Five (5)

You Who Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Boyfriend?” Kyungsoo’s head snapped towards the new voice. Hyunsik stared back at her with an expression of hurt on his face. Chanyeol looked at Hyunsik and frowned, noticing the hurt look on his face. “So the rumors are true?” Kyungsoo bit her lip, eyes darting between Hyunsik and Chanyeol. Chanyeol noticed her hesitation and spoke up.

“Yes, we’re dating. I’m Park Chanyeol. And you are...?”

“I’m Hyunsik.” Kyungsoo sensed the tension and spoke up.

“What brings you here?”

“You promised we could eat dinner together.” Kyungsoo’s eyes lit up at the recollection.

“Oh right, okay, let me just -”

“Appa! Let’s go! Did you ask her yet?” Sehun stood in the doorway holding onto his driver’s hand, looking at his father expectantly. Chanyeol didn’t reply. Sehun sighed. “Teacher, we have to go! We’re going to be late! Appa picked a really nice place for dinner.”

“Dinner?” Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol confused. Chanyeol scratched the back of his neck, smiling sheepishly.

“Yeah.. but if you can’t come, I can always just eat with Sehun.” Sehun gasped, affronted.

“No, you have to come! Appa searched online for an hour just to find this place! Please!!” Kyungsoo looked at Hyunsik hesitantly, softening at Sehun’s pleads.

“Sorry Hyunsik. Next time, yeah? Text me okay?” At those words, Sehun cheered and came forward.

“Let’s go, let’s go!” Kyungsoo laughed as she hurriedly grabbed her bag and coat before being dragged by Sehun. Chanyeol smiled and walked after them, the driver smiling fondly at the smiles of genuine happiness from the two Parks before following leaving Hyunsik alone. He stared after them and let out a sigh.

“It’s always next time for me, isn’t it...”

 

~~~~~~~

 

Sehun held Kyungsoo’s hand tightly as he bounced, excited. He clambered into the car and Kyungsoo followed, Chanyeol getting into the front passenger seat. Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol for a moment before speaking.

“Did you really search an hour for a restaurant?” Chanyeol blushed and Kyungsoo chuckled, seeing the tips of his ears go red.

“Maybe.”

“Is this some sort of apology?”

“No! I mean, yes, but maybe it’s also because I might like you?” Kyungsoo looked at him curiously.

“I couldn’t catch the last part... what did you say?”

“Because Sehun likes you.” The driver tried not to laugh at that lame excuse which did not go unnoticed by Chanyeol who flushed evermore, mentally cringing. Kyungsoo seemed satisfied with his answer and turned back to Sehun who was tugging on her sleeve to draw her attention. Sehun talked animatedly about his toys throughout the whole ride, Chanyeol just staring at the sight fondly, feeling a pang of guilt from the lack of attention he had paid Sehun up to this point, resolving to be better.

 

~~~~~~~

 

“Sir, we’ve arrived.” Chanyeol snapped back to attention, to focused on what was going on in the back.

“Thanks Driver Kim. You’re welcome to join us if you’d like.” He shook his head.

“I’d rather not intrude, but thank you for the kind offer.” Sehun and Chanyeol climbed out and before Kyungsoo climbed out, she bowed her head gratefully towards the elder man. Just before she was going to get out, the man caught her arm.

“Thank you for making them happy again.” With that statement he let go of her arm, leaving Kyungsoo with a lot of thoughts. She wasn’t given anytime to mull it over as a tiny hand grasped her hand, gently tugging. She let herself get dragged before closing the door and bowing to the driver once again. Sehun led her to the front of the restaurant where Chanyeol was waiting.

“I’m hungry...”

“It’s a good thing we’re eating now, huh?” Sehun nodded cutely, bounding in as Chanyeol held the door. Chanyeol walked up to the front and smiled.

“Reservation for three under Park.” The woman smiled back leaving a bitter taste in Kyungsoo’s mouth before directing them to their table. Chanyeol smiled at the woman gratefully before pulling out Kyungsoo’s seat for her and requesting a chair for Sehun. Once they were all seated, Kyungsoo looked around the lavish, extravagant restaurant, her large eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter