Ten (10)

You Who Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At her shriek, Sehun frowned. The woman approached Kyungsoo, shooting a questioning look at her, before reaching for Sehun. Sehun squirmed in Kyungsoo’s hold forcing Kyungsoo to set him down. As soon as his feet touched the ground, he went behind Kyungsoo’s legs. The woman frowned at his actions while a small smile played on Kyungsoo's face. However, the woman quickly recovered and turned to Chanyeol with a brighter smile. She moved forward to hug him but he moved back, a frown gracing his lips. 

“What are you doing here?” The woman pouted at their cold reactions, but Chanyeol refused to relent. She let out a huff. 

“Is it a crime to want to see my son?” Chanyeol grew angry and stepped closer. 

“Now he’s your son? When you didn’t want anything to do with him before?” he spoke in a low undertone, not wanting Sehun to hear. The woman gasped.

“How could you accuse me of such a thing?” Chanyeol glared. 

“Accuse you? It’s the truth,” he angrily retorted. Kyungsoo, sensing the tension between the two, turned to Sehun. 

“How about we just go to the store and get some ice?” Sehun eyed the woman warily before he nodded. Kyungsoo hoisted him into her arms once more before she exchanged a look with Chanyeol who nodded. She then set off for the store, neither of them turning back. The woman scoffed as she looked at Chanyeol who was glaring at her. 

“That’s her? She doesn’t seem like much,” she commented nonchalantly. 

“I wasn’t aware that I asked for your opinion. Not that it matters, anyway, Seyeon,” Chanyeol scoffed. She looked a little hurt at his coldness. She reached for his face.

“How have you been?” He leaned away from her touch.

“You know that’s not appropriate for our circumstances. You left us. Not the other way around. And now that we have finally established our own lives, you come back, expecting us to accept you with open arms?” Chanyeol shook his head slowly, with regret and hurt. “No, I don’t think I want to do that. I don’t think I can do that.” 

“Is it because of her?” 

“Regardless of whether it is or not, it doesn’t erase the hurt you’ve inflicted, not only on me, but on Sehun as well. He was a baby. How could you just leave?” his voice cracked at the end. Seyeon choked back a fake sob.

“You know I had to,” she said. Chanyeol shook his head, not falling for her false sense of remorse.

“No. You didn’t have to. You wanted to.” 

“I know. But I want to try again,” she cried. Chanyeol stepped back. 

“But I don’t want to.” A flash of hurt spread across her face. “You didn’t think we were enough for you then, so what makes you sure that won’t happen a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter