One (1)

You Who Brought Us Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beep! Beep! Chanyeol groggily woke up with his alarm and he stared at the ceiling for a while before finally getting up to wake Sehun up. He opened the door to Sehun's room and stared at him for a while, a small smile gracing his face. He finally started shaking Sehun to wake him up. 

"Come on Sehun, time for school," Chanyeol called. Sehun half-opened his eyes and rubbed them in order to wake up. He yawned as he stretched, his hair a mess. Chanyeol chuckled as he made his way for the door. "Come down for breakfast, Sehun-ah." Sehun closed his eyes and nodded, sitting still on his bed, reluctant to the leave the warmth of his bed. Chanyeol made his way downstairs getting started on breakfast, frying the eggs and making toast. When Chanyeol set the orange juice on the table for Sehun, Sehun appeared, a lot more awake then he was before. 

"Uncle Jongin is coming?" Sehun asked.

"Yep, you're going to kindergarten with Uncle Jongin."

"Appa's not coming again?" Sehun asked, his tone showing his disappointment. Chanyeol felt a pang of guilt. 

"I'm sorry bud. We talked about this. I really can't be late for this meeting today."

"You never drop me off. It's the first day," Sehun pouted. "It's always Uncle Jongin." Chanyeol kneeled down, facing Sehun eye to eye.

"Appa needs to work so he can buy you toys... you don't like toys?" Sehun's eyes became glossy. 

"I just want Appa to come." Chanyeol sighed.

"I'm really sorry Sehun-ah." Just then, the doorbell rang. Chanyeol got up and opened the door for Jongin who was standing outside.

"I really appreciate this. I really have to make sure everything is in order for this deal." Jongin smiled good naturedly.

"What are friends for?" Chanyeol thanked him again as he led Jongin in, going to Sehun to get him dressed and get his bag. As Chanyeol helped Sehun put on his shirt, Sehun stayed silent. 

"Have fun Sehun. Appa will try to pick you up today." Sehun brightened at that and smiled, his eyes crinkling. 

"Pinky-promise?" Chanyeol grinned and stuck out his pinky to wrap it around Sehun's much smaller one, sealing the deal with their thumbs before Chanyeol handed Sehun his bag. 

"Be good for Uncle Jongin, ok? He's already doing us a favor for taking you too so don't be mean, okay?" Sehun nodded. Chanyeol ruffled his hair before heading Sehun out to where Jongin was before putting the straps of Sehun's bag on his back and giving him to Jongin who smiled when he saw Sehun, sticking out his hand for Sehun to take. Sehun happily took it before stepping outside and waving goodbye to his Appa who stood in the doorway. Chanyeol waved back and smiled seeing Sehun safely fastened in the car. When Chanyeol couldn't see the car anymore, he immediately headed back inside to get ready to leave, leaving a few minutes later for his company in a rush, running late because of Sehun. When he finally made it, Chanyeol was immediately bombarded by the directors and his secretary. He quickly dismissed the directors saying he would address their questions in the meeting before focusing on his secretary. 

"Mr. Huang asked to move the meeting to 2:30." Chanyeol groaned. Sehun's kindergarten ended at 2:30, how was he supposed ot pick Sehun up like he promised?

"Didn't we already move it before?"

"Yes, but Mr. Huang seems adamant this time that it has to be 2:30."

Can't we move it to a different time, or tomorrow?" 

"I'll see what I can do, sir."

"Thanks Irene." Chanyeol sat on his chair, rubbing his forehead before getting ready for the meeting with the board of directors later. 

~~~~~~~

Jongin parked the car before getting out to get Sehun.

"Sehun, are you ready for kindergarten?" Sehun nodded. Appa had told him to listen to Uncle Jongin and not make things complicated for Uncle Jongin. Sehun didn't really understand what "complicated" meant but Sehun just decided he shouldn't do anything. Jongin took Sehun's bag and ped it, sifting through the stuff in a last minute check. Sehun looked around sadly and saw other kids holding the hands of their parents as they walked in. Sehun looked at his Uncle's hand but instead of reaching out for it like he really wanted, he decided to keep his hand to his side. He didn't want to be a problem for Uncle Jongin. Sehun silently walked beside Uncle Jongin who was too focused on making sure Sehun had ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter