CHAPTER 9

Mistakenly Meant for You

3RD PERSON

 


Sunhee arrived in front of her locker to put her books and some of her stuff inside of it. She can’t help but to feel sad about what happened earlier with Vernon.

“It doesn’t even make sense at all. There’s no point at bullying Vernon? Because of what? That he is a halfer? Tss.” She mumbled as she placed the last book on her locker. She believes that no one should be bullied because of their race, heck, she firmly believes that no one should be bullied at all. It’s unacceptable to be called at for being who you are. Well unless you’re an .

Her train of thoughts was stopped momentarily as she senses that someone is beside her because of the sound of the heels but she just shrugged it off, thinking it was just a student having her own business with her locker.

Sunhee flinched when that someone slam her locker door close. Her eyebrows were knitted to see a glaring a witch in front of her. It is the girl whom she made fun with at the bus. Mingyu’s fangirls.

“Talking to herself, are we? What a weirdo?” The girl scanned Sunhee from head to toe and even made a ‘tch’ sound afterwards.

“I don’t have the energy to fight you. Leave me alone.” Sunhee rolled her eyes then walked out but before she even made a step, the girl gripped on Sunhee’s wrist that caused her to yelp.

“What are you doing? Let me go!” She hissed as she tried to get away from the girl’s hard grip. She even felt that her nails are already digging on her skin. Mortified, that’s what Sunhee is right now. She didn’t believe that this girl is capable of doing such ruthless act. Being physical and all of that. The latter just smirked at her while her goons chuckled. They are enjoying the fact that Sunhee feels so vulnerable and can’t even defend herself.

“Do I look like an idiot to you? After what you did to me yesterday? Do you think that I will just let you off! Not in front of Mingyu, you !” Her minions started to laugh at Sunhee’s miserable state. They know that she can’t fight back or else Sunhee will be kicked out from this school. This makes Sunhee really angry because she can’t do anything to protect herself.

Sunhee can feel her tears will eventually escape from her eyes any minute now but she decided to fight it back, not wanting to see them her weak side, not like this. One of the girls opened her bottled juice to drink but she decided that it would be fun to pour it on Sunhee.

“Oops.” The acted like she was surprised while continue pouring the sticky liquid on Sunhee’s head.

“What the !” Sunhee gasped as she tried pry away again the hand of the girl but then again, no avail. Sunhee just hopes that someone out there would help her, but it is too early for anyone to visit the locker area.

“First, our Mingyu. I don’t know how do you have the guts to hang out with him? Are you that really stupid? Then what now? Our Wonwoo, too? You witch! You are luring them, aren’t you?” Her nails dug deeper. It felt like her words are poison to Sunhee. It’s not like it’s her fault anyway that they are friends since Kindergarten days. And to Wonwoo, she didn’t know that it will turn out to be like this. If she did know from the very start, Sunhee would be gladly to stay away from him to avoid ruckus like this.

‘Please someone, help.’ Sunhee prayed, still struggling from that witch’s grip. She can see that her blood is already dripping because of her long and sharp nails.

Sunhee was wondering if she intentionally made her nails like this.           

 

 

“SUNHEE!”

 

 

 

The girls looked for the person who had just shouted. They are ready to shout at him for interfering but immediately backed down. Well it was their beloved Kim Mingyu for crying out loud. The three girls’ mouth were agape, surprised to see Mingyu fuming in anger. The once oh-so-cheeky Kim Mingyu scurried towards Sunhee, frustration is evident on his orbs. A rare moment as I may say.

“Who the hell do you think you are!?” He shouted at the three bullies. The grasp from Sunhee’s wrist loosen because of Mingyu’s presence that somehow made them feel ashamed of what they have done. Or maybe they are scared because it is the first time they saw Mingyu acting like this. Angry and Mingyu cannot go together in a sentence but there are first times for everything.

 

“Are you okay? Did they hurt you?” Mingyu wiped the orange juice off of her face but Mingyu can see that she is starting to tear up.

 

‘Why am I so weak? Why didn’t I fight back?’ Sunhee thought as she violently wiped her tears away.

 

Before Mingyu can even clean her messy and sticky face, Sunhee run as fast as she could away from them. Sunhee’s vision become so blurry because of the tears which are pooling from her eyes, preventing her to see the halls clearly.

Her mind was so distracted that she didn’t notice that someone took a turn and made her head bumped on that person’s chest. But before she could even land on her own , that person immediately caught her waist. Sunhee, once again, harshly wiped the tears to see who it is.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘! Not him!’ Sunhee cursed on her mind.

 

 

It was Wonwoo. He has this worried look because it is obvious that Sunhee looked like a mess and it softened him.

“Are you okay, Sunhee-ssi?” Wonwoo asked as he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. This gesture made Sunhee’s already flushed cheeks add another shade of red.

‘Of course she is not, Wonwoo! You dumb.’ Wonwoo thought.

Sunhee cannot contain this mixed emotion that she is feeling right now. She wants to explode right away.

“Uh… Excuse me. Sorry.” Sunhee let go from his grasp and started to run away again.

 

“Sunhee!” Wonwoo called her out but she didn’t even hesitate to look back causing him to heave a sigh. Wonwoo was thinking what the hell happened to Sunhee. He knows that the girl is capable of protecting herself but what bothers him is who are responsible for this.

Wonwoo stopped from spacing out as he could hear another set of heavy footsteps and he can see who it is because of his height.

“Have you seen Sunhee?” Mingyu paused to ask Wonwoo. He didn’t have to catch his breath, his trainings made him that way causing Wonwoo to frown.

“She went there.” Wonwoo pointed the direction that is leading towards the garden. Mingyu nodded and started to run again, not bothered on thanking the former.

“Make her feel better!” Wonwoo shouted. Well he is not heartless after all unlike what the others think.

“You don’t have to say it because I will.” Mingyu shouted back, still not stopping from running.

 

Good thing it is too early because there are no students who have witnessed what just happened. Sunhee couldn’t bare the embarrassment if that would happen around number of students.