Two (2)

You Who Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Over the course of the next few days, Kyungsoo was relieved to find that Sehun was getting along with the others and opening up more but she couldn't have been more wrong. During recess Sehun was cornered by Kim Jiwoo who never said anything nice about anyone. He started saying mean things to Sehun for no reason only to get a reaction.

"You don't have a mommy right? No wonder you're so weird." Sehun remained silent. 

"Poor Sehun doesn't even have a mommy to run to," Jiwoo taunted. Sehun's face hardened, trying not to let his hurt show.

"I don't need a mommy. I have my appa."

"Oh, your appa? Does he play with you? Does he even talk with you?" Sehun grew angry.

"I don't know why you care about my family so much but I don't think you should say anything about my appa."

"What are you going to do about it?" Sehun's face grew red before he pushed Jiwoo to the ground and threw a weak punch. At that moment Kyungsoo appeared. 

"Park Sehun! What are you doing?" Sehun looked down at his feet. Jiwoo began to cry as Kyungsoo looked at Sehun disappointedly. Kyungsoo helped Jiwoo up who smirked at Sehun before continuing to cry before she looked at Sehun disappointedly. "Come on, let's talk." Sehun followed Kyungsoo while dragging his feet. Once they entered the classroom, Kyungsoo sat them both down before looking at Sehun with disappointed eyes. 

"Park Sehun, can you tell me why you pushed Jiwoo?" Sehun remained silent. Kyungsoo sighed before she turned towards Jiwoo. 

"What happened Jiwoo?" Jiwoo pretended to sniffle and dry his eyes before speaking making Sehun scoff. Kyungsoo looked at Sehun as he did and Sehun immediately looked down before she turned back. 

"I was just trying to ask Sehun if we could play together but he just pushed and punched me out of nowhere."

"Is this true Sehun? I know you're not the type to do this so I'm having a little trouble understanding why you would suddenly do this." Sehun remained silent. Kyungsoo got up and went to Jiwoo's side. "Do you want to go to the nurse for your cheek?" When Jiwoo shook his head, Kyungsoo took him back outside telling Sehun to stay. Kyungsoo returned to the classroom and sat in front of Sehun again and just remained silent. Sehun stared at Kyungsoo curiously. 

"I'm willing to wait to hear your side of the story. I know you wouldn't push Jiwoo for no reason so take as long as you need." 

"Aren't you busy?"

"Never for you Sehun-ah." With those words Sehun started crying every time he had attempted to tell someone about anything, they always seemed too busy:

"Appa, I -"

"I'm really sorry Sehun but can you please tell me later, I have to finish this proposal by today."

"Mrs. Kim, today I-"

"That's great Sehun-ah. I really have to do the laundry now but that sounded like fun."

Sehun turned back dejected and from then on Sehun learned that keeping everything in is better than annoying the adults. The way that Kyungsoo said it made Sehun feel comfortable enough to say something without feeling like a burden or annoyance. 

"I was just playing by myself since Tao wasn't here today but suddenly Jiwoo came up to me and started saying mean things about how I didn't have a mommy and how my appa is not a good one. I told him to stop but he wouldn't." Kyungsoo remained silent for a little before going around the table to envelope him in a hug. 

"I thought it was something like that. But you still shouldn't have pushed him. You should have came to get me... Are you okay though? Do you want to stay in here or go outside?"

"Inside." Kyungsoo ruffled Sehun's hair and nodded. As she turned around, her face hardened as she went to get Jiwoo. After she lectured Jiwoo sternly about talking bad about other people's parents, the day went fairly smoothly. However, when Jiwoo's mom came to pick Jiwoo up, she immediately noticed the scrapes on Jiwoo's hands and the bruise on his face. She marched up to Kyungsoo who remained with Sehun who had yet to be picked up and shoved Jiwoo's hands in Kyungsoo's face along with Jiwoo's face.

"Why does my son have scrapes on his hands and a bruise on his fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter