E is for Everlasting

Third Time's a Charm

A/N: Anyone who noticed what I did with each title of the last few chapters gets a đŸȘ(also this is another short chapter)


 

 

 

Renjun tried to form a response to the odd remark but got cut off by the soft lips of his best friend. The feeling was so odd and yet so familiar. Warmth spread through their bodies as they allowed themselves to fall into ecstasy. Only a moment passed until Jaemin started to move his lips against the other’s, silently hoping he would get the message. It was a bit awkward for the older to say the least, yet he understood what he should have been doing.

 

They moved with caution, not wanting to make any sudden movements for fear one would pull away too soon. Jaemin feared that if he tried to bring Renjun closer, he would get punched to which he really couldn’t be upset about. Renjun on the other hand feared that he wasn’t going to move at all and cause Jaemin to end the dare too soon. The pure anticipation of what the other would do next ate away while they stayed connected.

 

‘You better move , or things are gonna get even more awkward’ and on que, Jaemin s his free arm around the slim waist. Instinct took over his body; he allowed himself to slip into the emotions he had tried so hard to burry. Renjun accepted every bit of what was happening, from allowing the arm around his waist to remain there to suddenly being fully pinned against the wall. In the moment, everything felt so natural and so right between them. ‘If only things could stay like this: just the two of us together with no barriers’. Unfortunately, this was still a dare and their time had run out.

 

“Ten seconds is up my kids. I’m surprised you took so long to—WHOA!”

 

The door to the closet had been flung open by none other than the human dolphin himself and the sight that greeted him was way more than what he expected. Jaemin had Renjun completely relaxed in his touch.

 

“Well this went better than I thought.”

 

“Lele, what is taking so lo—OH MY GOD.”

 

Jisung had joined his boyfriend just in case things were looking bad, but clearly that was not the case. At the sound of the youngest screaming the two boys slowly pulled away from each other; eyes carefully reopening to make sure it wasn’t just a dream. Jaemin let Renjun’s arms fall to his sides there they had been before and smiled. He had no intention of going so far in the dare but the problem with the mind and the body is that they tend to stop communicating when one does not need them to.

 

“Huang Renjun, do my eyes deceive me, are you perhaps
 BLUSHING???”

 

He groaned at the teasing from the youngest, grabbing onto Jaemin’s shirt and stuffing his face into it. The attempted at hiding his tomato red cheeks wasn’t good, they could still see the color and the obvious smile that he wore.


“Well that was quite interesting and thank you for doing that. BACK TO THE GAME!”

 

The pair ran down the hall to tell the tale of RenMin in the closet, leaving the two in shock.

 

“I really can’t believe that little rat.”

 

“What do you mean Injun?”

 

Renjun shot Jaemin a slight glare, smacking his chest lightly.

 

“Don’t you start with me Na Jaemin.”

“He wasn’t even born in the year of the rat. He’s the year of the snake.”

 

“Rat, snake; same thing to me. He’s a pest.”

 

“Whatever you say.”

 

Jaemin flicked him in the forehead with a smile as bright as the sun on his lips. In that moment it occurred to Renjun that he loves that smile; it gives him a warm feeling in the pit of his stomach.

 

“You’re too cute Injun, I might just have to kiss you again.”

 

“What?”

 

“I’m kidding, I know how you feel. Let’s go back to the others.”

 

“Jaemin, wait a minute.”

 

“Hm?”

 

“What you just said
 were you serious?”

 

“If you want it to be then yes, if not then no. I respect you Renjun, you know that.”

 

“Thanks
”

 

It looked as though his words had deflated the boy in front of him ever so slightly. Jaemin didn’t like to pout beginning to form on his lips.

 

“Wow, sad does not look good on you.”

 

“Na Jaemin!”

 

Said male laughed, pinched the other’s cheek then bolted down the hall to the living room with Renjun chasing after him. When they entered the room, everyone started cheering for the long-awaited moment.

 

“Was this the highlight of your lives?”
 

“Hyuck, do you really have to be like that?”

 

“I’m just asking since you’re the one who made them do it Chenle.”

 

“Guys, it was fine. We did the dare; end of story.”

 

A flicker of something could be seen in the older Chinese boys’ eyes at those words: ‘we did the dare; end of story’. The way Jaemin spoke was too natural, that was the thought Renjun had in that moment. From his body language to his words, everything was just too casual after what had happened between them: he didn’t like it.

 

“No need to get uptight Nana, you don’t have to relay the details. I’m honestly just glad you did it without someone getting punched.”

 

“Thanks, Kun, real encouraging
”

 

“It’s my turn, right?”

 

“Oh, yeah. Go ahead Renjun.”

 

“Jeno, truth or dare?”

 

“Dare?”

 

“I dare you to rap for us.”

 

“DUDE WHY?”

 

“You said you’re good! I wanna hear it and I’m sure the others do too, right guys?”

 

“Jeno you rap?”

 

“What the Hell and you didn’t tell us?”

 

Chenle and Jisung were the most offended out of the group, then again, they are the youngest and often take advantage of not having to be serious all the time.

 

“Come on Jen, a dare is a dare.”

 

“Huang Renjun you will pay, but fine. I’ll rap for you guys. Mark, I need some assistance.”

 

“Sure thing.”