Chapter 10

Sparks in the Dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He tried to reach out for Jessica, have a simple dinner to talk about business. He expect for a feedback but he was turned down, Jessica won't agree to it. He is so desperate to have alone time for Jessica and it makes him wonder why, knowing Jessica won't turned down any related to business, unless, she already know who he is? No, that is impossible. but it isn't obvious that Jessica was distancing herself from him? He suddenly felt played and ranged in anger as he imagine that he failed again, how ironically stupid, He throw the glass he was holding colliding to the gray wall of the motel he was staying, the glass shattered in the floor but he did not care. His thoughts was only focused at the certain girl he fall head over heels.


--


Yuri is at the Police station at the moment. Officer Chua told her that they had encounter him and had a chased around the city, Yuri expect that it was a good news but it was burried down her expectation when the officers told her that he had escaped right before they caught him. Of course, Yuri was unhappy. She wants him to be thrown into an assylum right away where he belong. It also didn't help Yuri what she feel when Officer Chua told him about the plan resulting for her to let go of words without thinking, Officer Chua and Gomez understand that but disgrading about their position? It was out of the league already.


"Look Ms. Yuri, I know you're angry but we know we what we are doing, a criminal we are talking about a crazy one. He was playing not an ordinary game so we just played all along. You don't want to look fool right?"


"But it's getting worst! Jessica was having a hard time because he keep asking her to meet him in dinner!"


"Tell Ms. Jessica to agree to his request. That's the only way we can catch him."


"What?! You want to bait my fiancé to that moron?! You think I would agree with it after he put a trauma to her?!" 


"That's the only way! It's hard for us to catch him because he was good in directions! He can escape in a open space and I bet, cornering him in a closed and small space  will be easy!"

Officer Gomez interject them both. Yuri shifted ber eyes to the tall one. 


"It has to be another plan. I don't want Jessica to envolve into this." Yuri run her hands accross her face, frustated to what the officer just said.

Meeting with him? Yuri wasn't sure if Jessica can face him yet. 


"There's no other way. Ms. Yuri, Think about it. We need to move as soon as possible before he could win. We don't know what else he prepared under his sleeve that will worsen the situation. We promise that we will guard her while they talk we have gadgets here that we can use to spy their conversation. This game will end instantly So you two will be free from the cruel things he will going to do."


"Look forward for your future with Ms. Jessica Ms. Yuri. Do you see that two of you are happily married right? no drama and no Tyler Kwon that can ruined your life. It will be peace now. Bring her here so we can discussed what we will supposed to do to checkmate our opponent."

Officer Chua ended their discussion like his plan will going to work.


°
Jessica keep silent after what the officer told her about meeting her greatest nightmare. She liked the idea form her perspective Yes she's willing to help in that so everyting will be done. She wants a life with Yuri to be peace without breaking their own happiness. but the thing is, will she able to keep herself stable without breaking down? Jessica glance at Yuri at first who gave her a slight smile before she agree to it.


Yuri drive her car all the way to their house with out talking. She let Jessica have a little moment after what just happened. She knows Jessica was just thinking things while looking outside. Times like this, Yuri understand what she feel.
They reached their home and as soon, Jessica sat down in a sofa. Yuri engulf her with a hug.


"Yuri. I'm afraid."


"Shhh.. I know but I'm here.. I will be there watching you. I'm not leaving you alone. You need to think positive. You want him to be caught right?" Yuri run her hands to Jessica's hair. She feel Jessica nod her head and relaxed after wards. 


"Remember when I was afraid too sica? You told me to face your fears inorder to become strong. Now, be strong when you face him. Just think of your seobang. I won't go anywhere I promise you that."


"Promise?" Jessica pull out from the hug just to look at Yuri. her child looking innocent eyes stared at the deep brown orbs of her lover. Yuri smiled to her and lean down to taste that sweet lips of Jessica assuring her that her spirit is with Jessica where ever she goes, watching and protecting her from danger. Yuri's love was undying to the girl and she is determined to end that is blocking to their future.


Yuri let go of Jessica's lips but their foreheads is glued to each other, eyes closed, She is whispering a heart warming words towards Jessica cupping her face. their lips is brushing whenever Yuri spoke and it melt Jessica. she let the Yuri's words sank in her heart. They engage into a chaste kiss and leaned back.


"I will Always be with you..  Always."


Jessic smiled. She feel at ease.


--


The time as actually come. Jessica was dressed all well for the dinner she had agree. Christian Anderson was more than happy when Jessica agreed to it by delevering a message through her assistant. He was grinning from ear to ear and prepared hiself to the said night. 


Jessica was inside of the van fixing the small camera that attached to her button and mic inside her blouse. Yuri was technically her personal stylist for tonight because she was the one who is fixing and checking her out. Honestly, she was just diverting her attention because she was nervous. 


"The camera was already okay." Officer Chua said as he saw the appearance of Yuri in the small screen. Officer Gomez is fixing the audio twisting and turning until the sound was intact to the screen. 


"I think it's okay." 


"Good." Officer Chua said and check the other police that is inside the restaurant disguising as guest, waiter and receptionist. they have a small earpiece hidden from the eye. Also, some police was parked outside of the restaurant. for sure, Tyler won't be able to escape this time. 


"Jessica, It's time."


Jessica took a deep breath first then exhaled. "Okay.", She exited the van checking her time that it's only five minutes left before the dinner.

If she was nervous, Yuri was more nervous it's like, she will be the one who will going to meet him. They walked towards the restaurant not far away from the van had been parked. She was wearing a cap that covered half of her face, only her pointy nose, lips and perfect sculpted jaw it was Jessica saw when she glance at her. 


They stop when it was only few steps away in the restaurant. As much she wanted to her, she still needs to stay incognito.


"Goodluck." Yuri lift her head to look at her "If that bastard will touch even if it's only a strand of your hair, I'll go drag you out of the restaurant." She said. Jessica smile, reaching to rest her palm in her cheek and graze her thumb in the smooth skin, she likes it if Yuri was being a kkab at times like this.


"Don't worry... After this night everything will be fine. Right, Yuri?" Looks like they were shooting a movie rightnow, a very serene scene that everybody loves.

The officers at the van was watching and listening at them unblinking like the scene was very important, the of the drama they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter