Chapter 2

Ordinary Thing

A day passes by and it’s all the same…same routine, Naeun ignoring Eunji and Eunji ignoring Naeun. Naeun being well-known in school because of her family’s reputation and not to mention her goddess-like looks while Eunji was more of a quiet person who’s known for her beautiful voice, but everyone knows that her family is handling a very dangerous business and that no one dares to go near her except for her true friends, who knows all about it.

The truth is Eunji’s father is in a bad business that contains drugs, gambling and murder. The students in Eunji’s school knew that Eunji was part of her father’s business but what they don’t know is that Eunji wanted to escape her family with her mother and her brother, from the hurt, fear and abuse that they receive from her father’s business.

Eunji walks to her locker with her earphones on, not caring about the things that are happening around her as her best friend with her girlfriend goes to her. “Eunji Buddy!” Bomi smiles and ruffles Eunji’s hair as she holds Chorong’s hand. Eunji looks at her with a small smile “Hey Bbom and Hi Rong Eonni” Chorong smiles “Meung! Me and Bbom will be eating at a Chicken feet restaurant later, you want to come with us?” Eunji shakes her head and smiles in a polite way to Chorong “Nahh...It’s okay Eonni, my mom will cook dinner later” Chorong nods in understanding while Bomi shakes her head “eesh Jeong this is like 5th time you’ve rejected eating out with us” Eunji chuckles before flicking Bomi’s forehead lightly “Aigoo you know how much Eomma means to me and besides wouldn’t you want to spend time with Chorong Eonni alone?” Bomi pouts before nodding “Yeah I guess so, Well, we’ll go ahead now and ask Hayoung and Nam-YAHH!”

Bomi gets cut off as she feels someone bump her shoulder too roughly causing her to let go of her girlfriend’s hand and body slam into Eunji. “Sorry...” She mutters as she moves away to Eunji before looking at the person who bumped into her. “Yah…Lee Taemin Why don’t you watch where you’re going?” Bomi looks at him angrily, clenching her fist in anger. Seeing her girlfriend angry, Chorong held her fist before whispering “Let it go…He’s not worth it baby” Bomi drew back before sighing.

Eunji looked at the boy who hit bomi and raised an eyebrow seeing Naeun with him. “Your girlfriend is right Yoon… Back off and stay in your place with that Eunji.” Hearing his words, Eunji’s blood boiled in anger so she quickly stood in front of Bomi and calmly looked at the man whose arms are on Naeun’s shoulders. “Why don’t you back off huh Lee? She’s not part of whatever is happening in my life and so are you, so stick your nose into someone else’s business and get the hell out of my face” Taemin lets go of Naeun before grabbing Eunji by the collar of her school uniform’s blazer.

“Well if you haven’t heard, my future in-laws despise your father’s dirty business, it’s a shame in the whole country’s business such filthy money you earn” Eunji gives him a death glare as he gripped on her collar tightly. Before Taemin could raise his hand to slap her, a voice was heard “Oppa Stop That…” Son Naeun whispered softly as her eyes looked down with guilt and teary eyes as she feels her heart beat in a very fast pace, almost like a bullet train passing by. She wipes her tears quickly as no one notices before looking at the boy in a pleadingly way “I’m hungry and we should go get something to eat” She gives him a sweet smile. Taemin who was stuck in love with Naeun agreed and lets go of Eunji. “I’ll be back to get you ”

Eunji sighs as she and her younger friends walks home. She looks at Hayoung and Namjoo as Hayoung wrapped her arm around Namjoo’s shoulder before kissing her temple. “I wish Naeun and I could be like that” Her thoughts were cut off as she sees Naeun’s father on the television news making a speech.

“We wish to live in a world where business and economic statuses were clean but since there is a specific business management run by a gambler, business in South Korea will remain a dangerous place full of crooks and corruption and, we Son Corporations in participation with the Lee family wish to clean the mess up…”

Eunji sighs again as she hears Naeun’s father’s words. Different emotions and thoughts start racing in her head “What would he feel when he finds out I’m dating Naeun?” As her thoughts start to make her worry, her cellphone rings as someone texted her. She stops walking and looks at her friends “Hayoung and Joo, go on without me I’ll be fine I need to go somewhere first.” Hayoung nods while Namjoo asks “Are you sure? Are you going to be okay?” Eunji smiles and pats both of their heads “No worries both of you I’ll be fine, I just need to pick up some groceries” Hayoung offers “You won’t need help” Eunji chuckles and lifts her arms up, showing her muscles “I’m fine Maknae and It’s only one bag” The two lovers say goodbye before walking home. Eunji however stays still and looks at the text one more time.

Naeun: We need to talk, Meet me at Yeouido Hangang Park…same place as always.