Nine (9)

You Who Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The two shyly snuck glances at each other from above Sehun’s head, small smiles playing on their faces. Sehun cheerfully swung his hands that were interlocked with Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, a large smile playing on his face. The three of them walked to the park with bright smiles that seemed infectious, leaving the passersby to smile upon looking at them. Upon reaching the park, Sehun ran off to the swings, Kyungsoo following him with a concerned look on her face. Chanyeol hung back for a moment to simply savor the moment before quickly catching up to Kyungsoo in a couple long strides. He hugged her from behind for a moment, planting a kiss on her cheek. Kyungsoo’s eyes crinkled in a smile as she looked at him with fondness before surprising him with a quick peck on the lips. She then ran off to push Sehun on the swing, laughing, as Chanyeol stood there for a moment in shock. He grinned before moving to Kyungsoo’s side once more as the both of them pushed Sehun, large smiles painted on their faces. After a few more swings, Sehun ran off to play on the slide as Kyungsoo and Chanyeol watched from afar. Sporting identical smiles on their faces, Chanyeol hesitantly reached for her hand, firmly holding onto her hand. Kyungsoo shot him a genuinely happy smile, interlocking her fingers with his. Chanyeol looked around and saw an ice cream truck nearby that made his eyes brighten. He looked down at Kyungsoo before speaking: “I’m going to go get some ice cream for Sehun. Do you want any?” Kyungsoo nodded before speaking with a hesitance in her tone.

“Mint chocolate?” Chanyeol let out a small grimace as Kyungsoo looked on with amusement in her eyes. 

“I take it you’re not a fan?” Chanyeol gave a sheepish smile. 

“It tastes like toothpaste!” Kyungsoo laughed. 

“If you dislike it that much you can just get me chocolate.” Chanyeol grinned. 

“I guess I might as well get used to it now. I’ll be back,” he said as he quickly pressed his lips to her forehead before jogging off. Kyungsoo turned back to look at Sehun with a wide grin on her face, smile widening at seeing how Sehun seemed to have befriended someone. 

“Can I play with you?” Sehun shyly asked. He was met with a bright grin. 

“Sure!” Sehun shot him a grateful smile.

“I’m Sehun!” 

“I’m Chanwoo! I was just playing this game I made up. You have to get from here to that slide

without touching the ground. Whoever gets there first wins!” 

“Okay,” Sehun agreed cheerfully. The two quickly got into position before they carefully started to make their way over to the slide. Sehun used the monkey bars to quickly move on to a series of shaky steps. He glanced back at Chanwoo to see him step on the ground to get to the same spot as Sehun, forgoing the monkey bars. He frowned slightly, before shrugging it off. Maybe you were allowed to step on the ground once? He focused on the task at hand, quickly passing the steps to reach a rope ladder. He quickly fit his foot on one of rungs, unaware of Chanwoo’s scowl at seeing Sehun surpass him so quickly. Chanwoo stomped over to Sehun before tugging his shirt back, making Sehun topple over to the ground. However, his foot, caught on the rope, twisted slightly, causing him to let out a small shriek of pain. Chanwoo quickly covered Sehun’s mouth before looking around anxiously. He feared that he would get in trouble so he quickly grasped his own ankle before letting out a scream.

“Mommy!” A woman came towards them immediately, a frantic look on her face. Sehun scowled. Two could play at this game. 

“Mommy!” At the sound of Sehun’s distressed voice, Kyungsoo didn’t even give a second thought before heading towards the source of the voice. She quickly materiali

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter