Seven (7)

You Who Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol’s mom grinned with a knowing look on her face before turning to Chanyeol.

“I’m disappointed-” At those words, Kyungsoo’s face fell. “I thought I would be the first to know if you started dating, but I find out from the press?” Kyungsoo’s expression morphed to one of relief unconsciously. Chanyeol’s mom looked at Kyungsoo carefully before enveloping her in a tight hug. “Finally! I kept nagging him to get a girlfriend but he kept brushing me aside so I was worried that he might die alone with only Sehunnie - “ Chanyeol’s mom was cut off as Chanyeol covered his mother’s mouth in embarrassment as Sehun looked at Kyungsoo gleefully at seeing his father act like a child. Kyungsoo cracked a smile at the scene before Chanyeol let go of his mother’s mouth and turned to her.

“Why are you here?” Chanyeol mother looked at Chanyeol incredulously.

“Did you forget that tonight is supposed to be the new product launching party? You didn’t answer your phone so I came to get you.” Chanyeol’s face brightened, remembering as Chanyeol’s mother sighed fondly. Kyungsoo awkwardly fidgeted with her hands, trying to find an opportunity to leave, until Chanyeol’s mom turned to Kyungsoo. “At least you have your plus one now.” Kyungsoo coughed at her words as Chanyeol turned to look at her, a bright smile on his face that made her heart thump weirdly. Chanyeol’s mom took Sehun’s tiny hand before turning to Kyungsoo with a wide smile. “You’re coming with me.” Kyungsoo’s eyes darted between Chanyeol and his mother before getting tugged away, Chanyeol giving Kyungsoo a helpless shrug.

 

~~~~~~~

 

“Hmm. How about this one?” Chanyeol’s mom held a dress to Kyungsoo, glancing between the dress and Kyungsoo to see how it looked. Kyungsoo shifted uncomfortably before opening hesitantly to speak.

“Um, I-”

“Yeah, you’re right...it’s a little too over the top right?” Kyungsoo closed , having been interrupted. Chanyeol’s mom moved onto the next rack as Kyungsoo awkwardly trailed after her. As she started to follow Chanyeol’s mom, a small hand tugged on her sleeve. Sehun stood in front of her holding a dress with a cheeky smile. Chanyeol’s mom who had come back when realizing Kyungsoo wasn’t with her, and upon seeing the dress in Sehun’s hands, she squealed.

“That’s perfect! Go try it on!” Kyungsoo took the dress reluctantly as Chanyeol’s mom ushered her into the changing room.

 

~~~~~~~

 

Kyungsoo fiddled with the zipper in the back before stepping out with an anxious look on her face. Sehun cheered when she stepped out and smiled brightly while Chanyeol’s mom just smiled, nodding approvingly. The dress was a vivid dark blue with a design of flowers decorating it. She had to admit it was pretty but she felt a little uncomfortable with the lack of straps, constantly rubbing her hands down her arms, not used to wearing strapless dresses - or any dress for that matter. Chanyeol's mom turned to one of the workers in the store and smiled - “We’ll take it.”

 

~~~~~~~

 

Kyungsoo sighed as she held the numerous shopping bags, managing a small smile at Sehun who was beside her, swinging his other arm that she wasn’t holding. They stopped for food at the food court while Kyungsoo finally let a breath of relief at being able to put down the bags. She didn’t consider herself weak, but the bags were heavy.

“Can I have ice cream?” Kyungsoo laughed.

“Maybe after we eat lunch... something that isn’t ice cream.” Sehun pouted but nodded reluctantly. Chanyeol’s mom chuckled as she patted Sehun’s hair when her phone rang. She excused herself and took the call.

“Mom?”

“Chanyeol, how are the preparations going?”

“Good, I think almost everything is ready at this point.”

“You have a speech prepared right?”

“Yes mom, you don’t have to worry so much.”

“Okay, okay. Why did you call?”

“Are you still with Kyungsoo?”

“We’ve just finished shopping and we were planning on eating something.”

“Okay, I’ll come for them now.” Chanyeol’s mom smiled at those words.

“Okay, drive safely.” Chanyeol’s mom went back to Kyungsoo and Sehun who were looking at all the different stores, a look of concentration on their faces, before speaking. “Something came up that I need to attend to so stay here. Someone will come pick you guys up.” Kyungsoo nodded before getting to her feet and bowing in goodbye. Chanyeol’s mother pinched Sehun’s cheek, hugged Kyungsoo, and then left, a large smile on her face. Maybe Kyungsoo would be the one.

 

~~~~~~~

 

After deciding simply on spicy rice cakes, Kyungsoo bought Sehun ice cream, watching Sehun devoured the ice cream, his eyes shining brightly. It was impossible not to love Sehun. As Kyungsoo reached to wipe Sehun’s mouth, another hand beat her to it. She looked up and her eyes widened in shock. Chanyeol stood there holding a napkin in his hand, wiping Sehun’s mouth. He glanced over and smiled.

“Daddy!” Sehun tackled his father in a large hug having not seen him for a large portion of the day. He enveloped Sehun is his arms before turning to face her.

“How was shopping?” Kyungsoo unknowingly grimaced. Seeing her expression, he laughed out loud.

“My mom can be a bit too much at times. But thank you for being good about it... I was meaning to ask, are you okay with accompanying me tonight... If you’re uncomfortable, you don’t have to...” Kyungsoo opened hesitantly.

“Wouldn’t that look bad if the articles were released but I wasn’t there?” He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

“Possibly, but if it makes you uncomfortable, I wouldn’t want you to be forced into anything.” Kyungsoo’s heart thumped at his words before smiling at him.

“I would love to be your date tonight.” Chanyeol grinned, heart thumping loudly in his chest. Sehun turned his ear to Chanyeol’s test before asking: “Why is your heart beating so quickly daddy?” Chanyeol’s face turned red before coughing in embarrassment as Kyungsoo avoided his eyes, staring down at her lap.

“Let’s go, shall we?” Chanyeol asked as he hurriedly tried to stand, Sehun in his arms. Kyungsoo looked up quickly and nodded vigorously. She stood up and took the bags, her face tinted pink. Chanyeol swiftly ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter