Chapter 6

Ordinary Thing

Lunch started and Naeun stayed in the room to read a book as she ate an apple while Eunji went to the cafeteria with her friends.

As Eunji walked to the cafeteria with Bomi, she noticed that Bomi was oddly quiet and looked like she was thinking about something else so Eunji decided to call her attention.

“Bomi-yah, what’s wrong bud?” Eunji nudged Bomi’s shoulder as Bomi looked at her and smiled sheepishly, shaking her head.

“Nahh…Just thinking about something. Hey umm…. Eunji, I have a question to ask you” She cleared before she stopped walking. “What do you see Son Naeun as?”

Eunji stopped walking and looked at her with a confused face “What about Son Naeun?”

Bomi stuttered as she senses Eunji’s serious tone. “N-No I just thought that umm… Forget it.” She continued to walk forward in a fast pace as Eunji quickly catches up on her “No…Bom… I just wanna know, what about Son Naeun?”

Bomi looks at her with a nervous face and sighs before speaking. “Fine… I just thought that you had some sort of relationship with her… With how you weirdly interact with her… I’ve never seen such hot tension like that.”

Eunji chuckles and shakes her head “Nothing’s going on with me and that girl” She lies to her best friend and puts her arm around her shoulder. “I’m just worried about what other people will think and I was just making sure that she was comfortable with me being her partner, after all… you know what’s going on with our parents… I can’t be in a relationship with Son Naeun” she says bitterly.

Bomi nods but couldn’t help but be curious with Eunj’s tone. “I guess so… She’s out of your league too” she jokes making all the tension go away.

“Ya- “Eunji screams at Bomi before she hears a familiar shout at the end of the hallway

“Yah!! Hurry Up you two! We’re hungry” Chorong screams as she sees the two fooling around.

Eunji and Bomi quickly approaches their friends as Chorong taps her foot on the ground with her arms crossed. Bomi quickly goes to her girlfriend, kissing her cheek while hugging the older girl.

 Hayoung rolled her eyes at this sight and pulls Namjoo closer to her. “Come on! let’s go, My Joo Eonni is getting hungry” Hayoung pulls out a lollipop from her pocket before unwrapping and the sweet candy.

Eunji who sees this tried to snatch the lollipop away from the younger girl “Yah! It’s lunch time you shouldn’t eat candy first!” Hayoung who was obviously taller than her, easily dodged her Eonni as she turned and walked away faster with Namjoo mischievously.

Eunji just shakes her head at the immature maknaes. “Aigoo…” She walks to the cafeteria ahead of the older couple.

Bomi watched Eunji who was trying to catch up with the maknaes, once they had their distance, Bomi looked at Chorong “Eonni… I think Eunji is trying to hide something from us”

 

Back at the classroom, The Son Goddess silently read her book as she sometimes took a bite from the juicy apple. Someone approaches behind her, the person covered her eyes and spoke in a weird voice

“Guess who I am?” The person tries hard not to laugh but failed as Naeun started giggling

“Yah Taemin oppa, it’s obviously you!” She uncovers his hands from her eyes and looked behind as she sees Taemin holding a plastic bag.

Taemin takes the seat beside her before pulling out a small container from the plastic bag. He puts it on top of the table and opens the lid, container filled with kimbap. He gets two chopsticks before giving a pair to Naeun

“Come on eat lunch first” he smiled and tries to feed her. Naeun looks at the kimbap and opens , chewing the kimbap slowly before continuing to read her book. She hears him chuckle as he eats a piece too.

“I heard that you got paired with that Jeong… Do you want me to tell the professor to switch partners with another person?” he asked and looked at Naeun who gave him a straight face.

“No… I’m okay with her being my partner” Naeun sighs and puts her book down “Why does everyone keep on asking me that? I’m fine with her and it’s not anyone’s business whether I’m okay with it or not”

Taemin looks at her with a raised eyebrow before scoffing “Naeun… Don’t you remember who you are dealing with? Her father is a very dangerous person who deals with drugs and murder and maybe she’s a part of all of that, she could be a cold-blooded killer for all we know” He eats another piece.

Naeun feels herself getting pissed off but she bit the tip of her tongue trying to control her emotions “She’s a nice person Taemin, not a killer”

“We don’t know that, some people have different characteristics that are shocking as well, don’t forget that… plus your father doesn’t want you to do anything that is related to that Jeong girl, she’s a dirty same as her father.” He states in a matter of fact tone.

Naeun grips on her book before breathing in and out, calming herself just like what her girlfriend taught her. “I don’t judge people Oppa, Unlike you and Appa.”

Taemin stays quiet and stands up a bit pissed off before walking out of the room. Naeun sighs and runs her fingers around her hair before getting her cellphone texting her girlfriend.

Naeun: Hey Eonni… I don’t feel so well, I think I’m going to the roof to get some fresh air if ever you’re gonna be looking for me.

She sighs before sending her text to Eunji as she stands up bringing along her book and apple, walking to the rooftop.

 

 

Eunji feels her pocket vibrate as she gets a notification. She checks her phone before furrowing her eyebrows.

Eunji: What’s wrong baby? Did something happen? Should I go up too and check on you?

She sends before looking at her friends busy eating with their partners. She stands up and takes her lunch before speaking.

“I think I’ll go first, I remember I have something to do.” She makes an excuse as she fixes her things.

Bomi raises an eyebrow before speaking “But Eunji we have a lot of time before last period starts”

Eunji smiles a bit before shaking her head “I have to talk to our homeroom adviser” She ruffles Hayoung and Namjoo’s hair before smiling at Chorong. “I’ll see you guys later” she says before walking away.

As Eunji walked away, Bomi looks at her friends before staring at Chorong “I told you Baby She’s getting weirder” Hayoung raised an eyebrow at Bomi and asks, “What’s up Bomi Eonni, what about Eunji Eonni?”

Bomi sighs before looking at the curious maknaes “I think that Eunji is in a relationship and I also think that it’s Son Naeun”

Hayoung chuckled as Namjoo widens her eyes “Woah Bomi Eonni, are you serious? I mean… their families are in a bad relationship with each other so what makes you think about that?”

Bomi glares at Hayoung before explaining “I saw them, I saw how they’re so subtle towards each other but their tension it’s so heated.”

Namjoo looks at her weirdly with open a bit as she starts chuckling in disbelief “Do you mean they have ?” she turns red before chuckling

Bomi shakes her head before smiling cheekily “Not like that Namjoo but like their aura feels so weird” She wiggles her arms “Aish… I don’t know how to explain this, but I saw them flirting like in a discreet way, the way Eunji looks at Naeun and the way Naeun “takes care” of Eunji”

The group silently processed the information before laughing all together at Bomi’s weird antics.

Bomi pouted before looking at her girlfriend. Chorong stops laughing and clears “Guys, lets respect Bom’s theory, if that’s what she thinks then okay maybe Eunji is hiding something from us, I mean recently she does make up excuses to leave early and not hang out with us.” She smiles a bit before holding her girlfriend’s hand.

Hayoung sighed before nodding “Yeah lately she did have a lot of excuses and refuses to hang out with us after school” she silently thinks as she plays with her food “Is she avoiding us? Does she not like us anymore?” she worries and looks at Namjoo who rubs her back

“Don’t worry Hayoung, after all Eunji is having a tough time right now, we need to support her no matter what and protect her from whatever bad rumors spreads.” Chorong assures the youngest and smiles sweetly.