Chapter 6

Sparks in the Dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the next morning, Yuri phoned her manager again. Telling her to comeback in the set rightnow but the actress decided to extended her day off. She scartch her eyebrows and run her fingers to her hair while listening to her manager rants.


"James, please tell the direc I'm sick today please."


"Yuri! You want me to lie?!"


"Just for today please."


"Why won't you go here?!"


"I can't-"


"Is there something wrong?!"


"Yes. Jessica needs me."


"And the set needs you too Yuri!"


"Whatever.. Tell direc I'm sick. end of disscusion." 


She ended and clutch her phone in her hand then go back to the bedroom. Yuri couldn't even tell herself if she can manage to go back in filming again because of Jessica's condition rightnow. Those "okay" and "I'm fine" was never okay and Fine for Yuri. How can she be okay if Jessica was spacing out lately, she can't even talk and her smile wasn't the same smile Yuri can see, How can she be fine if just in simple touch of Yuri if she will eventually flinch not mentioning those nightmares.

She knows Jessica don't want Yuri to be worried at her but how can't be? She was so affected on it especially that bastard did her for the third time already. That was too much. Too much suffering he put in Jessica and Yuri was more guilty and ashamed cause whatever happenes, no matter what, that bastard was still her cousin.


ing cousin, I will going to pay him for this.


Yuri entered the bedroom in a gloom expression. Jessica was again spacing out. 


"Sica..."


"Why are you still here? Don't you have a schedule?"


"Are you pushing me away?"

Yuri look at her in disbelief she was confused in what she heard and can't deny that she was hurt too.


"No.. You have an upcoming movie, Yuri."


"That's not important."


"It's important for the production team. I'm really fine here." 


"Tell me something I don't know, Jess." Yuri pause and exhaled "We have been together for years and I can tell wether you're fine or not. I know you well enough. Don't tell me You're okay cause you're clearly not. Don't tell me not to be worried because I can't do that. Sica, I know you are having a hard time but atleast let me help you. I'm always here baby and you know that." 


Jessica brought her knees upto her chest and curled up to cry "I'm sorry.." She whimper "Can you leave me alone?" 

Yuri contemplated for a moment but agreed to it.


Once Yuri was gone, Jessica poured her own emotions she was hiding since yesterday.


--


The police that is assigned to invisgtigate the incident of Jessica was already moving. They had been visited to gather information near Yuri's unit and apparently, Only one unit was the only one who heard Jessica shout for help cause the other neighboors wasn't around at that hour.

The police wrote the statement they gathered in a notebook higliten the important words they can use in the case and closed it after all the questions was done. 


"I'm in the bridge of checking their unit out if the shouting didn't stop cause it is strange for me to hear the lady shout. They're such a sweet couple, they never had a fight like that before."

Shared the old woman who lived in the third unit. The police nod and smiled to her then stand up to shake her hand thanking her that she had a spare of her time to answer the questions they prepared then the old woman assist them out of the room.


"We only have one witness and based on grandma's statement, around wee hour she heard the lady shout for help I assumed it was Ms. Jessica's voice"


"Right. Then in Ms. Yuri statement that she only got home when she saw a broken vase on the floor and the couch wasn't aligned well in the next day."


"Plus the carpet.." The smaller police went silent brainstorming hiself of what possibly happened in the unit "We still haven't asked Ms. Jessica's statement cause she can't talk the last time."


"Do you think she's been ?" his parter conclude, scratching his head unsure of what he's been saying.


"Well, we can't really say about it. We still need evidence before we--What?"


"The CCTV." Her partner point at the technology staring at them. it was on based at the flashing red light in the corner. He look back checking if it's reached Yuri's unit then faced front again.


"Let's go in the operator of this building." The two headed in the elevator, pressing the groundfloor where maintenance room was on it.
"Oh! This elevator had a cctv too.." 


"Bingo! more evidence. Let's call Ms. Yuri after we checked the footage."


--


Yuri was sitting in the couch for more than an hour now, after Jessica asked for space. She didn't do anything but to think on how and why did this happened to them, They were happy on what they have now, they got back together, live together, the whole world knows that they love each other. In short her once dreams become into reality. It was so perfect for her. not until this happened, she thought all bad memories was now left in korea but she didn't expect that one bad memories flew all the way here. 
guilt was eating up on her. Why such a bad timing? heavy schedule + Jessica = Stress to her life. 


"If I only know that this will happened, I didn't renew my contract, If I know this will happened I went home that night. If know this will happened, Jessica wasn't suffering like this. why Did this happened? I thought years ago was already enough"


Yuri mumble silently, headache already start to creep on her. If only she isn't famous, maybe she already out there finding the bastard did to Jessica.


No, Yuri. You can't be weak. You should stay strong for Jessica. 

For the nth time, Yuri was also thinking on how did he escaped the huge wall baricade of seoul prison and how he manage to dodge the police guarding the inmates. And if he's wanted, How come he got out of the country?

Few of that Yuri wants to be answered. 


Reaching for her phone in the table, Yuri called her manager asking f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter