almost hitting Hyunjin in the face while Jeongin was still cowering against the wall. Hyunjin was about to punch the bully when an authoritative voice boomed through the corridor.

"Hey! Stop this ridiculous behavior!" Professor Sprout looked at them angrily. Seungmin got off the tall guy's back, shocked, both at his courage to mess with someone twice his size and at getting caught by a teacher. "Detention for all of you! I want to see you in the entrance hall tomorrow after class!" she said sternly before taking off to the Greenhouses. The tall guy glared daggers at Hyunjin and stormed off without further words.

The Slytherin put an arm around Jeongin's shoulders. "Are you okay?" he questioned.

Jeongin's face broke into a smile. "I've never been better! Did you hear that? We got detention! I've never gotten detention before!" he exclaimed in a bubbly, excited tone of voice. Hyunjin chuckled, relieved that Jeongin was fine.

Seungmin, on the other hand, was on the verge of freaking out. "D-detention?" he whispered to himself.

"Hey, you good?" Hyunjin questioned. Seungmin looked at him with widened eyes.

"I've never once gotten detention in my life! It's gonna be a permanent stain on my record!" he said, absolutely horrified.

Hyunjin actually had the nerve to laugh at that. "Calm down, cutie. You didn't commit a felony. Detention isn't actually as bad as it sounds. We probably have to scrub the trophies in the trophy room or clean some bathrooms," the Slytherin said amusedly. Seungmin blushed.

Hyunjin had just called him cutie...

"I... I should go to class," he announced, nearly tripping over himself in an attempt to flee from the scene. He was a little less scared of the whole detention thing, but he had another problem that went by the name of Hwang Hyunjin.

Why did the guy have to be so annoyingly handsome and charming? The way he kept stepping up for Jeongin made him even more admirable. Seungmin should stop thinking about his dazzling smile and his broad figure! The guy was a walking, breathing distraction.

Professor Sprout glared at him when he entered the Greenhouse. He was still on time, but she was probably still thinking about the incident she had just witnessed. Seungmin was a model student and very popular among the teachers so he could only imagine her disappointment in him. He only regretted it a little bit, though, because he was able to protect Jeongin (and maybe even Hyunjin) from getting punched in the face by a human gorilla.

Maybe that was something worth getting detention over.

~

"You'll be helping Mr Filch today," Professor Sprout said to Seungmin and Hyunjin the next day when they showed up in the entrance hall. The tall guy was nowhere to be seen and neither was Jeongin. "As you may know, Hagrid is out of the country to visit a dragon convention in Romania. While he's away, Mr Filch has been pressured–... I mean... he was asked to keep an eye on Hagrid's dog Fang. However, his cat seems to have scared the dog and he ran into the Forbidden Forest. Your task is to bring him back safely," the teacher explained.

Seungmin thought he was going to faint. The Forbidden Forest? He'd mentally prepared himself for cleaning tasks but chasing a runaway dog through a creepy forest?! Hyunjin didn't seem too happy about the turn of events, either.

"Where is Jeongin?" he questioned.

"I spoke to the head boy, Park Jinwoo, and he asked me if Mr Yang's detention could be helping him with some organizational paperwork. As for Mr Choi, he was taken to the hospital wing after claiming to feel sick. It's just going to be you two today. Is that a problem, Mr Hwang?" Professor Sprout asked, silently daring Hyunjin to counter.

He didn't.

They made their way down to the Forbidden Forest, but Professor Sprout left them to go inside alone. Seungmin was not pleased, to say the least. Even in broad daylight, the forest was incredibly dark. Seungmin took a deep breath before following Hyunjin who seemed a little more relaxed than him.

"H-how are we supposed to find the dog in this big forest?" Seungmin asked, after lighting up his wand to light the way.

"I have no idea..." Hyunjin said. They walked around aimlessly for a while, slowly but surely losing their sense of time. Neither of them said a word, mainly focused on finding the dog so that they could return to the castle before they ran into a bloodthirsty creature.

"By the way..." Hyunjin spoke up eventually. "I never thanked you for helping me with that guy yesterday."

Seungmin blushed when the Slytherin smiled at him. He just hoped that he couldn't see the color of his face in the dark forest. "I don't think I was that much help... in the end we both just got in trouble..." he said. Hyunjin chuckled.

"I don't know about you, but this is just my kind of afternoon," he joked. Seungmin laughed.

Suddenly, the air turned cold. Seungmin and Hyunjin stopped walking. "Is it just me or is it really cold..." Hyunjin whispered. Seungmin was about to reply that he had a theory of what might have caused the change in temperature, when he saw a big, dark creature float towards them. Hyunjin gasped.

A Dementor. Seungmin's theory had been correct.

Seungmin tried to stay calm and rational. He had to fend that thing off. Usually the guards of Azkaban didn't stroll through the Forbidden Forest. No Dementor had stepped on Hogwarts grounds in about 20 years. Who knew what that thing was going to do to them if Seungmin didn't do something right now.

He tried to think about his happiest memories. The day he'd received the letter to go to his former wizarding school, his opportunity to escape the dull muggle world he grew up in to be who he was.

"Expecto Patronum!"

The figure of a racoon emerged from Seungmin's wand, immediately charging towards the Dementor. Seungmin had only managed to make a Patronus once before and that had just been practice. Back then, it had resembled shapeless, white smoke.

Now, his Patronus was fighting off a real life-sized Dementor!

Seungmin's strength left his body and his Patronus dissolved but, luckily the Dementor seemed to be gone. Hyunjin appeared next to him and steadied him, probably concerned that the Ravenclaw might faint. He sat Seungmin down on a nearby tree root and started rummaging through his pockets. Eventually, he found a wrapped chocolate bar and offered it to Seungmin.

"Are you okay?" he asked when the younger took the chocolate bar with shaky hands. Seungmin nodded.

"I'm fine..." he mumbled.

Hyunjin crouched down in front of him. "I guess, I have to thank you again... I don't think I could have summoned a whole Patronus," he told Seungmin who blushed and looked away.

"It was nothing..."

"It wasn't nothing... you're powerful," Hyunjin assured him. Seungmin munched on the chocolate, too shy to answer. He felt the energy returning to his body. He was glad that he'd taught himself how to summon a Patronus out of sheer curiosity when he was bored and way too ahead in all his classes. The thought of what could have happened otherwise made a cold shudder run down his spine.

The sound of branches cracking had the two fifth years on high alert again. Despite still feeling a little weak, Seungmin jumped to his feet, wand ready. He just hoped that it wasn't another Dementor. They heard a whimper. Hyunjin was the first to lower his wand and move towards the noise.

"It's alright. I found the dog!" he exclaimed, coming back into view holding the black boarhound by its collar. Seungmin let out the breath he hadn't realized he was holding.

"Good... let's head back to the castle then..." he said, relieved that they didn't have to stay in this forest very much longer.

Luckily, the two of them made it out of the forest without encountering any other dangerous creatures. The dog kept whimpering, probably scared out of his mind as well. Seungmin and Hyunjin didn't speak, too focused on finding the right way.

When they finally came out of the woods, the sun was gone. They must have been in the forest for longer than they'd realized. Hyunjin led the dog over to Hagrid's cabin where the janitor, Mr Filch waited for them with his cat sitting on his shoulder. He smirked when he saw the two fifth years approaching.

"Still alive, I see," he stated. "Poor dog got scared by Mrs Norris..." he added, not actually sounding all that sorry for Fang. Seungmin wondered why the janitor had even offered to watch Fang when it was well-known that he didn't even like Hagrid or dogs.

It was no wonder that the boarhound ran away first chance he got.

"You know, in my days we still had real punishments!" Filch suddenly exclaimed. Hyunjin rolled his eyes and grabbed Seungmin by the sleeve, dragging him away from the ranting janitor.

"He always does that... talking about how students were literally tortured back in the day and how much he enjoyed it. I've listened to that bull for years..." he explained to a perplexed Seungmin.

The Slytherin eventually let go of Seungmin's sleeve and they quietly walked back to the castle. Once they'd reached the entrance hall, Hyunjin faced Seungmin.

"Well, thanks again for saving my life earlier," he said. Seungmin blushed again, which caused Hyunjin to chuckle. "You're cute."

He shot Seungmin one of those smiles that admittedly made the Ravenclaw a little weak in the knees before taking off.

"See you tomorrow," he shouted over his shoulder as he walked down the stairs to the dungeons. Seungmin clutched his heart, trying to process the fact that Hyunjin had just called him cute for the second time in the past two days...

~

Over the course of the next few days Seungmin suffered several minor heart attacks. Hyunjin would always wave at him and say hi when they saw each other in the hallways. Seungmin could take that (barely) but the Slytherin always smiled at him like he was the actual sun and that, Seungmin could not take at all!

He just hoped that having a crush on one of the most popular Slytherins wasn't going to affect his studies. He usually didn't get distracted but Hyunjin made it pretty hard to stay focused. Right now, Seungmin didn't even pay attention in his Transfiguration class. Luckily, they were only doing stuff he already knew but it was unusual for him to daydream.

Seungmin thought about the way Hyunjin's eyes curved into half-moons when he smiled, about the way he just seemed to draw everyone in like he put them under a spell. He blushed when he thought about the Slytherin's luscious lips. He'd never kissed anyone before but that didn't stop his brain from putting images in his head.

"Dude, are you alright?" Seungmin's friend Jisung questioned when he covered his face with his hands and let out a small squeal. He looked at the other Ravenclaw, face still slightly red.

"Just fine..." he squeaked.

Jisung tilted his head and gave him a confused look. "Okay, then," he mumbled.

Class ended shortly after and Seungmin was one of the last students to leave the classroom, planning to head to the library to do some studying.

"Hey cutie!" Seungmin stopped in his tracks and turned around at the sound of Hyunjin's voice. The smile that had formed on his face dropped when he saw the Slytherin hug one of his Ravenclaw classmates, Renjun.

"Hey babe!" Renjun answered with a smirk.

Babe?

Seungmin didn't hear much more of their conversation since he decided to finally go to the library. He hadn't realized that Hyunjin had a boyfriend. Renjun was one of Seungmin's roommates and he'd never mentioned Hyunjin before. Or maybe he had and Seungmin just hadn't paid attention. Either way, it kind of hurt. Was Hyunjin only nice to him because he was a flirt in general?

The Ravenclaw reached the library and began getting out his books. He tried to forget the overly happy expression on Hyunjin's face when he hugged Renjun, but it didn't quite seem to work. Why did he have to develop a crush on Hyunjin who was beyond popular among guys?

~

Hyunjin pulled out of his hug with Renjun and looked around. He could have sworn that he saw Seungmin standing a few meters away just a second ago. Now, he was nowhere to be seen. He looked at Renjun again.

"So, about that guy you told me the other day..." his friend started with a grin. Hyunjin cast his eyes down at the floor, uncharacteristically shy.

"You said he was in my house, right?" Renjun sounded teasing. It was probably because Hyunjin had never really shown much interest in a particular person before, except that one time, but that was a story for another day. "Are you finally going to tell me who it is?" the Ravenclaw asked excitedly.

Hyunjin shook his head and grinned. "I'll keep that a secret," he said secretively.

Renjun pouted. "Fine...I'll let you go to class now. Let's do something later," he suggested, causing Hyunjin to nod. Renjun hugged him goodbye and ran off to catch up with his friends who'd left him behind.

Hyunjin headed inside the Transfigurations classroom and sat down on his seat in the far back. He never really paid much attention in class, though he still managed to get average grades, but today he couldn't focus even if he tried. His thoughts wandered to Seungmin more times than he was willing to admit. He was intrigued by the Ravenclaw, which was kind of new territory for him since he was usually the one people were intrigued by.

Hyunjin couldn't quite believe his own thoughts but he liked Seungmin... genuinely liked him. He wanted to get to know him better. Maybe he should consider asking him out on a real date? But he didn't really know how real dating worked. He'd learnt to play around from Minho, even though the older used to be more ruthless about it; not exactly cruel but once he was done with someone, he'd let them know.

He wasn't like that anymore, though since he'd started dating Gryffindor's Quidditch team captain and resident good boy, Bang Chan. Meanwhile, Hyunjin had had his first and only real boyfriend in his third year. Hyunjin sighed. Minho and Chan looked happy together and, despite Hyunjin saying that he'd rather keep open his options, he found himself a little jealous of their relationship.

Transfigurations class ended and Hyunjin made his way to the library, hoping to find Seungmin there. His face broke into a smile when he saw the Ravenclaw sitting at one of the tables, nose practically buried in his book. He walked over and sat down across from him.

Seungmin looked up and jumped slightly at the sight of Hyunjin sitting there. He shut his book and the Slytherin didn't fail to notice the cute blush on his cheeks. He gave Seungmin his best smile and rested his arms on the table in front of him, leaning in a little closer.

"Hi," he said.

"H-hi..." Seungmin stammered in return. He didn't meet Hyunjin's eyes, too shy to look at him, a thing that Hyunjin found incredibly endearing.

"I knew I'd find you here," he finally spoke up, after a few seconds of just taking in Seungmin's cute blushy face.

"U-um... why were you looking for me?" the other finally asked. Hyunjin grinned at the way Seungmin still wouldn't quite look at him.

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime... like, on a date," he explained. Seungmin's face got even redder and he finally looked at the Slytherin with widened eyes.

"Uh... w-what...? I-I...uh..." he stammered.

Hyunjin's smile widened. "You're just too cute," he muttered fondly. "What do you say?" he questioned.

"No."

Hyunjin barely had any time to process the answer before Seungmin already stormed out of the library.

No?

Had Seungmin just... rejected him? Hyunjin was speechless, to say the least, staring at the spot Seungmin had just disappeared at, open-mouthed. He had been under the impression that Seungmin liked him back. How could he say no?

Dazzled, Hyunjin made his way back to the Slytherin common room where he found Changbin sitting on one of the couches. He let himself fall on the couch sprawling his body across the older Slytherin's lap. Changbin let out a strangled noise at the impact but didn't question it much further, since it was something he was used to from Hyunjin.

"I think I've lost my game..." Hyunjin announced. Changbin looked down at him, furrowing his brows.

"The are you talking about?" he asked. Hyunjin readjusted his position, getting more comfortable.

"I just asked Seungmin out... you know that cute Ravenclaw, I may or may not be crushing on..." Changbin let the name run through his mind before his eyes lit up in recognition.

"He's friends with Felix... wait... did you say crushing?!"

Hyunjin pouted when he thought about Seungmin running out of the library. "Yeah... I just asked him out on a date... and he said no... and then he ran away," he explained. Changbin had the nerve to laugh at him. Hyunjin sat up and hit his friend's shoulder. "This isn't funny! What do I do now?" he asked in a panicked voice.

Changbin glared at him, rubbing his shoulder where the younger had hit him. "I don't know. Either you try again, or you get over him!" he said. Hyunjin sighed.

"Why am I even asking you... you don't know about asking people out..." he mumbled. Changbin let out an exasperated gasp.

"Excuse me!? I'm not the one who got rejected!" Changbin exclaimed. Hyunjin took another swing at the older's arm but this time Changbin dodged.

"Felix practically did all the work! All you had to do was say yes!" the younger said and got up.

"And we've been doing fine for over a month now! Stop ing at me and get your act together! You're Hwang Hyunjin! Go and, I don't know, charm the guy, sweep him off his feet... whatever," Changbin told him.

Hyunjin thought about his friend's words. "You're right..." he mumbled. Changbin looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"I am?" Hyunjin's face lit up.

"Maybe he was just shy! He gets like that sometimes... of course, I haven't lost my game! I'm Hwang Hyunjin!"

"Yeah... I just said that..." Changbin trailed off.

Hyunjin leaned down and gave Changbin a kiss on the cheek. "You're the best! Love you!" he said and jumped away to go to dinner, determined to try his luck again when he next saw Seungmin.

~

Seungmin had tried his best to avoid Hyunjin after running out on him. The Slytherin probably hated him now.

The thing was; he hadn't even intended to say no. His nerves had just gotten the better of him and he'd been sent into gay panic, so he'd just... bailed. Not his finest moment...

It was hard to avoid someone when you had to eat in the same room as them three times a day, but he'd managed to hide just fine. Until today. Youngho, better known as Johnny, a Gryffindor seventh year and Quidditch announcer had gotten himself detention with his friend so Seungmin had to fill in for today's game.

Slytherin versus Ravenclaw.

Seungmin had filled in for Johnny a few times, so he wasn't really new to announcing Quidditch games, but Hyunjin was on the Slytherin team and he was one of the best, which meant there was probably a lot to say about him. Jeongin had decided to come along to the announcer's booth because it was warm inside and Seungmin was kind of thankful for that. Jeongin was good moral support without even having to do anything. He was just too precious.

"Welcome to the third game of the Quidditch season Slytherin versus Ravenclaw. Madam Hooch is going to release the Golden Snitch any second now and the game will begin," Seungmin said into his magically cranked up wand when all the players had gotten on their broomsticks and were up in the air.

Seungmin spotted Jisung, who was the Keeper of the Ravenclaw team. His eyes landed on Hyunjin next, though and Seungmin blushed furiously at the memory of their last encounter.

Luckily, the Snitch was released, and the game began.

"Ravenclaw is currently in the possession of the Quaffle as Chaser Rosé Park makes her way towards the goal posts. She throws the Quaffle, but Keeper and team captain Daniel Kang catches it and passes it to..." Seungmin trailed off. "H-Hwang Hyunjin... um, Keeper, uh, I mean Chaser of the Slytherin team..." he stammered.

Jeongin gave him a side look, raising his eyebrow at Seungmin's weird behavior. Seungmin ignored him. "Hwang is now on his way to the opposite side of the field, throwing the Quaffle and..." Seungmin watched the red, volleyball-sized ball fly through the middle post after Hyunjin had tricked Jisung into flying to the right.

"10 points for Slytherin... scored by Hwang Hyunjin..." Seungmin said, trying to ignore how good Hyunjin looked in his Slytherin Quidditch uniform. Or how cute he looked with that excited grin on his face. He felt a nudge on his side and turned to see Jeongin give him a look. Seungmin realized that the game had moved on while he was busy staring at Hyunjin.

"Slytherin just scored another goal," Jeongin muttered under his breath.

"Oh... right... um that's 20 points for Slytherin. The Seekers don't seem to have found any sign of the Golden Snitch yet..." Seungmin said into his wand-mic. He wanted this to be over before he could embarrass himself even more.

Hyunjin seemed to be on a roll after his first goal. He scored 70 more points for the team, much to Seungmin's dismay, not even because that meant that his team was losing but because he had to speak about him all the time. He kept stumbling over his words and trailing off when his eyes fell on Hyunjin and the Slytherin seemed to know what he was doing if the amused smile was any indication.

Finally, three Ravenclaw goals later, Slytherin's Seeker, a fifth year called Chaeyoung seemed to have spotted the Snitch. Ravenclaw's Seeker, Kang Yaebin from a year above Seungmin, caught on and the two of them tried to outfly each other to catch the Snitch.

"It's a really close battle between the Seekers... who's going to end this game in their favor? It looks like Yaebin is pushing through!" Seungmin stopped talking to focus on what was going on. Yaebin reached for the Snitch but missed by an inch. Chaeyoung saw her chance and reached out for it as well.

A silence followed, then Chaeyoung held up her hand, the Golden Snitch sitting tightly between her thumb and her index finger.

"And that's the game. Slytherin caught the Snitch, winning 240-30..." Seungmin said. He could hear the disappointed shouts from Ravenclaws and the booming cheers from the Slytherins. Jeongin patted Seungmin's shoulder.

"Hyunjin said that there will be a party in the Transfigurations classroom when they win," he told his friend. Seungmin looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"And?" he asked. Jeongin shrugged.

"We should go," he said with a knowing grin on his face.

The Ravenclaw's eyes widened. "No! I made an entire fool out of myself today. I can't show my face on Slytherin territory!" he protested, causing his friend to laugh.

"Nobody even noticed! Besides, it's not Slytherin territory, it's the Transfigurations classroom," Jeongin pointed out. Seungmin shook his head as he got up from his seat, ready to leave the announcer's booth. Jeongin was right on his track, though. "Come on~ I'm sure Jisung would want to go too," the Hufflepuff tried his luck again.

"Go with Jisung then..." Seungmin muttered. Jeongin pouted at him.

"Please..." he pleaded, making big puppy eyes at Seungmin. The older sighed. Jeongin was fully aware that nobody could resist his puppy eyes.

The kid was really learning how to make use of his weapons.

"Fine," Seungmin finally gave in. Jeongin jumped up and down in excitement. "But! We're only going to stay for an hour! My team lost, I shouldn't be partying with the opponent," he said, even though that was a damn lie. He really didn't care all that much about Quidditch; the real reason was that he didn't really intend to run into Hyunjin.

"I can live with that excuse," Jeongin said knowingly, before he spotted Jinwoo, a fellow Hufflepuff and friend. "I'll see you at the party!" he added before catching up with Jinwoo. Seungmin sighed.

He really wasn't up for it but he'd kind of promised Jeongin.

~

Seungmin wasn't much of a party person. He preferred being by himself in the quiet or hanging out with a few friends in a comfortable place. A packed classroom with mostly Slytherins was not what he considered a comfortable place, though. His mom-friend side wanted to get Jeongin out of here within the first 20 minutes, but he reminded himself of the promise he'd made.

An hour... he could manage one hour, right? At least, he wasn't alone.

"Hey, party pooper! Drink this!" Jisung said to him and handed him an unbranded bottle. Seungmin eyed it suspiciously.

"What is that?" he questioned.

Jisung grinned widely and shrugged. "No idea, try it!" he said.

Seungmin shook his head and gave the bottle back to Jisung. "I'd rather not..." The other Ravenclaw just laughed and shrugged again before taking a sip of the bottle. He scrunched up his face at the taste. "I'd say that's Firewhiskey," he stated, causing Seungmin's eyes to widen. Jeongin only chuckled at his two friends.

"Don't drink that!" Seungmin exclaimed when Jisung took another swig from the bottle.

"Oh, come on... we lost the game. I deserve some consolation for doing a terrible job today!" the other announced. Seungmin snatched the bottle from him as he was just about to take yet another sip.

"Getting drunk won't help! You'll only get in trouble!" he scolded his friend. "And you're going to set a bad example for Jeongin!" He and Jisung both looked at their Hufflepuff friend who furrowed his eyebrows.

"You're acting like I'm 7 years old..." he complained to Seungmin who just ruffled his hair in return.

"We have five minutes left of the promised hour before we're out of here and you better pray that we won't run into any teachers who'll demand for us to be breathalyzed!" Seungmin now addressed Jisung, who seemed completely unbothered by the possibility.

Jeongin pouted again. "Do we really have to leave already?" he questioned. Seungmin looked at him.

"You can stay if you want but I'm out of here!" he told his Hufflepuff friend. He thought about his words and gave Jisung a side look. "On second thought, you're coming with me! I can't risk you drinking alcohol as well!" he added. Jeongin's pout intensified.

"Fine..." he mumbled. Seungmin turned around, ready to head towards the exit.

That was when he saw Hyunjin.

He was practically surrounded by people, teammates and fellow Slytherin's alike. Hyunjin had scored 90 points for Slytherin today, so Seungmin understood why he seemed like the guest of honor. He watched as Hyunjin got pats on the back and handshakes from all kinds of people. Seungmin also noticed the bright smile on his face and he would be lying if he said that it didn't make his heart flutter at least a little bit.

Hyunjin met his eyes and Seungmin's fluttering heart decided to stop functioning altogether. The Slytherin made his way through the crowd over to him and Seungmin wished he could hide behind Jisung. He mentally prepared himself to say something that didn't make him sound like a complete idiot, but the breath got knocked out of his lungs when Hyunjin stopped right in front of him only slightly lean down and press a quick peck on his cheek.

Seungmin was... shook. There was no word more fitting to describe how he felt. "I guess you were my lucky charm today," the Slytherin said with a grin. Seungmin was just about to try and muster an answer when a few of his teammates jumped on him and dragged him away, laughing.

"So, that just happened," Jisung stated. Jeongin grinned at him. "Come on, lucky charm...you wanted to get out of here," the younger said, grabbing Seungmin's sleeve and dragging him towards the exit.

Jisung and Seungmin parted ways with Jeongin since they had to go in opposite directions. The two Ravenclaws didn't speak much on the way back to their common room. The bronze, eagle-shaped door knocker asked its question as the two of them arrived.

"What has a mouth but can never chew?"

Jisung looked at Seungmin, silently asking him if he knew the answer. "A river," Seungmin replied.

"Correct."

They entered the common room and went straight upstairs to their dorm. Seungmin was beyond tired and Jisung seemed to feel the same way. He was probably still bummed out because of Ravenclaw's loss.

"Hey, uh..." Jisung spoke up as Seungmin was just about to go and wash up before heading to bed. "Be careful with Hyunjin," the other advised. Seungmin furrowed his brows.

"What do you mean?" he questioned. Jisung shrugged and sat down on his bed, looking at his knees.

"It's just that I know him... we're friends now but... I've seen beyond the rumors and not everything is made up," he told his slightly younger friend. He put on a smile again the very next second. "Now, go and wash up!" he said. Seungmin was still confused but did as he was told.

What exactly did Jisung mean? He'd seen beyond the rumors...

~

A few days later, Jisung acted like he'd never even warned Seungmin from Hyunjin. Seungmin still got flustered whenever Hyunjin so much as looked into his general direction. He was beginning to get sick of it, not Hyunjin, of course... rather the fact that his damn face would take on the color of a tomato whenever the Slytherin was near.

"Jinwoo... you need to help me," Seungmin said, letting himself fall onto a chair next to Jeongin at the Hufflepuff table during lunch. It wasn't the first time he'd eaten at another table, since it generally wasn't that big of a deal. Jinwoo, also known as the best head boy Hogwarts had ever seen, looked at him, his mouth full of food.

"What do you need?" he questioned. Seungmin rested his arms on the table and gave Jinwoo a determined look.

"Teach me how to be a man!" Jinwoo almost choked on his food. He coughed, causing the Hufflepuff next to him to pat his back. Jeongin snorted at Seungmin's words but the Ravenclaw paid him no mind.

"I'm not sure what you want me to do..." Jinwoo said, looking beyond confused. Seungmin let out a sigh.

"Okay, so I keep getting super flustered all the time because of... someone..."

"Hwang Hyunjin," Jeongin threw in. Seungmin glared at him. He made no attempt to deny it, though, mainly because it was true.

"And now I want to know what I can do to stop... getting flustered..." Seungmin continued his explanation.

Jinwoo smiled a gummy smile at him. "That's so cute," he pointed out. Seungmin let out a frustrated groan and banged his head on the table.

"That's exactly the point! I don't want to be cute anymore! I want to be a real man! I want him to be flustered for once!"

Jinwoo chuckled, taking another big bite, looking at his plate with a content expression. This boy probably cared about food more than he cared about his girlfriend. Jeongin watched the older Hufflepuff with an amused expression.

"You know how in movies people sometimes try to seduce someone by waiting for them in their room," Jinwoo suddenly said, laughing. "It would be funny if you did that." S<

eungmin's eyes widened. Then he thought about it. Maybe that wasn't the worst idea. What better way to get rid of the cute image than to stop being cute?

Jinwoo seemed to notice the change of expression on Seungmin's face because he began to frantically wave his hands. "Wait, I was joking! You shouldn't do that! You're too young to actually seduce-"

"That's a brilliant idea!"

Jinwoo facepalmed himself.

Seungmin got up from the table.

"Thanks, Jinwoo! I owe you one!" he exclaimed happily before taking off. He ran into Lee Minho just outside the Grand Hall. He grinned at the Slytherin who just furrowed his brows.

"Um... hello?" Minho said, obviously perplexed. Seungmin's grin widened.

"Hi. I'm Seungmin! I'm a friend of Felix', who's a friend of Chan's, who's your boyfriend!" he introduced himself.

Minho chuckled. "I know who you are. We've hung out before," he pointed out. Seungmin laughed.

"Right... um... this might sound crazy, but... uh..." he trailed off. Minho raised an amused eyebrow at the Ravenclaw. "I kind of need the password to the Slytherin common room," Seungmin finally blurted out. That caused Minho to raise his other eyebrow as well.

"And why would I give it to you?" Minho questioned. Seungmin shrugged.

"As you said, we've hung out before! I'm trying to surprise someone... so... it'd be really helpful," he answered, hoping to sound more casual than he felt. Minho smirked.

"Why don't you ask Hyunjin for the password? You two seem to be getting along just fine," he asked knowingly. Seungmin blushed. Dammit. Realization dawned on Minho's face before he chuckled again. "I get it... he's the one you want to surprise..." the older stated, not leaving any room for objection.

Seungmin slumped his shoulders. "Never mind, I'll just ask Changbin..."

"It's Beansprout," Minho told him, as he was just about to walk away in defeat. Seungmin gave him a confused look. "The password. It's Beansprout. Don't ask... and if somebody catches you, this conversation never happened!" the older warned, only half-joking. His boyfriend, Bang Chan came out of the Great Hall.

"Oh, hey, there you are," Minho exclaimed and kissed him on the cheek. Chan grinned at him.

"I might have gotten a little distracted by that Vanilla pudding..." he admitted sheepishly. Seungmin couldn't help but smile at the couple. They were really cute together and he admittedly envied them a little bit.

"Well, I'll go now... thanks, Minho!" Seungmin said and left for the Ravenclaw common room to mentally and physically prepare for what he was about to do.

("What was he thanking you for?" Chan asked. Minho just grinned and put an arm around his boyfriend's shoulders.

"Nothing much. Just something about Hyunjin," he replied. "Let's head to the Quidditch field, shall we?"

"You say that as if we'd actually go there to practice. You just wanna make out in the dressing room..." Chan said accusingly.

Minho smirked. "You know me too well," he answered before dragging his boyfriend along.)

~

"Beansprout."

Seungmin sneaked into the Slytherin common room, praying that everyone was at dinner. If he ran into someone here, it was game over for him. Luck seemed to be on his side, though, because he managed to enter the fifth year boys' dorm without getting caught.

Finding Hyunjin's bed wasn't hard because the Slytherin had put up loads of pictures on his nightstand; silly pictures with Changbin and Minho, photographs of him in his Quidditch uniform. Even one of him and Jisung, which seemed to be from around two years ago, judging by how young they both looked. Jisung had mentioned that they were friends but Seungmin had never really seen them hang out. Then again, he hadn't really paid much attention to his friends' social lives.

Seungmin wasn't quite sure what to do now. He hadn't exactly thought this through. Should he just hope that Hyunjin was the first one to return to the Slytherin dorms? How exactly should he wait for him? Should he just sit down, or should he go all 'paint me like one of your French girls'?

Seungmin blushed at the thought.

He'd just decided on sitting down while leaning against the headboard, when the dormitory door opened. Hyunjin stepped inside, eyes widening in confusion when he found Seungmin sitting there.

"Uh... Minho told me that there was a surprise for me back here," he explained.

The Ravenclaw tried his best to sound flirty when he spoke up: "I've been waiting for you."

Hyunjin stepped closer, obviously still confused. And Seungmin? He blushed because, god damn, did Hyunjin look good in this dim, slightly green-ish lighting. , he really didn't think this through.

"What's next..." he mumbled to himself but the Slytherin seemed to have heard him. He leaned against the bedpost. His confused expression vanished and was replaced by an amused smirk.

"You show up at my dorm, waiting for me in my bed and you seriously don't know what's next?" he asked. Seungmin scrambled out of Hyunjin's bed, face beet red.

"I'm sorry... I don't know what I was thinking..." he mumbled, trying to storm past Hyunjin but the Slytherin trapped him between himself and the wall.

"Don't run away again," he muttered.

Seungmin looked down at his feet. "I just wanted you to stop thinking that I'm cute..." he said. Hyunjin put two fingers under Seungmin's chin and made the Ravenclaw look at him. He seemed surprised by Seungmin's explanation.

"But you are cute. You're the cutest..." he assured him.

"You also think that Renjun is cute," Seungmin said and looked away again.

Hyunjin didn't answer for a while. Eventually he chuckled. "Are you jealous?" he asked. Seungmin shook his head stubbornly, still not looking at Hyunjin. "We're just friends. I've known him since we were three," the Slytherin told Seungmin. "I pretended to be his boyfriend a few times when the guys got too clingy and we've kept the pet names, that's all," he added.

Seungmin suddenly felt like an idiot.

He'd assumed that Hyunjin had something going on with Renjun based on a few silly pet names. The Slytherin leaned a little closer towards Seungmin. "If you're not jealous, why–" He didn't get to finish his sentence.

In a spur of bravery (or idiocy, he would decide on that later), Seungmin had pecked Hyunjin on the corner of his mouth – just barely missing his lips – before ducking under the Slytherin's arms and fleeing the dorms.

He got a few weird looks from the other Slytherins, who had already returned from dinner, but he just focused on getting out of there as soon as possible.

~

In his rush, Seungmin failed to see how flustered he'd left Hyunjin. He really hadn't seen this coming. Hyunjin couldn't help but smile, after getting over his initial shock. "Cute..." he mumbled.

~

"Oh my god, I'm the biggest idiot on the planet!" Seungmin announced the next morning when he, once again, sat down at the Hufflepuff table. Jinwoo looked at him, confused, while munching on a piece of bacon.

"What happened?" he questioned curiously. Seungmin looked around for Jeongin but the young Hufflepuff was nowhere to be seen. "He's at Quidditch practice," Jinwoo informed him, apparently sensing who Seungmin was looking for.

"Good... so, I did what you said and tried to seduce Hyunjin–"

"Wait! I didn't say you should actually do it!" Jinwoo interrupted him with widened eyes. Seungmin buried his face in his hands.

"But I did it anyway... and now I feel like an idiot!"

"Did you at least leave the lingerie in your closet?" Jinwoo asked with a snort. Seungmin blushed and gave the older an exasperated look.

"Not helping!" he exclaimed. Jinwoo cackled.

"I'm sorry... so, why'd you do it in the first place? I mean, what exactly do you want from him?" the Hufflepuff questioned, getting more serious towards the end.

Seungmin was just about to answer when someone must have caught Jinwoo's eye. The Ravenclaw turned around and almost fell off his seat. Hyunjin was approaching the Hufflepuff table, even worse, he was directly heading for Seungmin.

"Save me!" he whispered to Jinwoo who had already focused his attention back on his food.

Hyunjin came to a stop next to Seungmin and looked at him. "Can you see me outside for a second?" he addressed the Ravenclaw, who just nodded and got up. Seungmin followed Hyunjin outside, hoping that he wasn't going to yell at him for yesterday. Once they'd reached the entrance hall, the Slytherin faced him and grinned.

"I've got to say, you're more than you've originally let on, Kim Seungmin..." Seungmin gave Hyunjin a confused look, but before he could say anything he found himself backed up against the wall again just like yesterday. "Go on a date with me," Hyunjin said.

Seungmin stared at him wide-eyed. "U-um... o-okay..." he stammered.

Hyunjin smiled and backed off. "Great. Meet me at the boathouse tomorrow after lunch," he told him.

"B-but it's winter," Seungmin replied, giving the Slytherin a confused look.

Hyunjin just grinned at him before going back to the Great Hall.

Jisung cleared his throat from the entrance. Seungmin jumped. He hadn't seen his friend standing there. "The boathouse, huh..." Jisung said. Seungmin scratched the back of his head sheepishly.

"Is there anything wrong with the boathouse?" he asked.

"It's only the most popular make-out spot in the entire school," Jisung told him as he stepped a little closer.

Make-out spot?

"I don't mean to intimidate you or scare you off. I'm just... looking out for you. He's known for playing around," Jisung said, looking genuinely concerned. Seungmin lowered his head.

"I know...but I like him..." he answered. Jisung sighed and patted his shoulder.

"Just be careful..." he warned him again before taking off, leaving Seungmin confused and also a little anxious.

Was he really going to doubt Hyunjin again? And what did Jisung have to do with Hyunjin? Seungmin sighed and headed to class, trying to get the whole issue out of his mind for today. Maybe he'd ask Hyunjin about his intentions tomorrow. He snorted at himself at the thought. Like he could ever gather enough courage to do that...

~

It was safe to say that Seungmin barely slept a wink that night. He kept running his mind about what Jisung had told him about the boathouse. While he wouldn't mind kissing Hyunjin (his cheeks burned up at the mere thought), he didn't want this to be just a game. It wasn't a game to Seungmin.

"Jisung..." he whisper-yelled over to the bed next to his.

Surprisingly, Jisung turned to his side to face him. "What is it?" the other Ravenclaw asked.

"What's the story between you and Hyunjin? You talk about him like..." he trailed off.

"Like an ex..." Jisung finished his sentence for him. "We dated for a while before you transferred here," he told Seungmin after a few long seconds of silence. Okay, he had not seen that coming.

Jisung and Hyunjin?

"It wasn't long... we played push and pull for a while because I knew what people said about him going out with guys once before dumping them, kind of like Minho, and I didn't want to be another conquest. But he was sweet to me and one date turned into another and eventually we got together. I really liked him, and he liked me, no doubt. It's just that we began to realize that we didn't like each other that way. I feel slightly more attracted to girls than to boys and he's just not suitable for dating. So, we broke up but stayed friends... and that's what we are today," Jisung explained.

Seungmin sat up in his bed and faced Jisung with his entire body. "Then why are you warning me about him? If you're still friends, what's the problem? Do you–... would it not be okay if I started seeing him because you and I are friends?" he asked carefully. Jisung sat up as well.

"No, that's not it. If you two became a thing, I wouldn't mind... it's just that when we broke up, he asked me if I could tell people that he dumped me. To keep up his reputation. He cared more about what people had to say than about what I might have to go through if others thought that he hadn't been serious about me, after all. I was hurt about that for a little while but eventually, we moved past it. I just don't want you to go through the same thing. I'm trying to look out for you... Hyunjin isn't a bad person... but that doesn't mean that he's good all the time," Jisung explained. Seungmin nodded slowly.

"So... are you saying that... I'm better off if I don't go to the boathouse tomorrow?" he questioned. Jisung shrugged and lay back down.

"I think you should go if you want to... but don't fall for his charms too easily. I don't know if he's serious about you. He sure seems like it. I just don't want you to get hurt..." he replied.

Seungmin didn't know what to do with himself for the rest of the night. He already liked Hyunjin way too much to just back out now. And maybe the Slytherin had changed. Maybe Jisung just hadn't been the right guy for him. Jisung had said himself that he kind of preferred girls. Seungmin sighed.

The only way to find out if Hyunjin was serious about him was to let things play out. He might get hurt or he might end up happy. Seungmin wanted to see where things would go with him and Hyunjin.

He would go to the boathouse tomorrow.

~

Seungmin wished that his determination had stayed overnight. When he woke up the next morning, he felt beyond nervous. He could barely focus on his classes because of last night's conversation with Jisung. There were still so many questions in his head. Why didn't Jisung – or anyone else – tell him about their history. Was Hyunjin really, actually interested in him?

It sure seemed like it...

He didn't see Hyunjin until lunch that day and as usual, he couldn't look at him without blushing. Jisung sat with him and, again, seemed completely unbothered by what they had talked about the previous night. Meanwhile, Seungmin was back to worrying.

Eventually, he finished his lunch and made his way outside to head down to the boathouse. Some of his determination had returned halfway through eating his pudding. He was going to trust Hyunjin for now, even though his nervousness remained.

"Seungmin," the Slytherin called out to him when he entered the boathouse. He held up two pairs of ice skates. "Since the lake is frozen and the boats are useless, how do you feel about ice skating?" he questioned with a grin. So, he hadn't called him here just to make out, that was a good thing, at least...

Seungmin took one of the pairs. "I can't say I'm good, though," he replied, mentally thanking himself for not stuttering. Hyunjin chuckled.

"Doesn't matter. I'm not that good, either."

Seungmin raised his eyebrows at him. "Is there really something you're not good at?" He froze, eyes widening. "I just said that out loud, didn't I?" he asked sheepishly.

Hyunjin grinned. "Sure did. But believe it or not, I'm not good at everything I do. And I'm sure Professor Flitwick agrees," he told Seungmin.

Seungmin snickered at that statement causing Hyunjin to smile widely.

"Let's go," he added softly, took the Ravenclaw by the hand and lead him out of the boathouse. After putting on their skates, the two students carefully stepped onto the frozen lake. Seungmin was impressed by how easy ice skating looked when Hyunjin did it. He watched as the Slytherin already skated towards the middle of the lake and smoothly turned around to look at his date. Was there really anything this boy couldn't do?

He was so god-like...

"Aren't you coming?" Hyunjin called waving at the Ravenclaw happily, starting to make his way back to him. "It's so fun, you should try it!"

Seungmin hadn't realized how he just stood there motionlessly.

"S-sure, I'm coming," he announced and tried to smoothly start skating like Hyunjin did. He managed to move forward a little, struggled and eventually slipped causing him to fall. Or so he thought.

Before he could actually hit the ground, he found himself safe and sound in the Slytherin's arms.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry, I shouldn't have skated ahead without you," Hyunjin said quickly examining the flushed Ravenclaw with a worried expression.

"I-I'm fine, t-thank you," he managed to say before getting back on his own feet.

"Let's go together!" Hyunjin smiled and took Seungmin's hand again. He led him back towards the middle of the frozen lake as the younger held on to his arm. "See? I told you it's fun!" he continued causing the Seungmin to shyly smile as he was now really enjoying himself.

"Y-yeah, it is," he said still holding on to the older.

"I'm glad..." Hyunjin said now looking right into his date's eyes. His smile was suddenly replaced by a longing expression. Seungmin couldn't help but blush even more at how awfully close they had gotten to each other. The older suddenly moved his hands to the Ravenclaw's waist, gently pulling him even closer to his body. Seungmin's heart was beating incredibly fast as he gave in to Hyunjin's intense stare.

He could see their hot breath in the cold winter and couldn't help but look at the Slytherin's full lips as their faces were only inches away from each other by now. Hyunjin smiled softly as he noticed the flustered Ravenclaw's stare and leaned in real close.

Was this it? Was he finally going to experience his first real kiss? With his godly crush on top of that? He decided to just tightly close his eyes and let it happen...

"Oh my god, Hwang Hyunjin!!!"

The two boys jumped apart at the shrill voice of a Gryffindor girl, skating towards them with two of her giggly friends.

"Uh...hi," Hyunjin said awkwardly. The girl, a brunette fourth year with braided pigtails practically latched herself onto Hyunjin, batting her eyelashes at him.

"We saw you skate from over there. You're really good," she complimented him. The Slytherin gave her a small smile.

"Thanks," he answered, shooting a little side-glance at Seungmin who just stood there awkwardly. His face was still red because of the almost-kiss that had just happened and now that those girls were here he didn't quite know what to do with himself.

The girl's companions gave Seungmin a look. "Who's your fiend?" one of them questioned.

"Uh-" Seungmin didn't let Hyunjin come up with an answer but chose to speak up himself.

"I have to run... I just remembered that I have a paper due. He's all yours..." the Ravenclaw announced and skated away. Or, at least, tried to. He was still unstable and threatened to fall over more times than he could count.

Eventually, he managed to get off the ice, though. When he turned around, he saw Hyunjin still swarmed by the Gryffindor girls. He took off his skates and slipped back into the shoes he had left at the shore, before taking the long set of stairs from the boathouse back up to the castle.

Seungmin ate a quick early dinner when he got back before making his way to the Ravenclaw common room. He found Jisung sitting on the carpeted floor in front of the fireplace with a book on his lap, reading glasses sitting on his nose. The other Ravenclaw looked at him when he sat down next to him and heaved a sigh.

"How'd the date go?" Jisung questioned, closing his book and putting it on the floor next to him. Seungmin shrugged.

"It was alright..." he muttered, bringing his knees to his chest. He didn't have to look at his friend to know that he was raising his eyebrow.

"Just alright?" Jisung probed into it.

"We got interrupted by a few fangirls... I left pretty quickly..."

Jisung laughed. "Fangirls? That's new. One might think that the girls around here know that Hyunjin isn't into them..." Seungmin lowered his head a little.

"I just left him there... he probably thinks I'm mad at him," he said in a worried tone of voice.

"Are you?" Jisung asked him.

"No..." Seungmin answered. "I think I was just a little, I don't know... awkward? Overwhelmed? Like, he's so popular that he even has girls chasing after him." Jisung hummed, not quite seeming to know what to say to his friend to cheer him up. Seungmin got back to his feet, brushing some imaginary dust off his robes.

"Whatever... I'll just go to bed," the younger Ravenclaw announced. It wasn't that late yet, but he probably wouldn't sleep much anyway, mainly because he was still a little shaken up by how close he had been to kissing Hyunjin today. Jisung nodded and got up from the floor as well.

"I think I'll head to the Great Hall for dinner. You have eaten, right?" Seungmin replied to his friend's question with a nod and they parted ways.

~

Hyunjin waited in front of the Great Hall the next morning. He was determined to apologize to the cute Ravenclaw, hoping that he wasn't too mad at him. His face brightened up when he saw Seungmin come down the stairs and head in his direction. He met him halfway and looked at him apologetically.

"I'm really sorry about how things played out yesterday," he cut straight to the point. "I should have told them right away that I was on a date and-"

"It's okay..." Seungmin cut him off in a quiet tone of voice. He lowered his head, looking at his feet. "I shouldn't have run off like I did. I'm the one who should apologize," the Ravenclaw said.

Hyunjin reached for both his hands, making Seungmin look up at him. "Then how about you make it up to me by eating breakfast with me?" he offered smoothly, a wide grin spreading on his face. Seungmin blushed, probably because of the physical contact but nodded his head. "Great," Hyunjin exclaimed, already dragging him along to the Slytherin table excitedly.

Changbin raised his eyebrows at the two fifth years when he saw them approach. He chose not to say anything, though. Seungmin let go of Hyunjin's hand when he saw the older Slytherin look at them. Hyunjin pouted but didn't make another attempt to reach for his hand. They sat down next to each other and started filling their plates.

Seungmin flinched when their hands brushed together as they both reached for the pumpkin juice at the same time. Hyunjin chuckled, looking at a flustered Seungmin.

"Why are you always so shy around me?" he asked him. Seungmin's face flushed a deep shade of red at the question.

He stared at his plate as he mumbled a barely coherent answer: "You're just too handsome..."

Hyunjin hadn't seen that kind of reply coming at all. He usually wasn't one to get flustered, but everything meant so much more when Seungmin said it. Changbin dropped his fork in an exasperated fashion, leaning in closer to look at Hyunjin's face.

"Am I seeing this right? Is Hwang Hyunjin... blushing?" he exclaimed. A few Slytherins turned their heads in Hyunjin's direction. The younger just glared at Changbin. "My hoe friends are getting softer by the day. First Minho and now you, too," the sixth year continued, completely unbothered by his friend's expression.

Hyunjin heard a giggle coming from next to him. He looked at Seungmin, who still had slightly rosy cheeks from embarrassment; other than that, the Ravenclaw looked happy with himself.

After breakfast (and lots of teasing from Changbin) Hyunjin and Seungmin made their way to the first class of the day. Defense Against the Dark Arts. Hyunjin reached for the younger's hand again. He'd liked the feeling of Seungmin's slightly smaller hand in his. And he may or may not have taken a liking to making Seungmin blush.

"So... since our date was cut short yesterday, what do you think about trying again? Maybe without interruptions," he suggested. Seungmin, who stared at their intertwined hands, looked a little startled when Hyunjin suddenly addressed him.

"U-um... sure, I'd like that," the Ravenclaw answered. "But, if you don't mind, this time I'd like to choose what we're doing," he added.

Hyunjin raised an amused eyebrow. "Enlighten me."

Seungmin actually grinned a little. "I'd rather show you," he murmured.

Hyunjin smiled at the Ravenclaw. "Alright, then. How about tomorrow? I have an unofficial Quidditch practice with Felix and Jisung later," he told him. Seungmin nodded at the suggestion and that's when Hyunjin got an idea. "Hey, why don't you join us later?"

The Ravenclaw's eyes widened. "For Quidditch? Uh... I'd rather not. I'm not really that good when it comes to flying," he assured Hyunjin, who waved off.

"Come on, it's just for fun."

Seungmin seemed to play with the thought. Eventually, he sighed and gave in. "Fine... but don't expect too much from me," he said. Hyunjin grinned and gave the younger's hand a reassuring squeeze.

"I'm sure you'll do just fine."

~

Seungmin walked onto the Quidditch field where Jisung and Felix were already up in the air, chasing each other around the goal posts. Hyunjin didn't seem to be here yet. He got onto his borrowed broomstick and joined his friends. He wasn't exactly the best flyer, but he could handle himself better than he had on the lake.

"Hey, Seungmin!" Jisung called out. Seungmin furrowed his brows at the fellow Ravenclaw.

"Um, do you always fly with your reading glasses on?" he questioned, confused. Jisung's eyes widened and his hand flew to his face, pulling the pair of reading glasses off his nose before looking at Felix.

"You really could have said something!" he exclaimed accusingly.

Felix raised his hands in defeat. "I thought you might need them, considering how bad you were during your last game," the Gryffindor joked. Jisung clutched his chest with one of his hands, mock-offended.

"You'll see how bad I'll be next month when we play against each other!" Seungmin chuckled, following his friends' banter amusedly.

"Is it such a good idea to practice together then? You might reveal your strategies to each other," he pointed out. The two Keepers looked at him.

"He's got a point..." Felix agreed.

Jisung laughed. "Hyunjin's just going to throw some Quaffles at us, I don't know about you, but I don't have a special strategy to block them," he answered.

"Speaking of... Hyunjin should be here soon. Seungmin, my best friend, my pal! Could you be a darling and take my glasses back to the changing room, please?" Jisung addressed his friend.

"Sure, hand them over," Seungmin answered and stretched out his hand, admittedly, a little wobbly on his broomstick. Jisung grinned at him and handed him his glasses.

Seungmin took them before landing and heading to the locker room. The Ravenclaw left his broomstick by the door since he was going to pick it back up in a minute anyway and entered the changing room.

Startled, he almost dropped Jisung's glasses. He had expected to enter an empty and peaceful locker room but instead, he was greeted by a person changing. But not just any person. It was none other than Slytherin's Chaser Hwang Hyunjin.

Shirtless.

Seungmin's cheeks flushed red instantly, as he realized that he had walked in on Hyunjin changing for Quidditch practice. The half- Slytherin turned around in surprise, but his expression turned into a knowing smirk, when he saw the troubled Ravenclaw standing in the doorway.

Seungmin couldn't stop his eyes from quickly scanning the older's exposed upper body before nervously covering his eyes with both hands.

"O-oh my, I am so sorry, I didn't know– I mean, I mean, I accidentally– I-I didn't mean to w-walk in on you!" he stammered. Hyunjin just chuckled at the flustered boy and put down the shirt he had just taken off.

"It's alright, I have nothing to hide," he said in a low tone, gradually moving closer to the younger. The Ravenclaw still had his eyes covered, but he felt Hyunjin's presence move closer to him, so he panicked and tried to quickly flee through the door. The Slytherin, however, blocked him before he could do so, slowly backing him up against the locker room wall.

He gently took both of the younger's wrists and removed them from his eyes, forcing Seungmin to look at him before trapping him between the wall and his body. The younger's heart skipped several beats. He liked being this close to the Slytherin, but it was doing serious things to his health. Hyunjin slowly slid his hands down the wall right next to the Ravenclaw's waist, so he wouldn't be able to duck under his arms and leave him like he had once before.

Seungmin blushed even more, as his heart was beating at full speed and his body was rapidly heating up. "W-what do you want...?" he asked quietly, not daring to open his eyes, since he didn't know where to look, as he wanted to avoid looking at the older's torso or making eye contact with him.

"Look at me, Kim Seungmin," Hyunjin whispered. Seungmin slowly opened his eyes and looked deep into the Slytherin's eyes, causing his heart to beat so loud that he was afraid it was audible. "I want a kiss," the older whispered and slowly leaned in closer.

"H-here?" the younger whispered back innocently. Hyunjin just bit his lip and nodded, without ever breaking the intense eye contact.

Seungmin felt like he was going to melt under the Slytherin's stare. As Hyunjin slowly closed his eyes and moved in even closer, the younger instinctively put his hands on the Slytherin's chest in a weak attempt to push him away, but Hyunjin was stronger.

It was not because Seungmin didn't want to kiss him, but because he was just so flustered. His first kiss might happen right here in this very locker room.

"Please... just once," the older whispered gently, his eyes still closed and leaning in so close that the Ravenclaw could feel his breath against his skin.

The younger stole another sneak-peek at the Slytherin's soft-looking lips and couldn't stop himself from wondering about how they would feel pressed against his.

How did Hyunjin always manage to make him so weak and irresponsible? Why did he have to be so god-like?

The Ravenclaw's thoughts trailed off. Seungmin now closed his eyes; stopped trying to softly push Hyunjin off him and instead s his arms around the older's exposed upper body, pulling him closer in a moment of bravery. The tension in the air was unbelievable, their faces were only inches apart and their lips were about to touch as the locker room door swung open.

"Seungmin, what's taking you so damn lo– oh my Lord," Felix gasped in shock as he entered the boys' changing room and saw Seungmin and Hyunjin standing there, practically engulfed in each other, way too far up in each other's grill. The Gryffindor covered his eyes, even though Seungmin had already jumped away from Hyunjin, back now pressed flat against the wall again.

"Sorry, didn't mean to... interrupt," he said and stormed back outside – not without running into the doorframe, though.

"Wait, this isn't what it looks like!" the Ravenclaw called after him. Hyunjin only chuckled. Seungmin's face felt hot and he didn't dare to look at the other.

"Please put on a shirt, for the love of Merlin..." he muttered shyly.

Hyunjin burst out laughing but did as he was told, pulling his Quidditch uniform over his head. "You're so cute when you're flustered," the Slytherin said fondly.

Seungmin rolled his eyes, although with no actual malice. "There you go with that word again," he pointed out. Hyunjin once again reached for Seungmin's hand. Next thing Seungmin knew was the feeling of soft lips on his cheek, before he was dragged out of the changing room.

"Well, well, well, look who decided to join us," Jisung exclaimed once the two others had joined him and Felix up in the air again. Seungmin didn't look at his friends and Hyunjin seemed unbothered.

"N-now what about that practice..." Seungmin stammered and luckily, his friends seemed to think that they'd already wasted enough time, as they started practicing shortly after.

~

It was yet another sleepless night for Seungmin. The Ravenclaw had trouble getting the image of shirtless Hyunjin out of his head. He covered his burning cheeks with his hands when he thought back to how close he had been to kissing Hyunjin – if only Felix hadn't walked in.

Another thing that kept Seungmin up was the fact that he and Hyunjin were going on a date tomorrow. He'd already thought about where to take the Slytherin but that didn't mean he wasn't nervous. He was always nervous when it came to Hyunjin. He'd caught himself thinking that, if things worked out between them, they could go to the Christmas dance together.

Seungmin forced himself to close his eyes and get some sleep. He couldn't meet up with Hyunjin, looking like a sleep-deprived zombie. The Ravenclaw smiled giddily at the thought of seeing Hyunjin.

~

In the end, he did manage to get a little bit of sleep. It wasn't much, but he still got through his classes okay. Felix sat next to him in Potions and kept making comments about yesterday's locker room incident. Seungmin got over the shyness at some point and was this close to throwing Felix into his own cauldron.

"Felix! Let it die, please! It wasn't like that," he snapped at his friend, trying to keep his voice as low as possible, in case Professor Slughorn was near. Felix grinned.

"Come on, we all go a little wild sometimes. I was wondering when you'd snap," the Gryffindor teased.

Jisung spoke up from Seungmin's other side, before Seungmin could think of a way to hex Felix into the last century: "You seem to know a lot about going wild."

The meaningful look he gave the Gryffindor seemed to shut him up. Seungmin looked from him to Jisung and back, not quite understanding what the other Ravenclaw meant. On second thought, he didn't really want to know anything about Lee Felix' wild adventures, anyway...

He was just glad when Potions was over and the last thing he had to sit through was Herbology. Luckily, time seemed to pass rather quickly and before he knew it, he was off to meet Hyunjin in front of the Herbology classroom.

"So, what did you want to do today?" Hyunjin asked curiously. Seungmin surprised both, himself and the Slytherin, when he took Hyunjin's hand and gently dragged him along.

"I figured we could stay inside today. And to make sure, we're not getting interrupted..." Seungmin trailed off. The two fifth years came to a stop in front of a big wooden door.

Hyunjin gave Seungmin a knowing smile. "The Room of Requirements, smart thinking," he said.

Seungmin opened the door and led Hyunjin inside, face brightening up at how well the room had worked its magic.

"What did you wish for? Where are we?" Hyunjin questioned.

The Ravenclaw looked around with a fond expression. "It's my room at home. Come on," he replied and brought the other over to a small blue couch – he figured he'd wish for that, instead of a bed, since he wouldn't be needing that

"Is that a game console?!" Hyunjin exclaimed excitedly when he spotted a PS4 and a TV standing across from them Seungmin grinned and nodded his head. "I've read about those in Muggle Studies. I thought technology didn't work in Hogwarts," the Slytherin continued, looking at Seungmin. He looked like a child on Christmas morning.

"You just need to know where to go..." the younger pointed out.

"Can we play?" Hyunjin questioned.

"Sure, let me just..." Seungmin trailed off, getting up to start everything.

He felt unusually relaxed around the other. "How come, you took Muggle Studies?" he asked, realized that he barely knew anything about Hyunjin. He sat back down, handing Hyunjin a controller, which he eyed curiously.

"My Dad's a Muggle, but I barely know anything about his world," the Slytherin answered. "He left us when I was three, so I grew up not knowing anything about what they're actually like. I took Muggle Studies as soon as I got the chance..."

"It's kind of opposite for me. Both my parents are Muggles, so I only found out about this world when I got the letter from my former school," Seungmin told him. This was probably the longest verbal exchange he'd ever had with Hyunjin without stuttering or getting flustered.

Maybe it was because he felt like he was in the comfort of his own room.

"Right, where did you go to school before anyway?" Hyunjin questioned.

"I went to a day school in Japan. My family's lived there for a while," the younger replied.

"Does that mean you speak Japanese?" Hyunjin asked him with a smirk.

Seungmin averted his gaze shyly and picked up his own controller. "Kind of... um... should we play now?" he questioned, eager to change subjects before the Slytherin could make him blush even more.

Seungmin quickly explained the game to Hyunjin. He'd picked a simple car racing game. Hyunjin was getting the hang of it pretty fast, but Seungmin clearly had an advantage thanks to his experience.

"Aw, you beat me again," Hyunjin exclaimed with a pout.

Seungmin giggled. "Let's try again, then," he offered bringing the smile back to the older's face instantly. Seungmin would deny it, if anyone ever asked, but he didn't put much effort into the next round. Partly, because he wanted Hyunjin to win and partly, because he was busy sneaking glances at the Slytherin's face from time to time.

As expected, the older did win that round, throwing his hands up in joy and smiling his gorgeous smile.

"Congrats," the Ravenclaw smiled as he watched him happily.

"You were staring," Hyunjin chuckled, smirking at the younger.

"N-no, I wasn't..." Seungmin stuttered, blushing, as usual.

"You are so cute, Kim Seungmin," the Slytherin commented, now looking straight into his eyes. Seungmin's heart started to beat faster every time Hyunjin called him by his full name like that. At the same time, however, he was a little bemused by the fact that he was still considering him as 'cute'.

He wanted to be a tough man in front of him, after all!

"Am I still not tough to you, Hyunjin?" the Ravenclaw asked seriously. "Do you still only see me as cute?"

The older set down the controller, a little taken aback by the sudden seriousness of Seungmin, and moved closer to him, placing a hand on his flushed cheek.

"Don't you get it? I've been looking at you as tough ever since you saved me back in the forest," he answered, still looking deeply into the younger's eyes.

"But you always call me cute..." the Ravenclaw insisted quietly. Hyunjin chuckled.

"Because you are the cutest guy I've ever laid my eyes on. That's what I... like the most about you..." he explained softly.

Seungmin blushed even harder. Did he hear that correctly?

"You l-like m-me?" he stuttered; his heart was now beating at full speed. Hyunjin didn't answer, as he was now blushing himself. He didn't plan to confess to Seungmin so suddenly.

It had just... happened.

He suddenly started leaning in closer to the Ravenclaw, without ever breaking the intense eye contact with him. He saw how Seungmin lowered his eyes a little to look at the Slytherin's lips, causing Hyunjin to bite his lower lip, eager to finally connect them with Seungmin's.

He put his second hand on the younger's other cheek, gently pulling his face closer to his own. Seungmin's hand reached up to Hyunjin's, as he closed his eyes tightly, his heart racing in nervousness.

"Don't run away now..." the Slytherin whispered, his lips brushing Seungmin's as he spoke.

The Ravenclaw gave in to the overwhelming feelings Hyunjin caused in him as their lips finally touched for the first time. Seungmin closed his eyes as Hyunjin slowly started to move his full lips against his.

The Slytherin eventually wrapped his arms around the Ravenclaw, gently pulling his body closer to his own. Seungmin felt like the world around them completely disappeared, along with his nervousness. He felt comfortable and safe around Hyunjin and never wanted this moment to end. His hands moved up from the older's waist to play with his hair as the kiss continued.

After another few seconds, Hyunjin softly broke the kiss and slowly opened his eyes.

He had kissed a lot of guys before, but none of them had ever made him like that first real kiss he had just shared with Seungmin. His heart was pounding against his chest and his whole body felt hot. The Ravenclaw still had his eyes closed tightly, too scared to look at him after what had just happened.

"Yes, I like you," he answered the question from earlier, "more than I want to admit..."

Seungmin covered his face with both of his hands in an attempt to hide his embarrassment. "I- I like you, t-too, H-Hwang Hyunjin," he confessed internally cursing himself for not being able to say it straightforwardly like the older.

Hyunjin just smiled in satisfaction and quickly gave the Ravenclaw another peck on the lips before getting up from the couch. "It's getting pretty late. Thank you for showing me your room and letting me play video games for the first time. I really enjoyed myself today. I'll see you tomorrow, Kim Seungmin," he winked, before exiting the Room of Requirements, leaving one mess of a boy behind.

Seungmin let himself fall back on the couch he was sitting on, reaching up to touch his lips. He could still feel the Slytherin's soft lips against his. His heart was still beating fast and he must've looked like a gay tomato.

~

Seungmin came back to the common room smiling like an idiot. He was feeling giggly and couldn't stop thinking about that kiss. Entering the bedroom, he shared with 5 other Ravenclaws, he spotted Jisung sitting on his bed doing his homework. Seungmin giggled quietly as he threw himself on his own bed kicking his feet in excitement.

Jisung didn't seem to notice and just groaned at his homework in frustration. "Bro, did you finish that assignment for Defense Against the Dark Arts? I'm not making any progress here..." he said ruffling his hair.

The younger frowned, not sure which assignment he was talking about. His thoughts had been with Hyunjin all week.

"Which one?" Seungmin questioned.

"Don't you remember? The one about a Dementor's kiss," Jisung answered still hovering over the scattered papers on his bed.

The younger stopped, immediately reminded of the kiss from earlier. "Oh, y-yeah, that one..." he said blushing. He handed him the assignment he had, of course, already finished.

"Thanks!" Jisung said, sounding relieved.

Seungmin gave him a smile and went to the bathroom to wash up and get ready to go to bed. He actually fell asleep pretty quickly that night.

A certain Slytherin even appeared in his dreams...

~

The next day, Hyunjin waited for Seungmin in front of the Ravenclaw common room around lunchtime. It was Saturday, there were no classes, so Seungmin had spent the morning in his room doing homework. The Slytherin didn't seem to mind all the other Ravenclaw students passing by him with either curious or confused looks as he was just standing there, waiting for Seungmin to come out. The Slytherin gave him the brightest smile when he finally saw the younger leaving the common room. Seungmin blushed immediately when he spotted the older.

"Hi," Hyunjin said smirking at the blushing Ravenclaw in front of him.

"H-hi, Hyunjin," Seungmin answered quietly. The Slytherin chuckled at his shyness, took the younger's hand, pulled him closer and smoothly give him a peck on the cheek.

"Let's go eat lunch together," he suggested.

"Okay," Seungmin smiled shyly as he was holding on to the Slytherin's hand in front of all his housemates.

At lunch, Hyunjin invited Seungmin over to the Slytherin table again and the Ravenclaw actually got to get to know Hyunjin's friends, Changbin and Minho a little better. They had fun talking about this and that until he suddenly realized that he had left his wand back in the common room.

"Do you want to go get it? We'll wait for you here," Hyunjin said smiling at him reassuringly.

"I'll be right back," the Ravenclaw replied getting up from the bench and leaving the Great Hall.

Seungmin had almost reached the Ravenclaw common room when he was stopped by a tall and muscular guy. In fact, that guy seemed quite familiar. It was the same student who had tried to bully Jeongin and had gotten Seungmin, Hyunjin, Jeongin and himself into detention. He blocked the Ravenclaw's way and gave him an intimidating look.

"Oh, if it isn't our little prefect, Kim Seungmin," he growled taking a few steps towards the younger.

"W-what do you want from me?" Seungmin replied clearly intimidated by the upperclassman.

The Ravenclaw was no coward or anything, he was a prefect after all, he was just pretty defenseless against the bully. He had no wand on him, and the bully was clearly stronger than him, physically.

"I want you to pay up for getting me in trouble two weeks ago," the upperclassman spoke in a dangerous sounding voice as he backed Seungmin into a corner.

"B-but it was you who-"

"Did I not make myself clear? Give me your money, you little mudblood," the bully barked loudly, making his heart beat in panic. There was nobody here, everyone was at lunch and the Ravenclaw was backed into a corner, defenseless. The obnoxious upperclassman started to become impatient and harshly shoved the younger against the wall knocking the air out of his body before lifting his arm to punch him.

Seungmin closed his eyes, preparing for pain to kick in as he expected to be punched in the face by a much taller and super muscular dude. But he didn't feel anything. He just heard a dull sound and a groan.

The Ravenclaw opened his eyes and saw a pained bully laying on the floor and an angry Hwang Hyunjin standing in front of him.

"Seungmin, are you okay?" the Slytherin asked in a worried tone as he quickly checked the younger's body for any injuries.

"I'm alright but Hyunjin... your hand is bleeding," he pointed out.

The older just smiled. "Ah, that's nothing, I'm glad you're okay," Hyunjin said before turning to the bully he had knocked down a few moments ago. "You. I already can't tolerate you bullying innocent students, but don't you ever threaten my boyfriend. I went easy on you this time. Now, scram," he said in a low and dangerous sounding voice that Seungmin had never heard him use before. The bully got up from the floor and ran off cursing under his breath. The older sighed.

"B-boyfriend...?" the Ravenclaw questioned blushing hard.

Hyunjin just smiled widely before softly kissing him on the lips. "Can't I call you that?" he asked smirking. That's when Seungmin suddenly smiled and pulled the Slytherin in a hug, before thanking him for saving him.

"Now let's take care of your hand, it's still bleeding," he suggested pulling his boyfriend towards the Ravenclaw common room to nurse his bruised hand.

Once that hand was taken care of with a simple healing spell, and Seungmin had finally grabbed his wand, the two fifth years made their way back to the entrance hall where Minho and Changbin waited for them. The original plan was to take another shot at ice skating but Seungmin thought about his last public embarrassment on the lake.

They stepped outside into the courtyard. The Ravenclaw sneakily got out his wand and made three snowballs, letting each of them fly towards one of the Slytherins walking a few steps in front of him. They turned around, obviously confused only to find Seungmin covering his mouth, giggling at their baffled faces.

Hyunjin smirked and raised his eyebrow at the younger. "Bad idea," was all he said. Seungmin responded with another flick of his wand and another snowball hitting Hyunjin right in the face. He stuck his tongue out and ran for his life, trying to find a place to hide but he felt several snowballs hit his back.

Next thing Seungmin knew, a snowball fight had broken out between the four of them. Other students gave them weird looks and tried to stay out of their way but Changbin made sure to throw snowballs at everyone who wasn't quick enough to hide. Soon enough, their robes were soaked but they didn't particularly mind.

Seungmin was currently hiding behind a gargoyle when he felt someone's presence behind him. "Is this how a prefect should be acting?" Hyunjin whispered into his ear, causing Seungmin to shudder.

He turned around to face the Slytherin with a grin. The older's face was way too close to his own.

"Um... do I want to know what you guys are doing?" a confused and dry Chan suddenly spoke up, causing Seungmin to blush and distance himself from Hyunjin a little, getting back into view. Chan was wearing his Quidditch uniform and seemed to be on the way to the field.

Minho grinned and picked up a snowball.

"Wanna join?" he asked.

Chan's eyes widened as he shook his head. "I have to get to practice. Put on some dry clothes or you'll get sick!" the older scolded. Minho pouted but got his wand out nonetheless. The next moment, the three Slytherins and Seungmin were all back in their dry robes.

"I'll walk you to practice," Minho announced and reached for his boyfriend's hand. Changbin shot him a betrayed look.

"What happened to bros over hoes, man," he asked, shaking his head in disbelief.

"If you stuck to that, you wouldn't be hanging out with Hyunjin anymore," the older Slytherin shot back.

"Hey!" Hyunjin exclaimed with a fake pout.

"And Changbin; call my boyfriend a hoe again and I'll transform yours into a toad!" Minho playfully warned Changbin. Chan didn't seem to mind the bickering, instead he regarded his boyfriend with a giddy smile.

"Don't call my boyfriend a hoe, then..." Seungmin muttered as the couple made its way to the Quidditch field. Hyunjin chuckled and placed an arm around the Ravenclaw's shoulders.

Changbin stared at them wide-eyed. "Wait, wait, did I hear that correctly? Did you just call Hyunjin your boyfriend?" he asked. Seungmin blushed and nodded, not making eye-contact with anyone. "So, are you two, like, a thing now? Hwang Hyunjin got himself a boyfriend? First Minho and now you too? I think I need to sit down!"

Hyunjin laughed at his friend's antics and removed his arm from around Seungmin to link their hands together.

"Bye Changbin," he exclaimed and began lead the Ravenclaw back inside, leaving a speechless Slytherin prefect. "I figured you'd rather not go to the lake," Hyunjin pointed out. Seungmin shook his head. "What do you want to do instead?" the Slytherin questioned.

Seungmin thought about the question for a while. "I mean... I usually study on Saturdays..." he pointed out, slightly embarrassed. What if Hyunjin thought that studying on Saturdays was lame. "Do you want to do anything?" he asked the older.

Hyunjin shrugged. "I'm sure we'll find a way to kill some time," he replied, giving Seungmin's hand a squeeze.

~

They did end up passing the time hanging out in different spots around the castle, just talking and getting to know each other a little more.

The next day, they headed back to the Room of Requirements where Seungmin had prepared yet another technological surprise for Hyunjin. He'd wished for a huge movie screen and his favorite movie.

However, the two of them didn't really catch a lot of the movie.

Seungmin lost interest pretty quickly, since he'd seen it a million times and Hyunjin was just too distracting. The Slytherin caught him staring and in the end, they spent more time making out than actually watching the movie.

Hyunjin walked Seungmin back to his common room in the evening. As they approached the common room the two students slowed down their steps swinging their intertwined hands back and forth.

"Here we are..." Seungmin stated reluctant to go in and leave his boyfriend behind yet. Hyunjin seemed to feel the same way as he pouted at the Ravenclaw and took both of his hands in his.

"Are you sure you wanna go in yet?" the older whined and continued to swing their arms playfully. "Can't we hang out some more?" he suggested.

Seungmin chuckled. "Curfew starts in 10 minutes, you should really return to your own dorm," he said.

"Fine, Mr Prefect..." the Slytherin replied whining playfully and pulled the younger closer to him. "Do I at least get a good night kiss?" he whispered smirking.

The Ravenclaw looked around checking the area for any lingering students before softly connecting his lips with Hyunjin's.

The older seemed surprised at first but still returned the kiss, slowly moving his lips against Seungmin's. The Ravenclaw broke the kiss before anyone could spot them but Hyunjin still didn't seem to want to leave.

"You go first," he said smiling.

"Nah, you go first," Seungmin responded playfully and the Slytherin shook his head grinning.

The continued that little game for a while longer until Hyunjin finally gave up.

"Fine, I'll leave," he smiled. Seungmin waved at him as the Slytherin slowly walked away backwards, almost falling down the stairs as he didn't want to take his eyes off the Ravenclaw who just chuckled at his idiot boyfriend before finally entering the common room.

~

Seungmin woke up with a giddy smile on his face the next morning. He was sure that Jisung would about it, but his fellow Ravenclaw friend currently wasn't here, since he had to leave yesterday for his sister's wedding in the Muggle world.

Seungmin got out of bed and decided to do some reading before he had to go to class.

Since he wasn't very hungry, he headed straight to the courtyard near the Transfigurations classroom where he'd be having his first class of the day. He didn't mind the cold. In fact, he appreciated the fact that it was too cold for most students to be outside, so he could read in peace.

He'd just gotten fairly comfortable on one of the stone benches, nose already buried in his book, when he heard someone approaching him. Seungmin looked up and his face brightened up.

"Hyunjin!" he exclaimed. The Slytherin came to a stop in front of him, his eyes cast down to the floor. Seungmin shut his book and rose from the bench. "What's wrong, are you okay?" he questioned.

Usually Hyunjin wore a bright smile on his face whenever Seungmin saw him, but right now he was quiet and reserved with a frown on his face. The fact that Hyunjin wasn't looking at him at all concerned him even more. He went to reach for the Slytherin's hand, but he pulled away.

"We have to break up," Hyunjin said, finally looking at Seungmin. His gaze was blank, like he hadn't just dropped a major bomb on Seungmin.

The Ravenclaw's eyes widened at Hyunjin's words. "W-what do you mean?"

"I mean... this thing we had...it's over," the older told him. His tone was cold and caused Seungmin to take a step back in astonishment.

"But why?" his voice was barely above a whisper. He didn't understand at all. Yesterday, everything had been just fine and today, the first thing Hyunjin did was to break up with him? Hyunjin exhaled and turned away from Seungmin.

"See you around..." he said and walked away, not answering the Ravenclaw's question.

Seungmin stared after his disappearing figure, still in complete disbelief. He felt tears welling up in his eyes when reality hit him.

Hyunjin had really just broken up with him. He grabbed his book and took off in the opposite direction, heading straight for the library, where Jeongin sat at their usual table.

Right, he had a free period on Monday mornings...

The Ravenclaw stopped in his tracks and turned around again. He didn't want Jeongin to see him like this; tears running over his face while he was trying to keep his pathetic sobs in. He wanted to be alone and cry his eyes out, but the younger called out to him before he could take another step.

"Seungmin!"

The Ravenclaw wiped at his face, trying to make himself look more presentable but they were immediately replaced by new ones. Jeongin had gotten up from the table he'd sat at and approached him, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder when he noticed the state his friend was in.

"Hey, why are you crying?" he asked as quietly as possible, trying not to alarm the librarian.

Seungmin let out a sob and hugged Jeongin, now full-on crying on his shoulder. Jeongin was confused, to say the least, but that didn't stop him from rubbing comforting circles on his friend's back.

Unfortunately, Seungmin's crying did alarm the librarian in the end and they were asked to leave.

Seungmin was still a mess when Jeongin led him to a set of stairs where they sat down. "What happened, Seungmin?" the Hufflepuff asked carefully. Seungmin sniffled and tried to wipe his tears again, though, to no avail.

"Hy-Hyunjin j-just broke up with m-me..." he stammered out. Jeongin's eyes widened, just like Seungmin's had.

"What? Did he say why?" the younger questioned. Seungmin shook his head and buried his face in his hands. "But... Hyunjin wouldn't... he's..." Jeongin trailed off. "I'll talk to him!" he promised.

Seungmin looked at him again. "Don't! Just... let him be. I don't want to seem desperate..." he said. Jeongin looked like he wanted to protest, but the look on Seungmin's face seemed to make him shut up. Seungmin got to his feet and looked at the young Hufflepuff.

"You should probably get to class soon..." he pointed out to which Jeongin nodded.

"Are you going?" the younger questioned.

Seungmin shook his head, sniffling hard. "Not today..." he replied in a defeated tone and made one last attempt to wipe the tears off his face.

Jeongin patted his shoulder and gave him a quick hug. "It's going to be alright. I'm sure there's an explanation," he assured Seungmin.

The Ravenclaw doubted that things were going to be alright, but he appreciated his friend's tries to make him feel better. He watched Jeongin walk away to his classes before heading to his common room, hoping not to run into any teachers on the way.

He tried to come up with his own explanation as to why Hyunjin had suddenly broken up with him. Was he sick of Seungmin already? The Slytherin wasn't exactly known for long-term-relationships. But it had seemed like Hyunjin genuinely liked him. Seungmin exhaled and entered the common room after answering the doorknob's question.

He should have listened to Jisung, he thought when he sat down near at the fireplace. Last weekend had been amazing but now he was left feeling like crap, only because he hadn't taken his friend's advice.

' Be careful with Hyunjin'

Seungmin sighed. Once Jisung returned from his sister's wedding, he was going to ask his friend to punch him in the face for being so stupid and give him a well-deserved 'I told you so'.

And to think that Seungmin might have had a date for the Christmas dance...

Seungmin hadn't realized that he was crying again until he felt a tear drop hit the back of his hand. Luckily, the common room was empty since everyone went to class, otherwise he would have felt even more stupid than he already did, crying over someone who probably wouldn't even waste another thought on him.

~

The next day, Seungmin decided to skip classes again, since he had Defense against the Dark Arts with the Slytherins later. He really didn't want to run into Hyunjin today – or any other given day. He also hadn't eaten anything all day because he was avoiding the Great Hall as well.

The only place, he felt like he could be alone (aside from the dormitory) was the library. It's where he didn't have to talk to people, and it was less likely for him to run into Hyunjin or one of his friends here. The only problem was that he couldn't focus, at all. His thoughts kept wandering back to Hyunjin's blank expression and his cold tone, compared to the times he had been so incredibly sweet to him.

He didn't want to cry in public, especially not if the librarian could throw him out again, like she had yesterday, but keeping in his tears wasn't really that easy when Hyunjin was all he could think about.

Seungmin rested his elbows on the table and buried his face in his hands.

~

"Hyunjin!" Jeongin called out to the older after lunch. The Slytherin stopped in his tracks and turned to face his friend who looked beyond disappointed. Hyunjin figured that he had probably heard about him breaking up with Seungmin. "I had to comfort a crying Seungmin yesterday because you broke up with him! How could you do this to him without a reason?" the Hufflepuff questioned.

"I have a reason, Jeongin," Hyunjin replied, trying to sound as calm as possible.

"Enlighten me, then!" Jeongin snapped, crossing his arms over his chest expectantly.

"I can't talk about this right now," the Slytherin said. He turned around and walked away.

Changbin had asked him to grab a book from the library for him, so he decided to head there before heading to his common room. He didn't feel like going to class this afternoon. He at Charms anyway and he wasn't in the mood to put up with Professor Flitwick criticizing him.

Hyunjin arrived at the library and was just about to start looking for the book when he heard a faint sniffle coming from one of the tables to his left. He turned his head and froze immediately. Seungmin had his face buried in his hands, obviously crying.

Hyunjin balled his hands into fists, trying his best not to go over there. The Ravenclaw probably didn't want to see him anyway. He knew that he was responsible for Seungmin's tears and he'd be lying if he said that it didn't cause his insides to clench together painfully.

He looked for Changbin's book, trying not to attract too much attention but he was approached by a fellow Slytherin, a sixth year going by the name of Ju Haknyeon.

"Hyunjin," the older exclaimed. Hyunjin could practically feel Seungmin look up and stare at him. Haknyeon grinned at him and leaned against the bookshelf he was currently going through.

"So, I see you've dumped that Ravenclaw," the older pointed out. Hyunjin gave him a forced smile, trying not to look over at where he knew said Ravenclaw sat.

"Yeah..." he answered.

Haknyeon's grin widened. "I was wondering if maybe you wanted to hang out sometime," he suggested.

Hyunjin couldn't resist anymore. He looked over to Seungmin's table to find the Ravenclaw looking right at him, his eyes red and puffy. Hyunjin looked back at Haknyeon, trying to ignore the clear look of hurt he saw on Seungmin's face.

"I can't... I have lots of homework to catch up on..." Hyunjin told the older. Haknyeon raised his eyebrows.

"Homework?" he questioned, like he didn't quite believe the excuse.

Hyunjin nodded and pointed at the bookshelf. "That's what I'm here for..." he lied. Haknyeon seemed to accept that.

"I'm sure you'll need a break, eventually. If you're up for it, we could go to Hogsmeade this weekend. Just let me know," the sixth year told him. He winked at Hyunjin before taking off. Hyunjin leaned back against the bookshelf and let out an exhausted sigh. When he looked over at Seungmin's table again, he saw that the younger was gone.

Hyunjin ruffled his own hair in frustration and went to look for the book again.

~

"What's this rumor about you and Seungmin breaking up?" Minho asked that same evening in the common room. Changbin sat on the floor, his homework sprawled out all around him. The mention of Hyunjin's and Seungmin's breakup caused him to look up, though.

"It just didn't work out," Hyunjin answered, his eyes cast down at the floor. Minho raised his eyebrows, clearly not believing a word the younger said.

"I've never seen you like this with literally anyone and you're going to give me that 'it didn't work out' bull?"

"Well, , Minho! Not everyone can be like you and Chan, okay? I broke up with Seungmin before he got attached and that's that!" Hyunjin snapped. Changbin looked at him. The younger knew that his friends could practically see right through him.

There was another reason behind the break-up, and they knew it.

"You know you can tell us what's going on, right?" Changbin stated.

Hyunjin tried his best to glare at his friends. "Nothing's going on, alright? I'm going to bed..." he told them and got up from his seat on the couch, taking off towards the dormitories before either of them could say anything.

He headed straight for his bed, letting himself fall down face-first.

"You okay?" his classmate and friend Sunwoo asked him.

"Fine..." Hyunjin mumbled into his pillow before sitting up again and closing the curtains around his bed. He was still in his robes, but he didn't really have any intention to go to sleep any time soon.

Seungmin's tear-stained face from earlier was still on his mind.

It was his doing. He was responsible for making Seungmin cry. Hyunjin exhaled. He couldn't deny the fact that he missed the Ravenclaw. Their weekend together had been the greatest experience of Hyunjin's life, and he'd made an awful mistake by ending things. He wanted Seungmin back, but it wasn't going to be easy for several reasons, the most important one being that the younger probably never wanted to speak to him again.

Hyunjin sighed and opened his curtains again to get a scroll of parchment and a quill out of his nightstand drawer. If he wanted Seungmin back, he needed to get the other big problem out of the way first.

~

Hyunjin approached Jeongin in front of the Greenhouses the next day. The Hufflepuff didn't seem as excited to see him as usual and Hyunjin couldn't blame him. He had broken up with one of his closest friends and then didn't even explain himself.

It just wasn't that easy to explain.

"I need your help..." Hyunjin said to the younger. Jeongin looked at him, crossing his arms over his chest like he had yesterday. If the boy wasn't so adorable, Hyunjin probably would have been intimidated by the look of expectation on his face.

"What do you need my help with?" he questioned.

"I want to make it up to Seungmin... I want to apologize to him, but I know that he probably won't listen to me," Hyunjin explained.

Jeongin raised his eyebrows so much that they almost disappeared into his hairline. "Why should I trust you with my friend again after what you did to him?"

Hyunjin lowered his head. "Because... I really like your friend and I messed up... I can't explain what happened, but I need you to trust me with this," the Slytherin said in a small voice.

"You really hurt him..." Jeongin stated. Hyunjin didn't answer, so the two of them stood in silence for a few seconds before Jeongin rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Fine..." he said in defeat. "You know how we have that Christmas dance coming up? You should ask him to go there with you," Jeongin suggested.

Hyunjin looked at him. "He probably doesn't even want to talk to me, what makes you think he's going to say yes to me?" the Slytherin asked.

Jeongin shrugged. "It's the first thing that came to mind, I don't know much about relationships," he pointed out. "All I know is that this boy just needs a little romance and he'll be swept off his feet. If you're really serious about him, he'll forgive you eventually... now, I have to get to class... you better fix this. I never want to see Seungmin cry again!" Jeongin added before leaving Hyunjin behind and heading inside Greenhouse number 2.

Now, Hwang Hyunjin was big on flirting or charming his way into getting whoever he wanted. That wasn't going to work with Seungmin, though, and he knew that he needed to do something more special if he wanted the Ravenclaw to hear him out. On the other hand, he didn't want it to be too big; too special, because Seungmin might not like the attention.

In short, Hyunjin needed something simple but effective.

~

Seungmin had spent the past three days skipping classes, which was something he had never done before. He also would have been skipping meals if it hadn't been for Jeongin sneaking him into the kitchen and practically forcing him to eat something, which he was grateful for.

After he had seen Hyunjin flirting with Ju Haknyeon, Seungmin was bitterly and painfully reminded that he had been nothing but a mere conquest to the older. He wished Jisung was here, since he spent his nights crying himself to sleep and he could really use the comfort, but his friend wouldn't be back until sometime tomorrow morning.

The Ravenclaw felt more stupid than he ever had in his entire life.

He'd fallen for Hyunjin too hard, too fast and now he'd been left in the dust while the older had already moved on and was probably on a date right this minute.

Seungmin was too exhausted to cry at this point.

He'd barely slept that night and he had already set his mind on another day of skipping breakfast and not going to class but Jisung would come back today and he'd ask questions. Seungmin wanted to tell his friend about what had happened, but he didn't want to look like a complete mess when he did so he dragged himself out of bed and went to wash up before heading to the Great Hall.

Jisung joined him halfway through his toast, taking the seat next to him. Seungmin gave him a forced smile.

"Hey... how was your sister's wedding?" he questioned, trying to sound more enthusiastic than he felt.

Jisung smiled. "It was alright. I'm not exactly a family gatherings type of guy but it was really good to see her again..." Seungmin nodded in understanding.

"What have you been up to these past few days? You and Hyunjin were probably all over each other, right? It's good to see that he changed..." Jisung changed subjects. Seungmin looked at his plate. He was just about to tell the other Ravenclaw about what went down between them when someone cleared his throat behind them.

Seungmin turned around and froze. Hyunjin stood there, right in front of him with a gorgeous red rose in his hands. He looked more nervous than Seungmin had ever seen him, but he was determined not to look at him for too long.

Instead, he stared at the rose the older was holding.

"I came here to say that I'm sorry for what I did... I never meant to hurt you and I want to explain everything to you. Kim Seungmin, will you go to the Christmas dance with me?" Hyunjin finally spoke up after a few seconds.

A silence followed. It felt like the entire Great Hall had their attention focused on the two of them. Seungmin was speechless to say the least. A week ago, he would have blushed and probably said yes to Hyunjin's proposal but after the week he'd had so far, he wouldn't have dreamed of anything like this happening.

"No," he answered and turned back around.

He heard a few shocked gasps from the people around him, but he didn't care. He didn't move until he heard Hyunjin's footsteps disappear.

Jisung looked at him wide-eyed. "What the heck just happened?" he asked. "Why did you say no? What did I miss?"

Seungmin let out a shaky breath. He was confused himself. What had just happened? Why did Hyunjin suddenly want to go to the dance with him? Was this some kind of a sick joke? He wouldn't have thought of Hyunjin as cruel enough to play these kinds of tricks on him after he'd already ripped his heart out.

"He dumped me the other day and he didn't even tell me why. I have no clue why he just did that," Seungmin finally told Jisung in a quiet voice. He didn't want to start crying again, not when there were still way too many curious glances on him. It probably didn't happen every day that Hwang Hyunjin got rejected.

"Oh, hell no!" Jisung exclaimed and before Seungmin even knew it, the other Ravenclaw had jumped up from his seat and practically chased after Hyunjin, who had long since left the Great Hall. Seungmin figured that he should probably stop him, but he really didn't have the energy to do so.

He slowly got up and prepared to go to class, still followed by stares.

~

Hyunjin was already halfway down the corridor to the Slytherin common room, the rose he'd tried to give Seungmin clutched to his chest tightly, when he heard a familiar voice call out to him.

"Hyunjin!"

The Slytherin turned around and gave his friend a defeated look. "Not right now, Jisung..."

The Ravenclaw stopped in front of him, face hardened, and arms crossed over his chest. It didn't take a genius to see that he was angry. And he sure was scarier than Jeongin.

"Oh yes, right now! How dare you play with Seungmin's heart like that? Is this a joke to you?" he yelled at Hyunjin. Han Jisung never got mad, so Hyunjin was taken aback at his friend's tone.

"No, I–"

"I watched that kid fall head over heels for you! I tried so hard to believe that you were finally serious about something! And, of course, you had to go and it up! You need to stop playing with people's hearts like that, especially if it's my best friend's heart!" Jisung interrupted the older, who tried to explain himself.

"Can you please hear me out?" Hyunjin pleaded. He really didn't want Jisung to be mad at him, too. Though, Hyunjin knew that he probably deserved worse than being yelled at for breaking up with Seungmin.

"Why? So you can make excuses again? Listen, Hyunjin, we're friends and we've both moved on from the past, but this is the exact reason why I warned Seungmin from getting too attached to you! You play too much, and you don't care about other people's feelings!"

Hyunjin lowered his eyes. He tried to fight the tears that were forming in his eyes, but Jisung's words hit him hard. Was this really his thing? Hurting people? He had never intentionally wanted to hurt anyone but here his ex-boyfriend and friend was, telling him that apparently this was all he'd been doing.

"I'm sorry..." he said quietly.

Jisung, who had just looked like he didn't want to stop yelling anytime soon, furrowed his brows. "You're... sorry?"

Hyunjin threw the rose to the floor leaned against the stone wall. He let himself sink down to the floor, a tear running down his face, as he brought his knees to his chest and covered his face with his hands. He could hear Jisung approach him carefully, his footsteps echoing in the empty corridor before he felt him sit down next to him.

Hyunjin sniffled, starting to wipe at his eyes. "I never wanted this..." he finally spoke up. His voice sounded a little choked up from crying. "I am serious about Seungmin... but I didn't have a choice," Hyunjin added, looking at his friend, who had started to look less angry and more confused.

"What do you mean?" Jisung questioned. At least, he wasn't yelling anymore.

"My Mom heard about me dating around. She told me that I was bringing shame upon our family and that she'd take me out of Hogwarts if I didn't stop. She gave me a dating ban. You've met my mother, she wasn't kidding... so I had to break up with Seungmin. Believe me, it hurt me just as much as it hurt him..." Hyunjin explained.

Thinking about how things had turned out didn't exactly help him stop crying either.

Jisung, being the kind-hearted person he was, placed an arm around Hyunjin's shoulder and gave him comforting pats as the Slytherin tried to bite back his sobs.

"Then why are you trying to win him back?" Jisung asked. Hyunjin sniffled again and wiped his face on his robes.

"Because I wrote a letter to my mother and told her that I found someone I wanted to be with and that none of her threats could make me stop dating the first guy I've ever had genuine feelings for..." Hyunjin paused, shooting an uneasy look at Jisung. "No offense..." he muttered.

The younger waved off.

"But... Jisung, did you really think I didn't care about your feelings back then?" the Slytherin questioned, still sniffling from time to time.

Jisung looked at his knees and shrugged. "I mean, you wanted people to think that you dumped me to uphold your reputation... you didn't think about how that might make me feel..." Jisung said; his voice getting a little quieter towards the end.

Hyunjin furrowed his brows in confusion. "Wait, is that what you thought? I didn't do this for my reputation! I couldn't care less about what people have to say about me. Back then, I cared about what people might do to you when they heard that you were the one who suggested breaking up. I've had some crazy admirers in the past... I didn't want anyone to go after you because they're overprotective when it comes to me..." Hyunjin cleared up.

Jisung's eyes widened a little at the revelation. "I'm sorry if it came out wrong. I should have explained myself... no wonder you think I'm a jerk..." the older said, lowering his head again.

Jisung slightly nudged his friend's shoulder. "You're not a jerk... I should have talked to you back then... but that's not important anymore. Right now, we need to focus on fixing this thing between you and Seungmin!" he exclaimed, wiping the remainders of Hyunjin's tears, before rising back to his feet and pulling Hyunjin up as well.

The Slytherin hadn't realized how much he needed a hug until Jisung wrapped his arms around him. They stayed like this for a while until Hyunjin could trust himself not to break down again.

"I'm sorry, I yelled at you..." the Ravenclaw muttered as they pulled back. Hyunjin shook his head, looking at his shoes.

"It's okay. I deserve to be yelled at for letting Seungmin go..." he admitted.

"You really like him, don't you?" Jisung stated knowingly. Hyunjin didn't answer; he didn't have to. "Well, let's get you two back together, then!"

"How? He's never going to forgive me..." Hyunjin argued, sounding defeated again when he thought back to Seungmin's rejection back in the Great Hall.

"Lucky for you, I have a plan..." Jisung said secretively. He sounded sure of himself. Hyunjin was willing to try anything to get Seungmin to at least hear him out.

With Jisung on his side, things felt a little less hopeless than before.

~

"I talked to Hyunjin..." Jisung told Seungmin the same evening while the slightly younger Ravenclaw was getting ready for bed.

"And?" he said monotonously.

"I feel like maybe you should talk to him..." Jisung stated carefully. Seungmin stopped in his tracks to look at him.

"He broke up with me, what else is there to talk about?"

"I'm just saying... maybe once you know the reason, you can forgive–"

"I can't talk about this right now..." Seungmin interrupted him and closed the curtains before he hid under his blanket. He could hear Jisung sigh but luckily, the older decided not to press it any further.

For once, he managed to fall asleep relatively quickly. His dreams were practically full of Hyunjin, though. No matter how much Seungmin tried to distract himself at night, his subconscious wouldn't put any other images in his head.

"Seungmin," dream Hyunjin said. He stepped closer and began to softly shake his shoulder. "Seungmin!" he repeated with a little more vigor.

The Ravenclaw woke up with a start. Someone really was shaking his shoulder and calling his name. Seungmin turned around sleepily, reaching for his glasses on his nightstand (he usually wore contacts, but he used the glasses once he'd taken them out for the day).

"Hyunjin?!" he whisper-yelled. Either his mind was playing tricks on him, or his ex-boyfriend was really crouching right next to his bed.

"I want to talk to you... please..." the older answered, also whispering. Seungmin sat up and looked around in the dark common room.

"Not here! Everyone's sleeping!" he finally told the Slytherin and got out of bed, slipping his feet into a pair of bunny slippers next to his bed.

He thought he could hear Hyunjin mumble "cute," but he decided not to let his sleepy mind put things in his head. Instead, he led Hyunjin to the Ravenclaw common room.

It was dark since the fire in the fireplace was out and everyone was asleep. The only thing that slightly illuminated the common room was the moon shining through one of the windows. "How the heck did you get in here?" Seungmin asked, his voice only barely above a whisper. He didn't want to wake the other prefects. That would mean a lot of explaining.

"The question at the entrance wasn't that hard to answer..." Hyunjin mumbled back in reply.

Seungmin rolled his eyes. "Great to know that anyone can just come here at any given time!" he snapped. Hyunjin stepped forward and put both his hands on his shoulders, similarly to how he had done it in Seungmin's dream just now.

"Can you please let me explain?" the Slytherin pleaded. Seungmin freed himself from Hyunjin's soft grip and brought a little distance between them.

"I don't want to hear it, Hyunjin. Breaking in here doesn't change the fact that you hurt me!" he told the older.

"I didn't want to hurt you. I just–"

"Is this what you do after you're done with someone? You just try to use your charm so that your reputation won't be too damaged? Well, it won't work on me. I don't want to hear your excuses! You better get the hell out of here before I call a teacher," Seungmin interrupted Hyunjin before turning around on his heel and all but storming back to his dorm.

He crouched down at the door, bringing his knees to his chest. Hyunjin really had some nerve, showing up here in the middle of the night, trying to sneak his way back into Seungmin's heart. Why did he so desperately want Seungmin to forgive him all of a sudden?

It was confusing, to say the least.

This whole thing tonight had probably been Jisung's idea, though. And if Jisung thought that Hyunjin's reason to break up with him was valid enough to help him with a crazy stunt like this... maybe Seungmin had been too harsh on him?

He wasn't exactly eager to find out why Hyunjin had called it quits after only two days but at the same time, the Slytherin seemed to really want to explain himself. Seungmin got up again and left his dormitory, going back downstairs to the common room...

It was empty.

Hyunjin must have already left after Seungmin had threatened to call a teacher and rat him out. The Ravenclaw sunk down in an armchair. He was a fool. Hyunjin had probably really just tried to lull Seungmin in enough to keep his reputation in check, otherwise he wouldn't have given up so soon.

Seungmin felt hot tears running over his cheeks. He missed Hyunjin like crazy, he wanted to get back what they had before the start of this week, before the Slytherin had apparently gotten sick of him. The Ravenclaw had always been invested in his studies more than his social life, so he'd never really experienced the kind of feelings he (still) had for Hyunjin.

He wanted to forgive him, but he couldn't shake the feeling that Hyunjin only tried to apologize to calm his conscience and that he didn't really want him back. Seungmin would end up staying hurt either way, so maybe being stubborn and not forgiving him was the quickest way to get over his feelings.

In the end, Seungmin fell asleep in his uncomfortable position on his armchair in the middle of the Ravenclaw common room.

He could still try to figure things out tomorrow...

~

The Christmas dance came closer and closer and Seungmin had started attending his classes again. On the outside, it seemed like he finally began to get over Hyunjin but on the inside, Seungmin was still a confused, heartbroken mess. Hyunjin hadn't tried to approach him again but he'd caught the older looking in his direction during mealtimes.

Jisung looked like he wanted to tell Seungmin something, but he stayed quiet, apart from an occasional "maybe you should go talk to him," which was always shut down by Seungmin. One thing, Jisung could convince him of was getting him to come to the dance.

"You could be my date. Like... as friends. I have nobody to go with and neither do you, so let's go together," the other offered when they were on the way to the Quidditch field where Jisung had practice. Seungmin sighed.

"Fine... although, I don't understand why you can't just go with Jeongin..." he muttered. Jisung's face brightened up at his confirmation.

"Jeongin isn't sure if he's going yet. And I want to go with you because you should at least try to have some fun," the Keeper told him.

Seungmin rolled his eyes. "I actually don't really feel like having fun. I'm doing this for you," he pointed out. Jisung grinned widely and put an arm around his friend's shoulders. Seungmin was glad to have him.

At least, Jisung could make him feel a tiny bit better, even if his mind kept repeating the question of what could have happened if he and Hyunjin were still together.

They would probably have gone to the dance together. Seungmin would stress over what to wear and he'd die because of Hyunjin looking extremely gorgeous in dress robes.

His next thought was that he would probably see the Slytherin there. Despite everything that had happened, Seungmin was probably still going to die because of Hyunjin looking extremely gorgeous in dress robes.

Seungmin reminded himself to mentally prepare for a long evening. Especially, if Jisung got his hands on Firewhiskey again.

Maybe this time he'd even have a sip as well...

~

"Maybe I shouldn't go to the Christmas dance next week..." Hyunjin thought aloud at the Slytherin table during breakfast. He had just watched Seungmin and Jisung leave the Great Hall to head to the Quidditch field.

Minho almost dropped his croissant. "Why the would you not want to go?" he questioned in pure and utter disbelief. Hyunjin shrugged, avoiding eye contact with both of his friends.

"I don't feel like it," he lied.

Well, technically it wasn't a complete lie. He really didn't feel like going there without Seungmin. "And besides, I don't even have a date."

Changbin snorted. "That's the least of your problems." Hyunjin glared at him but the sixth year remained unbothered. Minho raised one of his eyebrows and looked from Hyunjin to Changbin and back.

"Is your pride still hurt because Seungmin rejected you?" the oldest of the three questioned.

"It has nothing to do with pride! I could ask literally anyone, and they'd be thrilled to go there with me. I just don't want to!" Hyunjin snapped, now focusing his glare on Minho, who only smirked.

"So, you're whipped for Seungmin after all," he pointed out. Hyunjin opened his mouth to bite back with another pissed off reply but the words wouldn't quite come out. Minho was kind of right. Kind of, because Hyunjin wasn't just whipped.

It was way beyond that...

Unfortunately, Hyunjin hadn't realized just how much he liked Seungmin until he'd let him go. He hadn't received a reply from his mother since he'd told her that he'd found someone he was serious about.

"I think you should go. Felix told me that Seungmin's going with Jisung, so maybe you'll get a chance to apologize to him," Changbin spoke up when Hyunjin started picking around in his food again.

"He doesn't want an apology. I've tried that before..." Hyunjin answered without looking up.

"If you'd just tell us, your best pals, what the hell you even did, we might be able to offer our help," the oldest pointed out before taking a bite from his croissant. Hyunjin sighed but gave in nonetheless, telling his friends about the letter from his mom and how everything had gone downhill from there.

"I told Jisung not to tell Seungmin about the letter because I want to explain everything to him myself. I need him to believe me when I tell him that I didn't do it because I stopped liking him or anything..." Hyunjin explained.

Luckily, his friends listened to him without interrupting or judging him, which made the whole thing a little easier.

"You should definitely go to that dance," Minho said determinedly. Hyunjin gave him a confused look.

"What?"

Minho grinned, something Hyunjin couldn't really take comfort in. "Have you never seen a romantic comedy before?" Minho asked, rolling his eyes at his clueless friend. Hyunjin furrowed his brows. The only movie he'd ever seen had been an action movie and he couldn't even really recall anything because he'd been too focused on Seungmin.

"I think the more important question is: when have you ever seen a romantic comedy?" Changbin asked Minho, whose grin widened as he glanced over at the Gryffindor table where Chan sat, chatting with Felix.

"Channie is lowkey obsessed with them. He always cries at the happy endings... he's so cute... but that's beside the point! What I'm saying is that you need to do something that has to make him forgive you... or at least hear you out..." the oldest explained secretively. "Like a grand romantic gesture!"

Hyunjin couldn't say that he wasn't at least a little bit curious as to what his friend would come up with...

~

The Christmas dance had approached faster than Seungmin would have liked but Jisung wouldn't let him back out, insisting that he needed to 'get out there and get a little loose.'

"Okay, can you at least pretend to have some fun? I must seem like the worst date ever," Jisung half-scolded Seungmin while handing him a cup of an ominous-looking punch. Seungmin inspected the green liquid before taking a careful sip. He scrunched up his face at the taste.

"This is spiked..." he croaked out, trying not to cough at the burning sensation that went down his throat.

"That's kind of the point... how else are you going to loosen up," Jisung told him with a grin. Seungmin handed the cup back to Jisung who just shrugged and downed first his and then Seungmin's cup.

"You know as a prefect I could get you in trouble for that, right?" the younger Ravenclaw pointed out with a half-amused, half-judging expression.

Jisung grinned at him. "Yeah, but as my friend who loves me, you won't get me in trouble, right?" he questioned, trying to sound cute. Seungmin rolled his eyes and shook his head with a light chuckle.

"Whatever..." he muttered. Jisung looked past him, seemingly making eye contact with someone on the other side of the Great Hall. Seungmin turned around, trying to see who Jisung was looking at but he didn't spot anyone in particular, since it was getting kind of crowded in here.

"I think the live acts will start playing soon," Jisung pointed out. Seungmin nodded in agreement and turned towards the stage, which the two of them stood pretty close to. He just hoped that the bands weren't terrible. He didn't need a headache to add to the sleepless nights.

Suddenly, as if on cue, a student climbed up on stage and took the microphone from the holder. A magical spotlight him and Seungmin's eyes widened at the sight of none other than Hwang Hyunjin.

"Uh... hey everyone..." Hyunjin spoke up. Confused mumbles went through the Great Hall as the general attention focused on him. "Most of you know who I am, so I'm going to skip the introduction..." His eyes landed on Seungmin as he spoke. The Ravenclaw figured that it must have been him Jisung had spotted across the hall earlier.

"I have something to say to Kim Seungmin," Hyunjin announced. Seungmin's heart stopped for a few seconds. He felt numerous pairs of eyes on him when the older spoke his name. Another spotlight appeared, shining right down on him.

"I've treated you pretty badly. The other day I made a very big mistake. I understand if you don't want me back but if you could just listen to what I have to say and maybe consider giving me another chance... I promise to make it up to you. You're all I want," Hyunjin explained, eyes never leaving Seungmin's.

The entire Great Hall had gone silent, everyone seemingly anticipating Seungmin's response. The Ravenclaw wasn't quite sure what to say. Hyunjin had really gone all out, completely willing to potentially make a fool out of himself, only to get Seungmin to hear him out?

And... he even wanted him back?

Jisung nudged him, silently encouraging him to answer. Seungmin felt a blush creep on his cheeks.

"Fine... I'll listen to what you have to say... but only if you get off that stage..." he told the older just loud enough for him to hear him all the way up on that stage. Hyunjin's face brightened up the tiniest bit and he got off the stage faster than Seungmin could register.

They left the Great Hall, heading towards the dungeons to have a quiet and private place to talk about things. Hyunjin looked at Seungmin nervously almost as if recalling his previous attempts of apologizing to him.

"So... first off, I'm really sorry for how I treated you. I should have explained myself..." the Slytherin began. He reached into his dress robes and got out a folded piece of parchment which he handed to Seungmin. "I got this from my mother that morning. She's in the Ministry's education department so she has eyes and ears everywhere..." Hyunjin trailed off.

Seungmin's eyes wandered over the letter, his eyes widening more with each sentence.

"I respect my mother a lot, especially since she's my only parent, so I thought I could just stop dating for a while and get on her good side again," the older continued, once Seungmin was done reading. He put the letter back into his robes before taking a careful step closer to Seungmin.

"After I broke up with you, I felt awful. I hated the fact that I hurt you and made you cry... so I wrote a letter to my mother, telling her that, yes, I'll stop dating around but only because I found somebody I want to be with..."

He reached for one of Seungmin's hands and looked him in the eyes.

"I've never felt anything like this before and I'm really new to this. I know I don't really deserve a second chance, but I promise I'll do whatever it takes to prove to you that I'm completely serious. I'm crazy about you, Kim Seungmin..."

Seungmin looked back at him, unable to say anything. His heart was pounding at such a rapid pace, he was almost scared to get a heart attack. Hyunjin seemed like he was close to tears, probably taking the younger's silence as rejection.

"I-I... forgive you..." Seungmin finally said, giving Hyunjin's hand the slightest of squeezes. He was, no doubt, blushing by now but he didn't break eye contact. "I mean... you could have just showed me the letter and we could have figured this out together but what's done is done and I... I've just really missed you..."

Hyunjin hugged him tightly without warning. "I've missed you, too!" he replied, sounding beyond relieved. Seungmin's hands clawed into the back on Hyunjin's robes as he hugged back. They stayed like this for a while, neither of them saying a word, just taking in each other's presence.

Eventually, Seungmin pulled back, remembering something. "I'm sorry, too, by the way!" he told Hyunjin, who just gave him a confused look in return. "For rejecting you in front of everyone and for not hearing you out. I was being unnecessarily stubborn. I just want to put this behind us..."

Hyunjin chuckled and cupped the younger's cheeks in his hands. "You're so cute... you have nothing to apologize for..."

Seungmin pouted at the older's words. "I'm not cute..." he protested quietly, causing the Slytherin to laugh out loud for the first time in days.

"I love you," Hyunjin blurted out, before he could stop himself. He froze, eyes widening in realization. (He hadn't meant to say that out loud. He'd just gotten the younger back; he couldn't afford to lose him again by scaring him off.)

Seungmin knew that his own face was beet red, but he wasn't the only one. Once again, Hwang Hyunjin was flustered because of him, Kim Seungmin. Before the Ravenclaw could answer anything, though, Hyunjin reached for his hand again, cheeks still rosy.

"Um, I have a surprise for you..." he muttered and gently dragged Seungmin along. They went outside, through the courtyard and all the way down to the boathouse where they had met for their very first date. It wasn't that long ago, yet it seemed that way to Seungmin.

They had gone through so much in such a short period of time.

"What are we doing down here?" Seungmin asked curiously (and hyperaware of their still intertwined hands). Hyunjin just grinned and motioned for him to wait there. He left the boathouse again, but only for a few seconds before he came back and led Seungmin outside to the lake shore where they had first stepped on the ice back then.

"Look up," Hyunjin instructed. Seungmin was still confused but did as he was told. A few seconds later, he heard a boom and red, yellow and orange specs lit up the night sky, followed by explosions of green, pink and purple and so many other different colors.

"A firework? When did you even prepare this?" Seungmin questioned, unable to take his eyes off it. The fireworks were beginning to form different animal shapes in the sky and Seungmin couldn't help but think that this was the sweetest thing anyone had ever done for him.

"I've had some help... I wanted to prepare something special in case you forgave me..." Hyunjin explained, sounding a lot shyer than usual. Seungmin turned to look at him and their eyes met. Hyunjin's face was illuminated by the colored lights, making him look extremely gorgeous, even more so than usual.

"I love it. Thank you," Seungmin said. Hyunjin's lips curved into a smile. The younger stared at them for a few seconds, subconsciously leaning closer to the Slytherin, who did the rest, closing the remaining distance and letting their lips meet in a short, chaste kiss.

Seungmin's cheeks felt extremely hot when they pulled back and he looked up at Hyunjin.

"And I love you, too..." he added in a small voice.

Hyunjin's face lit up brighter than the fireworks before reconnecting his lips with Seungmin's, the two of them practically melting into each other.

It must have looked like a scene out of a romantic comedy, the two students standing at the lake, engulfed in each other paying attention to no one but each other while fireworks lit up the night sky.

Definitely a story to tell the grandkids, Seungmin thought.