I am NOT [your Valentine]

I am NOT [Stray Kids Hogwarts AU One Shot series]

Hi hello I'm back with a new one shot!
Okay, guys I know it's July but this one shot is an emergency filler because I couldn't get the Seungjin done on time (sis and I added something to the idea n it's gonna turn out longer than planned...)
So, I hope you won't mind that this is about Valentine's Day...but, hey, at least it's Changlix, right?
Props to my sister for giving me the idea and also writing a part of it!

I hope you'll like it!

 

Changbin wouldn't say that he was into holidays.

He wasn't into searching for Easter eggs and Christmas was only good because he usually got many presents.

The one holiday Changbin despised the most, though, was Valentine's Day.

It was all overpriced chocolate and sickeningly sweet couples giving each other presents and showering each other with cheesy affection.

This year, though, Changbin might not hate Valentine's Day as much as usual. He figured that his boyfriend, Felix, was just the kind of guy who was into those cheesy things. For some weird inexplicable reason, Changbin found himself looking forward to what the younger might have planned for the day.

When he woke up on February 14th, he felt weirdly giddy.

Seo Changbin never felt giddy (unless he was around Felix, but that was a completely different topic, okay?!)

He got ready and met up with Hyunjin to head to the Great Hall with him. The younger told him all about his oh-so-romantic plans with his boyfriend Seungmin. Changbin only listened with half an ear, though, since he was too excited to see what Felix had come up with. Hyunjin parted ways with him at the entrance of the Great Hall to all but float over to Seungmin, who sat at the Ravenclaw table.

Changbin scanned his eyes over the Gryffindor table, but he couldn't spot Felix anywhere.

He shrugged, figuring that the younger was probably just sleeping in, as it was Sunday today and sat down at his own table. Minho was nowhere to be seen (and neither was Chan now that he thought about it). He didn't even want to know what the older and his boyfriend were up to on this "very special" day.

Changbin was just about to help himself to some toast when a pair of small hands covered his eyes. He jumped in surprise, but couldn't hold back a grin, especially when a low voice whispered.

"Who is it?"

Changbin pretended to think. "Hm... I wonder who it could be..."

Felix chuckled and took his hands away before sitting down next to Changbin and greeting him with a good morning kiss. The Slytherin tried to subtly check Felix for any sorts of presents he might be hiding, but the younger just looked at him with a wide smile.

"Um... you good?" Changbin asked.

Felix nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah, yeah... everything's just fine. I'm just happy to see you," he replied.

"Okay... any... special reason for that?" the older questioned carefully, hoping that he wasn't giving himself away.

Felix tilted his head. "No, not that I know of. I'm always happy to see you. I don't need a special reason," he answered, pressing a little kiss on Changbin's cheek before helping himself to some breakfast, missing the way his boyfriend frowned in confusion.

Had Felix forgotten about Valentine's Day?

"Do you have anything you want to do today?" Changbin asked carefully. Felix gave him a look, seeming to think, before shaking his head.

"Nope, nothing much... Chan cancelled practice today. Why, do you want to go to Hogsmeade or something?"

"Nah... I think I'll just stay here..." the older said in a resigned tone.

It seemed like Felix had truly forgotten...

~

"...and it's not that I care about Valentine's Day or anything. You'd just think he'd be the type of guy to celebrate it, right?" Changbin complained to Hyunjin, who was just on his way back to the Slytherin common room.

The younger didn't seem to be fully listening, as he just walked next to his friend with a grin on his face. Changbin silently cursed the Valentine's Day atmosphere that seemed to lull everyone into a dreamy state of love sickness.

"I even asked him if he had anything he wanted to do today and he just..." he trailed off, still in disbelief. Hyunjin stopped walking and faced him.

"Binnie... if you care that much about Valentine's Day, why don't you just do something for him?" he suddenly asked.

Changbin crossed his arms over his chest defensively. "I don't care! I just thought he might..." he said.

Hyunjin chuckled. "Well, maybe he's just like you. Pretending not to care, thinking that you'd remember and waiting for you to get him something nice," the younger Slytherin pointed out.

Changbin's eyes widened. "! I didn't even think to get him anything!" he exclaimed. Hyunjin had the audacity to laugh at him. "Stop laughing, you Wurst! I need a present for my boyfriend, this is about life and death! Please help me!"

"Calm down! You could always steal some chocolate cake for him from the kitchen. That one's always gone first during the Valentine's meals. I'm sure he'd appreciate it," Hyunjin advised the older, still laughing a bit.

Changbin thought about it for a while.

Would that really be enough?

It definitely would be better than nothing. He nodded to himself.

Hyunjin only chuckled at his determined expression before continuing his way to the common room.

~

"Okay, but how do I do this? I at romance!" Changbin exclaimed a good few hours later during lunch.

Felix was sitting at the Hufflepuff table with Jeongin, so the Slytherin used the opportunity to ask his friends for advice. Minho and Hyunjin exchanged a look.

"We don't know either," was Minho's simple reply.

Changbin whined. "What do you mean, you don't know either?!" he questioned. He began to regret asking his friends.

The two of them hadn't exactly been big on romance either up until this year. Changbin must have been crazy to think that they'd know anything about how he could make Valentine's Day special – for Felix, of course, not for himself.

Hyunjin chuckled, kind of like he knew what Changbin had been thinking about. "What Minho means is that we don't know Felix as well as you do. Maybe you should just... I don't know... head up to the Gryffindor common room tonight and surprise him," he suggested casually.

Changbin nodded slowly. "But what's next? What do we do?" he asked.

"That's completely up to you," Minho told him with a grin. "I mean, I could tell you what I have planned for Chan, but you're all children here, so you'll have to come with something more PG," he added, making the two younger Slytherins roll their eyes.

~

Changbin wouldn't say that he was nervous.

Okay, maybe he was extremely nervous. Here he stood, in front of his boyfriend's common room with two plates in his hand, each with a piece chocolate cake. The Fat Lady looked down on him expectantly. This was his chance to back out and forget all about the stress of Valentine's Day.

"Are you gonna say the damn password or not, cause I have a date and I'm already late," the Fat Lady ripped him from his thoughts.

"Oh, right... um," Changbin blushed.

He had gotten the password from Chan earlier and he'd dreaded saying it to the Fat Lady.

"Be my Valentine," he mumbled shyly, hoping that nobody was around to hear him.

The Fat Lady laughed and swung open with a "You're not quite my type, sweetie."

Changbin huffed and stepped inside the common room. He'd never been in here before, but he definitely hadn't expected it to be so... empty. Dinner was long over, so where was everyone?

It was hardly possible that everyone was on a date tonight, right?

"Binnie," a familiar voice spoke up from one of the armchairs. He hadn't even seen Felix there. The younger got up and walked over to him. "

Um... h-hi?" he said, sounding a little unsure of himself. Felix chuckled, his gaze wandering to the cake in Changbin's hands.

"You saved me some cake?" he questioned in excitement. Changbin smiled.

"Yeah, I did... um... happy Valentine's Day..." he said awkwardly.

Felix' face lit up even more. "You remembered!"

Changbin furrowed his brows at the reply. The Gryffindor just took the cake from his boyfriend and walked back over to the couches and armchairs where he set them down on a small book table.

"What do you mean, I remembered?" Changbin asked, still confused as he followed Felix. The younger chuckled.

"Well, I figured that you might not be too big on Valentine's Day, so I figured I could surprise you. I wanted to make it as subtle as possible. I asked Hyunjin to get you to come here and Chan helped me clear out the common room," Felix explained.

Hyunjin had been in on this?

Was that why he'd laughed at his desperation earlier?

Changbin wasn't sure if he wanted to kill the younger or thank him.

Felix pulled something from his robes. "I have a surprise for you," he muttered, pulling out a small box and opening it. Changbin's eyes widened at the sight of a simple silver ring sitting on top of red satin inside the box. "Happy Valentine's Day," the younger said.

"Are you proposing to me?" the Slytherin questioned, eyes still glued on the ring.

Felix laughed, his cheeks tinting a soft shade of pink. "No, not yet," he answered, causing Changbin to blush as well. "It's a promise ring. In the muggle world, couples often wear those as a symbol of love and commitment," Felix explained. He reached inside the collar of his robes, for a chain that hung around his neck. "I have the other one," he told his boyfriend.

Changbin liked the idea of those rings. It wasn't as much of a burden as an engagement ring. As much as he loved Felix, they were a bit too young to get engaged right now. Maybe someday in the future. The thought caused his cheeks to burn, but it also made him smile.

He took the ring, watching as Felix flicked his wand and made a chain appear for him to put it on. Changbin let the younger put it around his neck, turning his back to him. Felix feather-like touch made him get goosebumps all over. Once he was done, Changbin turned back around and the two of them looked at each other with giddy smiles on their faces.

Changbin took the younger by his small hands and pulled his body closer to his own, still smiling. He then cupped Felix cheeks, leaned in and kissed him slowly and passionately. Felix closed his eyes, smiled into the kiss and placed his hands on the Slytherin's hips, pulling his boyfriend closer.

The older couldn't help but feel the familiar butterflies erupt in his stomach from all the love and sincerity they were expressing through this passionate kiss. He even moved his hands from the younger's cheeks to his hair, playing with the locks on the back of his head and pulling him deeper into the kiss.

After a few more minutes of, well, making out the two boys pulled away, catching their breath. Changbin still had his hands in Felix now messed up hair as Felix was still holding onto Changbin's hips.

The Gryffindor leaned his forehead against the older's as they were still wordlessly smiling and enjoying each other's presence.

So, maybe Changbin did care about Valentine's Day, after all.

Or maybe he just cared about Felix.