Eight (8)

You Who Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kyungsoo stared straight ahead, walking briskly, resolving to not look back. She wouldn’t be able to stand his look of hurt. She quickly punched in the code of her apartment before she closed the door, biting her lips. How could she be so oblivious? Looking back on some friendly outings, he had always attempted to be touchy with her; his affection seemed obvious. She sunk down to the floor, head leaning against the door. I guess it was fate for both of them to be friends, nursing unrequited feelings for people it wouldn’t work out with. She took one look at her closet before throwing it open, looking for a suitable outfit. She really needed a drink.

 

~~~~~~~

 

Her was firmly planted on the seat of the bar, downing drink after drink, lost in her own thoughts. She paid no attention to the loud music blaring in the background nor the men who were glancing at her, clearly attracted. She was too lost in her own little world. She was going to put another bill on the table for another drink when a hand stopped her. She looked up slowly to come face to face with Chanyeol. She drunkenly smiled before bursting into tears. He looked panicked for a moment before he gently embraced her, letting her face fall into his chest as she continued crying. He looked around him for a moment before he resolved to send her back home. He reassuringly patted her back, thankful that his meeting has just ended and that his business partners had left before he had seen her and decided to approach her. Once her cries turned into soft sniffles, Chanyeol struggled to get her into the car. Once she was safely buckled, he started the car, throwing worried looks towards her. Kyungsoo looked out her window with a sad smile before she chuckled sadly. “It’s funny, Hyunsik, how we both ended up falling for people who don’t feel the same way. It would have been easier if I had just fallen for you.” Chanyeol’s ears perked at this before a frown came across his face - she liked someone? Kyungsoo spoke up once more: “But then I guess I wouldn’t have been able to be on the receiving end of his smiles… The ones I can’t help return and fall for.” Chanyeol’s frown deepened, feeling a twinge of jealousy for whoever she was referring to. Her next words made him freeze: “But it’s only fake..” His heart thudded in his chest. Was she referring to him? He opened his mouth to speak but she had already fallen asleep. Tomorrow. He would talk to her tomorrow.

 

~~~~~~~

 

When Kyungsoo woke up she immediately stood up, not recognizing the bedroom. She took a minute to check

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter