Chapter 3

Ordinary Thing

Eunji with her cap and mask on, starts walking to the Park alone as she goes on a path where no one knows except for her and Naeun, their own Secret Garden. As she enters the garden, she feels her heart beat fast with each step, moving closer to the girl who’s sitting on the bench.

“Naeun-ah…I’m here… What do you want to talk about?” As she faces Naeun, she sees the girl whose face was red with dried tear marks on her cheeks. “Clearly she’s been crying” Eunji thinks and quicky crouches down to wipe her tears before taking off her cap. “Naeun…What happened did anyone hurt you? Who made you cry?” she feels herself tremble as the hairs on her arms start to stick out thinking about that guy she was with earlier. “Did…Taemin do this to you?”

Naeun quickly shakes her head and tears up again “N-No He didn’t do this to me….Eonni I-I’m sorry for not protecting you earlier, I-I just stood there and did nothing while he almost hit you- “ Eunji smiles a bit before interrupting her “Hey…But you did stop him from slapping me” Naeun looks down and continues to sniffle as Eunji pulls her into her arms and hugged her “That was brave enough for me my Nangni” She says as she continued to let the girl cry on her shoulder.

Once Naeun calms down, Eunji sits down beside her and let Naeun rest her head on her shoulder as they continue to talk about their day. “Naeun…Have you eaten yet?” Naeun shakes her head as Eunji smiles “Then let’s go to get something to eat near the park hmm?” Naeun widens her eyes a bit before stuttering “W-What if we get caught and the people tell our parents?” Eunji calms her down before reaching for her cap and putting it on Naeun’s head. “There, my baby can’t be noticed now” Eunji scrunches her face cutely and fixes Naeun’s hair. Naeun looks at her girlfriend lovingly before pecking her lips through Eunji’s mask.

There are boundaries in this world when people try to separate each other, but for love…

Eunji pulls down her face mask before holding Naeun’s face to kiss her lips longingly. Pouring each other’s love that they cannot show to anyone else. Just them, in their own Secret Garden.

Love can do anything powerful even if both of their parents are rivals and the people around them would never agree with their relationship. It’s Naeun and Eunji’s love that can never be stopped.

Eunji pulls away before putting her mask back on before chuckling “That was a kiss, not through the mask Nangni” She stands up and lets her hand out for Naeun to hold as they exit the Secret Garden.

The two lovers hold hands as they walk around. Eunji was looking around to see if there were open food stalls, while Naeun kept quiet as she held on Eunji’s hand. “There!” Eunji points out to an old man who was selling Street Food. Eunji quickly leads her there “Hello Ahjussi! It’s me again!” Eunji smiles and takes off her mask. The old man quickly smiles and recognizes her “Eunji, Good to see you again” his eyes quickly looks at the quiet girl beside her “Why, this must be your girlfriend hmm?” Eunji nods and smiles widely “Yeah, this is the one I was talking about” Naeun looks at Eunji before whispering “Eonni, you told him about this?” The old man chuckles and shakes his head “You can trust me, Miss Son, you see I was Eunji’s old Gardener when she was just a child, I sometimes raised this girl together with my wife whenever her parents weren’t around.”

Naeun smiles and bows her head a bit “Thank you for raising Eunji Eonni well” The old man chuckles and leads them to a stall that was covered. “Whenever Eunji was here she was always alone and that she kept on ranting about what’s happening in her house, she even talks about you” Naeun raised an eyebrow and looks at Eunji. Eunji just simply winked at Naeun before wrapping an arm around her waist.

“This is a covered area, it is okay if you took off your disguises.” The old man kindly smiled at both of them as they both sat down. Eunji smiles and looks at the menu “What do you want to eat Naeun?” Naeun looked at the menu as well and she pointed out “Corndog and Tteokbokki” Eunji smiles and nods “I’ll have the same and umm one Soondae” The old man nods and leaves the stall and proceeds to make their orders.

As they wait for their orders, Eunji looks at Naeun who was quiet. “Are you okay?” Naeun nods a bit before looking at her in the eyes “I’m just angry at the world” Eunji tilts her head “Why?”

“It , knowing that I can't show anyone that we're together”