I am NOT [a friend]

I am NOT [Stray Kids Hogwarts AU One Shot series]

Heyy look at me not posting super late for a change!

I'm back with a new one shot for you guys. I know I said that this one was most likely going to be Changlix again but I had to switch some things up, so I will bring you Jisung and Eunseo today. It's short and in my opinion, it's also not the best thing I've ever written but I hope you guys will like it anyway!

Let's get started!

 

"Jisung!"

The Ravenclaw in question jumped in surprise, shooting the librarian an apologetic look for the disturbance, before glancing up at the person who had caused it in the first place.

Out of all the people who could have possibly disrupted his studies, he definitely hadn't expected to see Lee Jangjun.

The seventh year grinned and took the seat across from Jisung, loosening his Slytherin tie.

"Um... what can I do for you?" Jisung questioned in confusion. He didn't think he had ever exchanged more than two words with Jangjun, so he couldn't imagine what he could possibly want from him.

"What's Eunseo's favorite food?" Jisung's brows furrowed.

He was getting more confused by the second. "Steak, why?"

Jangjun grinned again. "Well, it's her birthday soon, so I figured I could try asking her out," he said.

Jisung spluttered, unsure if he had heard that correctly. "You want to what? Why the hell would you ask her out and come to me about it?" he asked, raising his voice a little bit too much. When he looked up the librarian was just wordlessly pointing at the door. Jisung bowed his head in apology.

"Well, you're her friend, aren't you? I just figured you'd know what she likes," Jangjun replied to his earlier question.

Jisung looked at him, trying to figure out if he was playing games with him. He seemed to genuinely believe that he was nothing more than was Eunseo's friend, though.

"I'm sorry to disappoint, but I'm not her friend. We're dating. We have been dating since January," he clarified, his tone sour.

Jangjun's eyes widened almost comically. He rose from his seat again. "That definitely changes things. Sorry for asking. You just didn't give off a couple-vibe, so I figured you were like her gay friend or something," he explained.

Her gay friend?

Was that what he seemed like to people?

"Well you're mistaken!" Jisung answered bitterly. He gathered his books and also rose from his seat before leaving the library without further words.

He wasn't exactly angry, rather confused. Did he really not seem like Eunseo's boyfriend at all? Apparently not, if guys even came to him for dating advice regarding his girlfriend.

"If you keep glaring like that you'll burn a hole into someone," a female voice spoke up, ripping him from his thoughts.

He hadn't even realized that he was in the courtyard near the Transfigurations classroom until he looked up to find out, who was talking to him.

Mina, Jinwoo's girlfriend, was sitting underneath a tree with a book in her lap.

"Sorry," Jisung said with a sigh. "What's bothering you?" his fellow Ravenclaw questioned. Jisung slumped his shoulders and sat down across from her in the grass. He didn't answer immediately, unsure how to explain the problem. In the end, he settled for a simple question.

"Do I seem gay to you?"

Mina clearly hadn't expected that. "Why would you seem like anything? Aren't you with Eunseo?" she asked.

Jisung sighed again, thinking back to his encounter with Jangjun. "I am, and I really like her, but apparently some people didn't realize that we're together... someone just came up to me asking for her favorite food, so he could ask her out," he recounted with a pout on his face.

Mina chuckled. The younger didn't really see this as a laughing matter. "Well, to answer your previous question, you don't seem gay to me. Then again, you can't really assume these kinds of things about anyone, can you? At the beginning of the year everybody thought that Jinwoo was gay, remember?"

Jisung nodded slowly. It had come as a surprise for everyone when Jinwoo had suddenly claimed that he had a girlfriend.

"Do you also remember what he did about it?" Mina asked.

"He got you pregnant," he answered. He wasn't sure if that was the answer to his problems.

Mina girl laughed. "Not what I meant," she told him, hand absent-mindedly covering her slowly showing baby bump. "He did nothing. He let people believe what they wanted. You know you're with Eunseo and so does she. You trust her, don't you?" she continued. Jisung nodded. "Then you have nothing to worry about. Even if anyone goes and asks her out, she will tell them that she has a boyfriend," Mina assured him.

He hadn't thought about it like that, if he was being honest. Sure, Eunseo wouldn't just agree to go out with someone just because they asked.

"You're right..." Jisung said.

Mina smiled. "Of course, I am."

Jisung got up. "Thanks, Mina!" he said sincerely.

She waved off. "Happy to help."

He grinned. "Well then, I have to go. It's my girlfriend's birthday soon and I have absolutely nothing planned," he told her. Mina laughed again.

"Go on, then," she answered.

~

"What are you doing on your birthday?" Jisung asked Eunseo around two hours later when they were eating lunch together. He had already planned a whole date in his head. He had thought about making it a surprise, but he was too excited to wait.

Eunseo looked surprised at the sudden question. "Um, nothing really... I'm not big on celebrating it," she answered honestly.

"Then why don't you spend it with me? We could go somewhere," Jisung suggested, a grin spreading on his face.

Eunseo smiled, but it seemed a little pressed. "Thanks, but I want to focus on studying and Quidditch. We should just let my birthday pass as a normal day and do nothing..."

The younger's grin fell at her unenthusiastic response.

Had Eunseo just rejected him before he had even told her his plans?

"So, you wouldn't go on a date with me on a 'normal day'? I'm starting to see why people don't see me as your boyfriend," Jisung muttered under his breath, but she seemed to have heard him anyway.

"What?" Eunseo asked, clearly not knowing what the younger was talking about.

Jisung suddenly felt a little angry. He simply didn't take her rejection very well, after the day he had.

"Forget it. I have to go," Jisung said, shoving his plate away and getting up, storming out of the Great Hall. He could see some of his friends giving him questioning looks, but he ignored all of them.

~

Seungmin found him not long after his little fight with Eunseo. Well, it hadn't really been a fight, but it sure felt like one. Jisung had tried to distract himself with studying at his favorite spot at the lake.

Needless to say, it hadn't really helped a lot. He was still thinking about any potential reasons for Eunseo not wanting to celebrate her birthday with him.

"Are you alright?" Seungmin questioned, as he sat down next to him.

Jisung shrugged. "I don't know," he mumbled.

"Did you fight with Eunseo?" Seungmin asked next.

"Kind of..." Jisung replied. He shut his book and set it down next to him in the grass, before bringing his knees to his chest and hugging them.

It was silent for a while. Jisung knew that Seungmin was waiting for him to explain, but that he also wouldn't push him if he didn't want to. Eventually, he let out a sigh before telling his best friend all about his messed-up day, grateful when Seungmin listened until the end without interrupting.

"Did you consider the possibility that she might not want to celebrate her birthday because she has a reason..." Seungmin suggested carefully, once Jisung was finished.

"Of course, I considered that. It's just that I'm a who doesn't know jack about relationships. I keep messing them up. It was just a matter of time until I messed this one up too..." he answered.

"Hey, you should stop giving up so easily. You like her, don't you? You literally fought a guy for her," Seungmin reminded him. Jisung nodded. "And you care about her, right?" Another nod. "Then you should get your up and apologize to her for overreacting, instead of sulking out here," the younger told him.

A few months ago, he never would have thought that he would get advice from Seungmin, regarding relationships, but he knew that his friend was right.

He picked up his book and got up. "I guess you're right," he said.

Seungmin grinned. "Of course, I am," he answered.

Jisung scoffed in amusement. "I've heard that before..."

~

It didn't take Jisung very long to find Eunseo. Just as he had figured, she was on the Quidditch field practicing. He decided not to disturb her and wait for her to finish, sitting down in the spectator's area. She was graceful as ever, like she belonged right on that field.

He smiled when he remembered how he had made a fool of himself the first time they had played against each other because he had been so distracted by her beauty.

Back then, people had already said that she was out of his league, but he had faced the wrath of her ex-boyfriend and won her heart eventually.

He wasn't going to throw that away because of one bad day.

Eunseo seemed to have spotted him. She flew over on her broomstick and landed between the rows of benches.

"Did you come here to snap at me again?" she questioned.

Jisung got up and ran a hand through his hair. "I deserve that one, I guess. But no, I came here to apologize..." he said sheepishly.

She sat down and looked at him expectantly. "I'm listening," she said.

Jisung took a breath. "I'm sorry for snapping at you and walking out on you at lunch. I was childish," he began. Eunseo raised her eyebrows, silently urging him to go on. "I should have been more considerate about you not wanting to celebrate your birthday with me. It's your birthday and your decision."

"It's not that I don't want to spend my birthday with you. I just genuinely don't enjoy my birthday. Never have. And there's no traumatic experience behind it, if that's what you're thinking. I think wanting to be the center of attention is a human thing, but I'd much rather achieve that through something I did, not because I was born on a certain day. Quidditch for example. I'm good at it, so I don't mind when people celebrate me for helping the team win a game," Eunseo explained.

It made a lot of sense to Jisung and he suddenly felt like even more of a .

"I've kind of made it a habit to do nothing special on my birthday because I want it to be like any other day. And I should have told you that..." she continued.

"Why didn't you?" Jisung questioned. He didn't sound accusing, just curious.

"Because I was scared you wouldn't understand. My ex didn't. He insisted on taking me out on my birthday, and I hated it. I told him I didn't want it, but he thought I was just 'playing coy' or some ," Eunseo replied, scrunching up her face at the memory.

Jisung smiled and reached for her hand. "Thanks for telling me. I should have asked about it earlier. If this is what you want, then I will happily ignore your birthday completely," he assured her with a grin.

She chuckled and rested her head on his shoulder. "Thank you..." she muttered. They sat like this for a while, before Eunseo lifted her head again and looked at Jisung.

"By the way... what did you mean when you said that people didn't see you as my boyfriend?" she asked.

Jisung made a face. He had almost forgotten about that. He didn't want to lie to her, so he didn't.

"This morning, a guy asked me for advice to ask you out because he didn't realize we were dating. He said that I seemed like your gay friend or something. It was what threw me off in the first place. I don't know why people think that we're just friends, but I have decided not to care..." Jisung told her.

"I don't know why people around here care so much about other people's relationships in the first place. This castle is full of gossipers..." Eunseo complained.

Jisung furrowed his brows. "Wait, do people really gossip about us? I've never heard anything..." he asked.

"Well, I did hear people speculate whether we were dating or not and if you had "stolen me" from Jaewon or if you were just my new gay best friend..." Eunseo explained.

"So, you knew about that rumor? You never said anything..." Jisung said.

Eunseo gave his hand a squeeze. "I didn't care. I still don't. You and I know what happened between us and how I feel about you. I guess I'm considered popular, so the people in this school will always have something to say. I'm not going to purposely feed them with information, and neither should you."

Jisung sighed. How could he not have realized sooner that people were talking about them?

Then again, he did say that he had decided not to care.

Did it really matter to him what other people thought?

He decided that Eunseo was right. They would never stop gossiping.

He remembered his talk with Mina from earlier.

"You know you're with Eunseo and so does she."

"You're right. Let them believe what they want," Jisung agreed.

He hadn't been aware that his relationship was in the spotlight like this and he wasn't sure if he was able to ignore that fact now that he knew, but he sure as hell was going to try...

 

I'm not really satisfied with this. I hope the next one is going to be better..