Chapter 8

Ordinary Thing

Eunji plays with her fingers nervously as she texted her friends to meet them at the rooftop when classes are over. She stands in a corner as she tries to breathe in and out, calming herself.

Naeun looks at her with an amused grin as she sat on the pavement floor, she looks at the youngest girl on the roof as she played with her phone, concentrated with slightly ajar as her fingers pressed on the screen of her phone vigorously.

“Score!!” Hayoung exclaims as she raised her fist up in the air. Eunji looks at her weirdly before speaking “Yah! be quiet there are still classes going on and people might see us in here, WE MIGHT GET IN TROUBLE not just for skipping classes but also me and Naeun you idiot!”

Hayoung pouts before going back to her game, murmuring “Sheesh, you’re just pressured about later Unnie”

Eunji shakes her head “A-Am not! plus you want me to tell Namjoo that you’re skipping classes without an excuse?” She sticks out her tongue at the younger one before sitting next to her girlfriend who’s trying hard not to laugh at their ridiculous conversation.

Hayoung glares at Eunji’s direction before shaking her head “NO! don’t tell Namjoo eonni and my excuse is that I needed a break from class” She smirks and pauses her game, looking at the couple.

“What’s your excuse then? Planning a make-out session before I disturbed the both of you?” Hayoung snickers before giving out a very mischievous smile at the both of them.

Naeun widens her eyes as her blood rushed to her face as she turned embarrassed at the straightforward maknae “I-It’s not like that at all.”

Eunji rolled her eyes at Hayoung’s accusation “You ert, Naeun wanted to stay up here and avoid the stress from the people from our class and it’s our free period!”

Hayoung chuckles a bit before nodding “It’s not like you both haven’t done it yet right?”

Naeun’s face grew redder and redder and hides her face with her hands. Eunji stood up and pinched Hayoung’s ear “Yah! You’re so bold and forward and here I thought you were the innocent baby”

Hayoung whined and pushes Eunji’s arm away from her “That Hurts! I’m not a baby anymore Eonni. Me and Namjoo have already done a lot”

Eunji widens her eyes and holds Hayoung’s hand before hitting it lightly and continuously “YAH!! That’s so blunt of you and what happened to our baby!! You Are Not Allowed to Grow Up Yet!! NOT MY INNOCENT BABY!!”

Hayoung grunts in annoyance before pouting as Eunji cuddles closer to her. Eunji looks at Hayoung before ruffling her hair “USE PROTECTION AT LEAST!”

Hayoung looks at her with a confused face before stammering “U-Unnie, Me and Namjoo eonni haven’t done that, I was talking about kissing!!! What did you think I was talking about?”

Eunji looks at her with a poker face before face palming “Hayoung…When people are saying “doing it” It means they’re doing something else!! Nobody thinks of Kissing when you say it like that” She whispers quietly “Well, At least you’re still innocent and still our baby.”

In fact, Eunji and Naeun haven’t done anything like that before either as both wanted it to be in the right time and in the right place. Eunji respected Naeun’s choices and she didn’t want to pressure her girlfriend into doing something she doesn’t want.

The two continued bickering as Naeun quietly watched them seeing Eunji’s motherly side. She smiled thinking how lovely Eunji would be as a mother in the future. Naeun wonders if she and Eunji will have a future together as both are seeing reality as a struggle to be in. With all the mess their lives were in already, the only thing making them stronger are their love and trust in each other.

Eunji noticed that Naeun is staring off in a deep thought. “You okay Naeun?” Naeun snaps out of her thoughts before nodding at Eunji “Yeah I am, just nervous”

Eunji lets go of Hayoung before moving closer to her girlfriend “Hey, there’s nothing to be nervous of, after all you passed the devil already” She smirks and hears Hayoung curse at her.

Naeun chuckles before pecking Eunji’s lips quickly. “You’re also nervous Unnie, I saw you earlier!”

Eunji chuckles before ruffling Naeun’s hair “Well I kind of am, but you really don’t need to worry baby they’ll love you too”

Before Naeun could respond, there was a loud knock on the rooftop door followed by a scream “YAH HURRY UP AND OPEN THE DOOR!!” Bomi screams while knocking on the door.

“You idiot! You’re already making too much noise” Chorong scolds Bomi as her girlfriend continues to knock loudly and scream.

Eunji and Naeun both stood up and dusted off the dirt from their skirts before taking a deep breath. Hayoung didn’t mind anything around her as she played with her video games.

Eunji nods at Naeun before holding her hand and opened the door.

The three girls barge inside the rooftop, not noticing Naeun inside as Namjoo went to Hayoung scolding her quickly

“Yah! Why did you skip your class and how long have you been here?” Namjoo takes off Hayoung’s earpod as she pinched Hayoung’s ear.

“Ouch! I’m sorry baby I really am! Just please, let go of my ear!” Hayoung begged

On the other hand, Chorong was still mad at Bomi as the latter begged for her forgiveness.

Eunji raised an eyebrow as the room became noisy.

“Quiet Down!” Eunji says as she got everyone’s attention.

The three girls gasped and dropped their jaws as they see their friend holding hands with the school’s Goddess.

“Daebak...” Namjoo and Bomi exclaimed at the same time.

Naeun bites her lips a bit before bowing down to her girlfriend’s friends.

“Hello, I am Son Naeun” She says quietly as she smiled shyly.

Eunji smiled proudly at her girlfriend before nodding at her friends

“Yes, this is Son Naeun and she’s my girlfriend” She looks at her friends with a big smile on her face.

 

The atmosphere of the rooftop became quiet as no one dared to say anything. Naeun nervously looks down feeling the gazes and stares of Eunji’s friends.

Eunji clears before speaking “So does anybody have questions?”

“Yeah, I have one, why did you hide it from us?” Chorong glares at Eunji before looking back at Naeun

“Me and Naeun made a decision not to tell anyone just yet, not because I don’t trust all of you, but I had to protect her from the judgement and hatred when people hear her name and mine in the same conversation.” Eunji explained

Chorong scoffs as Bomi rubs her shoulders, whispering “Don’t be mad babe”

The older one shrugs her girlfriend off before crossing her arms “I am Bomi! Eunji hid her relationship from all of us in more than a year!”

Eunji looks down and held onto Naeun’s hand tightly rubbing it, giving courage to her girlfriend.

“It’s not easy to just announce our relationship unnie, please understand that I did this to protect the both of us. If anyone knew about our relationship, our parents will break us apart and you know what my father can do. She’s a Son, a freaking Son! My father could kill me for real and I am afraid of what might happen to Naeun if he knew that I’m dating her”

Naeun looked at Eunji with a sad face as she revealed her feelings. She looked at the angry leader before standing up and bowing to the leader.

“I’m sorry but please don’t blame it on Eunji unnie. She only did it to protect me and It’s my fault why we hid it in the first place. I am very much in love with Eunji and I am asking all of you to please support us because we have no one else to lean to”

Hayoung stands up before clapping slowly as everyone glared at her for breaking the serious moment

“What?! I just wanted to say that I do support the both of you!” Hayoung rolled her eyes before sitting back down

Namjoo chuckled loudly at her silly girlfriend “I’m here for both of you too Unnies” she winked at the couple.

Eunji and Naeun looked at Chorong as she sighed and rubbed her temple.

Bomi whispered to Chorong “Unnie come on, please don’t be mad at the both of them and let’s understand them hm? If we were in there position right now, I would’ve done the same and protect you too”

Chorong sighed and looked at Bomi “I know that my babo”

She chuckled and looked at the couple “I was just mad for a while but of course I’ll support the both of you no matter what. Aish you Jeong babo, don’t you remember who I am?”

Eunji smiled and stood up “You’re our leader-nim, you know us too well”

Chorong nods proudly before looking at Naeun “Naeun, you don’t need to be formal on us”

She walks closer to Naeun and held her hand “Welcome to the family” she winked as all of them cheered.

Bomi screamed suddenly “YAH! I JUST REALIZED THAT I WAS RIGHT AFTER ALL!”

Eunji screamed back “YOU BABO! THERE’S CLASSES GOING ON BE QUIET!”

Chorong rolled her eyes and scolded the two girls screaming at each other “You idiots! You’re both shouting! I am also giving you all a warning for skipping class”

Namjoo walks over to Chorong while rubbing both her hands together “Unnie Please let us off the hook, you’re giving Naeun unnie a wrong impression”

Chorong rolled her eyes before shaking her head “Naeun knows the rules right Naeun-ah?”

Naeun nods at her shyly before pouting lightly at her girlfriend. As the rest groans at the student council vice president.

Chorong smirks teasingly “But since we have a new member in our family then I’ll let you off the hook this time”

They all cheer as Bomi kisses her girlfriend’s Lips “YAH! NOT IN FRONT OF THEM!” Chorong screamed. They all laughed as Chorong scolds Bomi again.

The rest of the day went better as they spent their time with each other on the rooftop. As school ends, the couples went out one by one leaving Eunji and Naeun alone on the rooftop.

Eunji looked at Naeun before poking the side of her body “You feel okay now?”

Naeun nods before kissing her girlfriend’s cheek “Yeah I feel much more better now”

Eunji blushed slightly as the younger initiated the skinship “I’m glad everything turned out to be okay”

Naeun smiles before nodding “Thank you…”

“For what Naeunnie?” She looks at Naeun who was smiling widely

“For telling your friends, somehow I can breathe properly but nonetheless thank you for continuing to love me and not giving up on me”

Eunji smiles shyly before nodding “I don’t care if you’re a Son, I’ll continue to love you no matter what even in the next life, I don’t care if the world tries to tear us apart again, I will never stop loving you”

They kiss softly, melting in each other’s arms. Vowing to each other that their love is stronger than anything else.

 

 

 Teaser for the next chapter:

“He won’t be home for three days, I swear he’s not there, we need to go to my house now!”

“Eunji unnie I think someone’s home”

“Hyerim-ah?”

“…”