I is for Instinct

Third Time's a Charm

A/N: This chapter will be more dialogue rather than written descriptions. I tried to make it as clear as possible to tell who’s speaking but there might be some confusion. If that happens the following dialogue or the previous dialogue should give a hint as to who is speaking to who


 

 

 

 

“Should we go oldest to youngest?”

 

“That’s a horrible idea Mark. Rock paper scissors between Ten and Winwin, whoever wins best two out of three gets to start.”

 

That earned Haechan a smack to the head, which was not followed up by a kiss to make the pain go away. Jisung tried to hide his laughter, failing miserably, as he watched them fight for the second time that night.

 

“Ten, don’t pull a Jisung on me. This is rock paper scissors, what the is that?”

 

“I resent that statement, hyung.”

 

“You resent a lot of things Jisung, but we don’t talk about that.”

 

Sicheng rolled his eyes at the others; it wasn’t that amusing to cause him pain was it?

 

“Just go first Winwin, I don’t really care, and it’ll save us time.”

 

“Fine. Kun, truth or dare?”

 

“Truth.”

 

The youngest of the group groaned in annoyance: even after all these years their hyungs always managed to make games boring. They stuck with the safe route rather than taking chances, after all this is just a game between old friends. What could possibly happen that would hurt any of them?

 

“Did you lie about not wanting to go on a date with me in college?”

 

“No, I didn’t lie. Why would I even talk to you if I didn’t like you even a little bit?”

 

“Fair point. You’re turn.”

 

“Haechan, truth or dare?”

 

“Dare old man, show me what you got.”

 

“I dare you to go outside without your clothes on and dance to black suit.”

 

“Are you kidding me Kun? I could get arrested.”

 

“Shh, do you gys smell that? Is that the smell of fear?”

 

“Choke.”

 

The scene that followed remains regrettable to the whole group: Haechan pulled off the dare well, but they all agreed to never make a repeat. While in the middle of the questionable dare, one of Renjun’s neighbors came outside to bring out the trash bin and was met with an unfortunate sight. A boxer clad Haechan stood on the front lawn with wide eyes and brilliant red cheeks as the two noticed one another. Luckily, the neighbor ignored the sight; opting to return to their house without pressing charges against the boys.

 

Once they were all seated again, they overlooked the fact that Jaemin had completed his task long ago. He took up the same position on the floor; legs crossed and leaning back on his hands while Renjun sat down on his lap. The sight had become very familiar to the group or they had noticed there was no change but decided against saying anything.

 

“We are never doing that again.”

 

“Hurry up old man we aren’t getting any younger.”

 

“Just for that Jisung, truth or dare?”

 

“Dare, I’m not a baby.”

 

“I dare you to kiss Jaemin.”

 

“You are not making my boyfriend kiss him Hyuck.”

 

“See Chenle, because this is truth or dare, I can and I am.”

 

The young Chinese boy turned red as a tomato as he locked eyes with Haechan. In his mind, this was the worst thing that could happen.

 

“You’re so cute when you’re fuming Lele. Though I have to agree with you; I am not kissing Jaemin on the lips.”

 

Jaemin turned his head towards the three boys across from him, glaring slightly at Jisung and Haechan for their comments. It wasn’t as though he was offended by any of their words, he could easily let them slide. What bothered him was the fact that everyone in the room, minus Renjun himself, knew how he felt. They all knew how much of a crush he had and although the chances of him getting a date were slim, he didn’t want to ruin that.

 

“I am offended. My lips are great.”

 

“Says who? You’ve never kissed anyone.”

 

“I may not have had my first kiss yet Chenle, but I have lips of silk.”

 

“How the do you know this brat?”

 

“Ignoring that one. Give me your hand Ten.”

 

“Na Jaemin, have you completely lost your ?”

 

“I have not lost my Sicheng, just trust me.”

 

He held out his hand to Ten who switched from looking into his eyes and back at his hand. The request wasn’t difficult by any means, but the younger had a way of drawing you in and getting you to do what he wants. It’s the smile he wears and the warmth in his eyes that makes everyone listen to him; everyone that is, minus Renjun because he lives with it every day.

 

“Fine Jaemin, but don’t do anything weird.”
 

“You’re one of the weirdest people here, I don’t think you have the right to talk.”

 

Begrudgingly, he gave his hand to the ginger haired boy who held back a smile.

 

“I promise you’ll understand what I mean after this.”

 

Jaemin brought Ten’s hand up to his lips, pausing to make eye with the man in front of him. It was amusing really; seeing the older be in such a panicked state of being when usually he’s the confident type. With a small wink he pressed his lips to the back of Tens’ hand, making sure to stay that way for a moment in order to get the full effect.

 

“Oh my god… Jaemin you said you never kissed anyone before.”

 

The second he pulled away from the other’s hand, he noticed the slightest blush on the boy’s cheeks. Taeyong wouldn’t be too pleased but being longtime friends with someone means there are a few exceptions to the rules. Ten stared down at the hand that he been kissed; part of him was shocked while the other suddenly understood what Jaemin had meant.

 

“What I said wasn’t a lie Mark. I’ve never kissed anyone, but my lips are like silk.”

 

“That’s actually true. You’d be surprised but… wow.”

 

“I don’t lie.”

 

“Thanks for the insight you guys but I still have to kiss you Jaemin.”

 

At those words said male could feel Renjun shift in his lap; clearly, he wasn’t too happy with the idea, but played it off as though he was fixing his sitting position. No one noticed the disturbed expression, all they could see was what seemed like pain contort his entire face.

 

“You okay Injun?”

 

“Yeah, just trying to have my not become numb.”

 

“There’s this thing called notsitting on Jaemin. You two finished the task a long time ago, or… Do you two enjoy sitting like that?”

 

“Shut up Chenle. Jisung just kiss me on the cheek so we can all move on with our lives, yeah?”

 

“Then I guess I’m kissing you on the cheek.”

 

Jisung stood up, swiftly making his way over to Jaemin who still had Renjun on his lap and arms wrapped around his waist. They physically look as though they’re dating and emotionally the two feel the same way.

 

“I’ll make this quick.”

 

He bent down to the other boy’s level then pressed his lips to his cheek. The kiss was quick, thank god, and soon Jisung found himself back in the arms of his boyfriend. Chenle isn’t usually the jealous type, but today he needed to let himself act in such a way.

 

“I need disinfectant now.”

 

“I’m going to choose to ignore those words since I’m the one who had to kiss you.”

 

Jaemin whipped his cheek with his sleeve, trying to hide his face behind Renjun as much as possible.

 

“Awe, look at our Nana clinging onto our baby Injunnie. You two are so cute.”

 

Both boys flushed red: this was horribly embarrassing. Looking closely at the two, Ten had realized that no matter what happened Jaemin would always hold tight to Renjun in some way. Whether it be holding hands, an arm around the shoulders, or hugging he could always find the younger boy attached.

 

“Let’s just move on Ten. Jisung go ahead.”

 

“Okay, next target is Mark. Truth or dare?”

 

“Truth.”

 

“You owe me your first-born child for that.”

 

Ten smacked Jisung in the arm while shooting nonexistent arrows at him with his eyes. Everyone knew that the youngest had a way with words, but they didn’t realize what that meant.

 

“Do you ever say anything encouraging?”

 

“Ten, why would I try to be encouraging?”

 

“Duly noted for the future.”

 

“Anyway, Mark, would you kill Hyuck if you knew you’d get paid?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“WHY WAS THERE NO HESITATION?!?!”

 

“I’M GETTING PAID YOU .”

 

“WHY DO YOU HATE ME???”

 

“UH?? I’M YOUR BOYFRIEND???”

 

“THAT’S THE POINT YOU DUMB.”

 

“Stop yelling! It’s done, just live with it and bicker later. Mark, please go next.”

 

The three oldest had their hands clamped over their ears from the shrill cries of the Diva himself. When it comes to Heachan there will always be yelling of some sort and usually it is directed towards his poor boyfriend Mark.

 

“Sicheng, truth or dare.”

 

“Dare.”

 

“I dare you to go outside and scream as loud as you can.”

 

“Wow, we really did go back to middle school. Alright then.”

 

Sicheng swiftly exited the house, leaving the other boys to watch from the windows with anticipation crawling up their spines. They watched him glance around a few times to scan the surrounding area. When he was sure he could yell he took a deep breath and unleashed his scream. Well, the other boys wouldn’t necessarily call it a scream; it was more akin to the sound of a baby tiger trying to roar for the first time.

 

“Renjun, truth or dare.”

 

“Truth.”

 

“Did no one take me seriously when I said I’m owed their first-born child???”


“Once again gnoring that. Renjun, would you date someone in this room?”

 

“Sicheng, you know I don’t have an answer for that.”

 

“I know you have an answer, you’ve talked to me about it.”

 

“Okay, fine. I’d date Hyuck.”

 

Sicheng shot Renjun a death glare from across the circle, luckily it went unnoticed by the others due to the sounds of Haechan and Mark gagging. He knew that was an outright lie the instant he saw his friend roll his eyes. Out of everyone in the group, the only person he would consider dating is Jaemin. Those two are joined at the hip; they have been there for each other during the good and back times. He knew that deep down, no matter how hard Renjun tried to stop himself he wouldn’t be able to.

 

Then there was the matter of Jaemin; the boy who loves his best friend so much he would do anything in the world to make him happy. As far as Sicheng was concerned they needed to understand how the other felt. Tonight, would be the night to get them to pay attention and then maybe things would sort themselves out. Glancing over at Kun he nodded his head as a signal that someone in the group would have to do the dirty work: get Renjun and Jaemin to kiss each other in this game.

 

A few more rounds of the game were played, the group didn’t want Jaemin and Renjun to notice what they had planned. Once it was Chenle’s turn to ask, he stared directly at the Chinese boy across from him. The next few minutes would be difficult for everyone in the room, he knew that well, but it had to be done. They needed to see each other’s true colors and under this hazed lighting it was hard to view.

 

“Ge, truth or dare?”

 

“Dare I guess.”

 

“You have to do this dare, you do not get to back out. Understand?”

 

“I’m scared but… yes, I understand.”

 

“Cool, then I dare you to kiss Jaemin on the lips for ten seconds.”