things aren't always about body shape

Friend Zone (Lime Series: Story #3)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C6: things aren't always about body shape

Rihyun's POV:

 

I skipped dinner tonight, I was too afraid to face the others after what happened. Don't get me wrong I am in no way, shape, or form shy. I may have a huge case of body envy and like that. But there are few things I'm scared of, one of those being facing people I've disappointed. A sharp pain erupts in my stomach and a growl follows suit. I was so hungry, I haven't ate since ten this morning but I'd rather starve than face them right now.

 

I sigh to myself and fall flat onto my back, the softness of the bed doing nothing to stop the hunger pains in my stomach. I place my hand over my stomach and rub it to try and soothe it.

 

A knock sounds on my door and I quickly sit up staring towards the door.

 

"It's me, Hwitaek." His voice comes from the other side of the door. I chew on my lip before mumbling a 'come in.'

 

He enters and my eyes immediately go to the two bowls he's carrying. "Since you skipped dinner I brought you some of it. It's rice and dogani tang soup."

 

My mouth waters as he gets closer. "You're a life saver." I mumble as he sits the bowls down on the coffee table that was in front of the couch.

 

He smiles and sits down on the couch. "You know you could've came and ate with the rest of us?"

 

I sigh moving to sit on the couch next to him. "I don't know how to face them after what happened, I feel bad." I mumble bending forward to smell the soup.

 

"You didn't do anything wrong so you shouldn't have to hide out in here." Hwitaek sighs leaning back against the couch. I spoon some of the soup into my mouth before doing the same to some rice. After I've finished half of it I turn to him to explain myself.

 

"There are very few things I'm scared of," I start out lowering my gaze. "Disappointing people is one of them."

 

Hwitaek doesn't say anything but he rests a hand on my shoulder. "You've disappointed no one, trust me. Now eat, you don't have to explain yourself."

 

I nod slowly, I'm glad he came. Just hearing someone say it wasn't my fault made me feel just a little bit better.

 

I finish the rest of the food in record time before turning back to him. "Thank you."

 

He laughs. "Anytime." He stands up grabbing the bowls. "I'm going to go see if Shinwon and Chunhwa are off the couch now, I'm tired."

 

My eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Do you have to sleep on the couch?"

 

He slowly nods. "Yeah Mina's parents haven't renovated all of the rooms yet, so only four rooms are available right now."

 

I swallow, I feel bad now.

 

"Anyways, if you need anything I'm just down the hall." He moves towards the door.

 

"Hwitaek." I say causing him to stop and glance back.

 

"Hmm?" He raises his eyebrow.

 

"You can take the bed and I'll sleep on this couch." I pat the white material of the couch.

 

He snorts. "I'll be fine."

 

"No really, it's the least I can do after you brought me food." I shrug standing up to grab the bowls from his hands. I sit them on the dresser closest to the door. I grab his wrist and pull him over to the bed. "Seriously if you don't sleep on the bed I'll be mad." I cross my arms over my chest.

 

"But the couch isn't exactly comfortable?" He sends the couch a questioning look.

 

I roll my eyes. "Fine we'll both sleep on the bed then, is that better?"

 

Hwitaek goes silent.

 

"Okay I'll take that as a yes. It isn't a big deal, I'm one of the guys anyways." I shrug, moving to move my suitcase over to the corner of the room. "I'm just going to brush my teeth, okay?"

 

He clears his throat. "Okay."

 

Once in the bathroom I stare at my reflection in the mirror, I take a deep breath. That's right Rihyun, you're just one of the guys. There's nothing weird about this, plus it's not like this would be the first time I've slept in the same bed as a guy. I mean I wasn't exactly a or anything. But then again it has been a long time since I slept in a bed with a boy.

 

I swallow thinking back to high s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter