it never hurts to try

Friend Zone (Lime Series: Story #3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C8: it never hurts to try

Rihyun's POV:
 

The only ones who showed up to the Shrine were Kayoon, Chunhwa, Shinwon, and Hongseok. Mina and Jinho didn't show up. I didn't want to question it but it was still odd. I figured Mina would've forgave Hongseok by now. It was a stupid fight.

 

I nudge Hwitaek once Hongseok is farther away from us. "It's weird that Mina isn't back yet?"

 

He nods seeming a tad bit upset too, they were good friends and I'm sure it hurt to see a friend down. "Maybe she's taking things harder than we think?"

 

"Maybe." I sigh, I lean closer to him just a bit to spoil myself. I was hoping he wouldn't notice my sudden change. That I might just blush every now and then whenever I'm near him or when he looks at me. He doesn't seem to notice how I've gotten closer so I smile to myself.

 

-

 

All of us had stayed out until dusk, the sun was setting now as we returned to the Inn. Mina and Jinho never ended up meeting up with us. Hongseok was quiet most of the time today. We had left the Shrine after Jinho had texted Kayoon letting us know that they wouldn't be coming. We ended up at the local market splitting up into two groups. I was with Kayoon and Chunhwa, while Hwitaek, Hongseok, and Shinwon went off on their own. We met back up a couple hours later with plans to find a good place to eat, we ended up at Pork Soup restaurant. The food was great.

 

We stayed at the restaurant for a good two hours before we left and then we ended up back at the Inn.

 

When we enter the Inn we had to the living room and Jinho was sitting on the couch. Hongseok immediately went to him, Chunhwa and Shinwon noticed this and went straight to their room. Kayoon did the same leaving Hwitaek and I to glance at each other. We both nodded and went down the hall to our room. When I opened the door Mina was sitting on the bed, the sheets slightly wrapped around her body, her eyes were puffy and she was staring across the room.

 

My heart sinks. I felt awful again.

 

I blink towards Hwitaek who moves past me to head towards her. Mina seems to finally notice we're back and she turns to look at Hwitaek.

 

"Mina?" Hwitaek says softly.

 

"I hope you don't mind but would it be okay if I stayed with Rihyun tonight. Hwitaek you can sleep in Hongseok's room." She says, her voice rough since she had been crying.

 

Hwitaek glances at me. "Yeah, of course it's fine with me."

 

"Thanks." She mumbles turning to stare off into space again.

 

I rest a hand on Hwitaek's shoulder and motion for him to go ahead and leave to which he nods. After he steps through the door I close it behind him. I turn back to Mina and sigh.

 

I move forward to sit on the edge of the bed. "Mina." I hum.

 

She glances at me. "Yeah?"

 

"Listen you really don't have to worry about what Soyoon said." I start out pausing to move fully towards her. "She was only saying that because she's mad at me. She didn't mean it."

 

She nods. "It's okay, that's not what I'm upset about anyways."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter