Chapter 9

Sparks in the Dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul South Korea, Gangnam Police District

"So.." Officer Choi leaned forward to the con artist they caught in act trying to swind another officer pretending to lawn at his offered house.

"You tried to swind again huh, Mr. Park?"


"You don't have evidence" He defense hiself. Officer Choi slowly leaned back and draw a pictures they snap at his different decoy. The Police was already has an eye of him cause there's been a complain by numerous people about scam. All of them have different reason and names the complainant said to the police but there's this similar thing they have said that leads them to this man and right this moment they made an action to put an end to the act. Mr. Park didn't say anything about it and scan the area instead.


"Cut your tongue out?" The officer chuckled tapping the table while his eyes is looking at Mr. Park. They were alone in this room but there's a police behind the tinted glass at the back of Mr. Park. listening and recording everything what they're talking about.


"Park Hyunseong, 43 years old, Con Artist and Friends with the inmate who got escaped in the Seoul Prison." Officer Choi said in monotone "You helped him Don't You?"


"I don't know what your talking about." 


"C'mon, there's no need to act. Did you know it can double your case because you tricked people just to get a huge money and helping a criminal?" 


"I don't need to act because none of that wasn't True, it's the police and warden didn't do their job properly to guard the prison. Now you blame an innocent person here?"


"Innocent? So can you explain why did the inmate called you few days after he got out using a phone booth?"


"You sure it was me?"


"I'm pretty sure.. Why do you need to protect that inmate anyway? Are you two trying to prove your friendship goals?" The officer lean again clasping his hand in front and looking intensely at him. "Wow should I salute you? That's how you repay his kindness he did to you?"

The Officer needed to find a spot that triggered him the most that will lead them to the answer they were looking for and he find one, He bulse eye the spot.


"I just did what he wants! He was the one who planned it! I'm out of his crazy Idea! Heck! My grandmother's business wasn't involve into this!"


The officer secretly smiled. It was all recorded clearly.


--

California, USA


Jessica was staring blankly on the floor, The image of Tyler was playing in Jessica's head. his new image he had used just to get close at Jessica struck at her mind. God, she was glad that he got out from the restaurant before anything bad happened to her. Yuri was in her phone rightnow talking to the officer handling the case. She could hear Yuri's speaking but her presence was not in the moment rigtnow.


"Sica.." Jessica shifted her eyes from the floor towards Yuri's worried eyes who's kneeling in front of her.


"Sica.. The Officer confirmed that it was indeed Tyler. His friend Hyunseong was involved to it. Do you know him?"


"He introduced me to him few years ago but I'm not close to him." Jessica remembered it. He always keep mentioning Hyunseong to her during their talk way back in the past.


"He was a con artist and provided what he needs towards his escape but he was already under custody of the police." Yuri transfered to sit down beside Jessica and pulled her again for a hug.

"What if he will escape? And contact him to joing forces?" Yuri can feel how paranoi Jessica rightnow, she can't blame Jessica for it because of the trauma she suffered. She's not yet fully okay, currently taking baby steps to stand up again.

"No one will ever hurt you again, Sica. I'm always here." Yuri assured her. She is free now, and more focused to their life and Jessica. 

"I'm afraid that he might appear again. I couldn't taken it seeing him ruining our lives.." Jessica burried her face into Yuri's shoulder "That night..  I don't want to happened again... He appeared in front of the door he was looking for you so I reason out that you were sleeping to stop him but he knew you aren't there and took that as advantage. He step inside and tried to hold me so I move away from him. He wants me to comeback to him and leave you but I shook my head at him, disagreeing to his request. he got angry, he caught me in the leaving room but I break free from him then he threw me a vase into my head before I could reach the door. He was holding my neck like he wants to kill me I pleaded him to let me go but he was so presistent, he did not listen to me it's like he isn't in his self, he was on drugs cause his eyes were red I know it because that's exactly his attitude when he hurt be before. I couldn't breath that time and fall unconcious." Jessica tremble while telling Yuri, That's the biggest nightmare she wants to forget for the rest of her life. It was awful and terrible.

Jessica continued "I wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter