I am NOT [just that]

I am NOT [Stray Kids Hogwarts AU One Shot series]

I'm back! This time it's with another Banginho/Minchan. It's kind of boring and uneventful, but I figured that a soft Minchan was nice for a change, considering the heartbreak I tortured you guys with last time...

Anyway, I'm sorry if this is short and lame 

I hope you'll kinda like it anyways lol

 

Minho had the sweetest boyfriend.

Seriously, name someone sweeter than Bang Chan!

The older was the most caring person Minho knew. Recently, he had picked up a habit, where he just gave him little gifts out of nowhere, because "he loved to see Minho's surprised expression".

Even today, Minho was just sitting at the dinner table with his friends, waiting for his boyfriend to show up when suddenly something dangled in front of his face.

The Slytherin turned around in confusion only to see Chan standing there, grinning giddily.

"What's that?" Minho questioned. Chan's grin widened.

"It's a necklace. I made it for you," he explained, holding the necklace out to Minho, who took it and examined the little charm. It looked like a dinosaur or maybe a slug. It was cute, though, so Minho couldn't help but smile.

"It's a snake," Chan said excitedly.

It didn't really look like a snake, but Minho loved it nonetheless. He got up and faced his boyfriend.

"You didn't have to do that... it's not even my birthday," he pointed out, but Chan just giggled.

"I wanted to!" he said.

Minho chuckled fondly, before putting the necklace around his neck. "Thank you, I really love it," he said, causing Chan's face to light up even more.

"I'm glad you do. I spent a lot of time making it. Anyways, I think I'm heading to bed. I'm tired..." Minho furrowed his brows.

"Aren't you going to eat dinner?" he questioned.

Chan grabbed an apple and held it up. "I'm not that hungry... I just wanted to give you the necklace before I went to sleep," he explained. He leaned forward to peck Minho on the cheek before taking off again.

"Aw, I think it's cute that he just gave you a gift just like that," Changbin who had been watching the whole thing silently, now commented.

Hyunjin nodded in agreement. Minho sighed and sat back down again, his hand absent-mindedly coming up to fumble with the snake charm.

"He's the cutest... but I just realized that he always gives me stuff... and I never give him anything. I mean, aside from my d–"

"Okay! We get it!" Changbin interrupted him quickly, already knowing what he was going to say.

"No, but seriously... I'm not just about that. I feel like I should give back to him..."

"Why don't you ask Felix for advice? He knows Chan best," Changbin suggested.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure Felix would be more than happy to give you advice," Hyunjin added. Minho contemplated it. His friends were probably right. Felix could probably help him.

Minho got up from his seat. "I'll go right now," he told the younger boys with a determined expression.

"Don't keep him too long, we have a date after dinner," Changbin pointed out.

"Yeah, yeah," Minho said before making his way over to the Gryffindor table where Felix was eating with Eric Son from Hufflepuff and Kang Chanhee from his house.

"Felix! My favorite Gryffindor!" Minho exclaimed. Felix looked at him weirdly. Eric just outright laughed and Chanhee remained unbothered.

"Whatever you want, Minho. I'm sure, I don't have it," Felix told him.

Minho chuckled and patted the younger's shoulder. "I need your help. It's about Chan," he said.

Felix furrowed his brows. "Um... sure, what do you need?" he questioned.

Minho sat down next to him, not really caring that everyone within earshot could hear them. This was important!

"Alright, so you know how Channie always gives me cute presents?" Minho asked.

Felix nodded slowly. "He always gets super excited when he has something to give you. He likes to make people happy..."

"And now I want to make him happy," Minho told the younger, who scrunched up his face.

"I'm not sure I can help you with that," the Gryffindor replied.

Minho waved off. "I don't mean that. I was actually trying to find a gift for him... but I don't know what he'd like and Changbin suggested that I should ask you," the older explained patiently.

"Ah... um... okay. There aren't many things Chan wants. Try finding a birthday gift for him every year. It's torture, I'm telling you... um..." Felix thought about it for a while. "I mean, Chan is easy to fluster. As long as you mean it, he'll love it," he said, still thinking.

"Didn't you say he wanted this new broomstick?" Eric spoke up suddenly.

Felix perked up. "Right, he told me about how his current one is super outdated!" he exclaimed.

Minho tilted his head. Chan had never complained to him about his broomstick. "What kind of broomstick are we talking about?"

"The Nimbus 7000. It's the latest model and Chan has been lowkey ogling it ever since it came out," Felix explained.

Minho thought about it. Sure, a broomstick wasn't exactly the most romantic gift, but if it was what Chan wanted...

"Thanks, guys!" the Slytherin exclaimed happily as he jumped to his feet again.

Felix gave him a perplexed look. "Wait, you're not gonna buy him the broomstick, are you?" he questioned, but Minho was already walking off.

~

Chan didn't really know why Minho wanted to see him at the Quidditch field in the middle of the night.

The younger had been secretive ever since Chan had given him the necklace two days ago. He couldn't possibly imagine what his boyfriend was planning. He grabbed his broomstick just in case Minho wanted to randomly have a late-night practice with him and made his way down to the field, hoping that he wouldn't run into any teachers.

Minho was waiting for him in front of the dressing rooms with a long box in his hands. He grinned at Chan slyly as he came closer. The older looked at him questioningly.

What was he up to?

"What's going on?" the Gryffindor asked his boyfriend.

Minho's grin widened as he held the box out to Chan. "I have a present for you! You always give me things and now I got something for you," the younger explained excitedly.

Chan took the box with a curious expression. "You didn't need to get me anything..." he said.

Minho giggled. "Open it!" he encouraged him.

Chan shook his head fondly but did as he was told. He opened the box to find a new, shiny broomstick inside. But it wasn't just any broomstick!

"Is that...? Minho! You really shouldn't have," Chan exclaimed.

In the box lay the new Nimbus 7000, a model that the Gryffindor had been saving up for since summer.

"This must have been so expensive! I can't possibly..." he trailed off, gently running his fingers over the gorgeous broomstick.

"It wasn't that expensive. I know a guy... and you really want it. So, just take it as some sort of... early birthday present," Minho told him.

Chan looked up at his boyfriend, snorting. "It's March. My birthday's in October!"

Minho shrugged. "Very early, then," he answered, still with the grin on his face.

The older gently put the broomstick aside before stepping closer to Minho and giving him a hug. "Thank you, really... I don't even know what to say," Chan said, trying to put all the sincerity he felt into his words.

Minho wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's waist. "It's okay, you don't have to say anything..."

"Isn't that kind of bad for your team, though? You just helped your rival out a lot," Chan joked.

Minho chuckled and pulled out of the hug. "Don't worry, babe. We're still going to win against you guys at the end of the year," he told his boyfriend with a confident grin on his face.

Chan shoved him playfully, eyes already wandering back to the broomstick.

"You wanna give this baby a try?" Minho asked.

Chan nodded excitedly and reached for Minho's hand, before making his way to the Quidditch field. He felt like a little boy on Christmas morning.

He got onto the broomstick and pushed himself off the ground. Minho stayed on the ground watching him with a fond smile playing on his lips.

"How is it?" he called up. Chan flew a few circles around the younger, who giggled in response.

"It's amazing! It's like I'm... I don't know... flying!"

"You're such a dork," Minho told him.

Chan only laughed and flew around some more. "Get up here," he called out to his boyfriend, who wasn't going to let him ask twice. He joined the older up in the air, proceeding to chase him through the air. Of course, he didn't stand a chance against Chan's new model.

He loved seeing Chan excited like this. Maybe the present had been a little too expensive and not very romantic, but it came from Minho's heart and as long as Chan was happy, he was too.

~

They decided to head back up to the castle after about an hour since it was really late and they didn't want to risk getting caught. Chan still felt giddy about the present, but a part of him still wanted to know why Minho had decided to go all out, all of a sudden.

"Did Felix tell you that I wanted this broomstick?" he spoke up, making Minho, who had been lost in his own thoughts, look at him.

"Yeah, I asked him for advice because I honestly didn't know what I could possibly get you..." the younger answered. "I didn't want you to think that I just take your gifts for granted. I wanted to give back..."

They reached the entrance hall and Chan reached for Minho's sleeve to make him stop walking to face him completely. "Did my gifts make you feel burdened? Because that's not–"

Minho shook his head wildly and cupped Chan's cheeks. "Not, that's not it at all! I think I just wanted to show you that I'm not... just, you know..." he trailed off.

Chan furrowed his brows in confusion and tilted his head.

"I felt like I only ever showed you affection with my body. And I just felt like giving you something that would make you happy because I love you and I want you to know that..." Minho rambled. Chan chuckled. It was rare for the younger to get shy, but if it happened it was about stuff regarding feelings.

"I do know that... I love you, too, Min," he answered. Minho smiled and laced their fingers together again.

Before he either of them could say anything else, though, someone cleared their throat. Chan and Minho spun around to find Professor McGonagall standing there, glaring.

"I'm sure you two would like to explain what you're doing out of bed at this ungodly hour," she said sternly.

Chan smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of his head. "We're sorry, Professor..."

Needless to say, they got an earful and a whole weekend of detention, but Chan and Minho would both be lying if he said it wasn't worth it.