Chapter 4

Ordinary Thing

After they ate their dinner, they bid their goodbyes to the old man before Eunji walks Naeun home. They stayed quiet as they ate dinner and as they walk home. Naeun sighs as she held Eunji’s hand. She stopped in her tracks before letting go of her hand.

“Look if what I said bothered you then I’m sorry, I won’t say it again.” Naeun looks down and starts walking ahead as Eunji ran after her and gave her a backhug. “I’m sorry too for being so cold earlier, I do Naeun…I wanna show the whole world that we are together, but you know that we can’t, they’ll tear you and I apart and I don’t want that to happen baby.” Naeun faces her after her statement before hugging her quickly “Just take me home now…”

As they reach the corner near Naeun’s home, Eunji took off her mask again before kissing her lips. As they pulled away, Naeun leaned her forehead on Eunji’s before taking off the cap she was wearing and gave it to Eunji “You better text me when you get home” Eunji puts on the cap and the mask on before saluting “Yes Ma’am!” They both laugh before holding each other’s hands, squeezing it lightly before they part.

Eunji sighed as she watched Naeun enter the gates of her home from afar before whispering in the air

“I love you” As she said those words, it was like magic when suddenly she receives a text from Naeun
“I love you too” With that, Eunji walked home happily.

When Eunji went home, it was always the same. The noises from her parents’ arguments caused her to sigh loudly before going upstairs to check on her little brother. Once she enters his room, little Jeong Minki who was only 6 years old, curled up into a ball on his bed as he shivers in fear from the noise on the living room. Eunji closes the door and goes to her little brother, pulling him into her arms as the little boy started sniffling, close to tears as she starts rubbing his back.

“Minki, don’t cry noona is here now, nothing to worry about now.” She examines his body and his face, checking if there were any marks or wounds on his face. She sighs in relief as she sees nothing wrong. “Appa didn’t hurt you right?” Minki shakes his head before closing his eyes “Noona sing me to sleep”

Eunji nods and tucks him to bed before singing a soft lullaby for him to sleep. As Minki slept peacefully, she exits his room and went to her room, changing her clothes into something much more comfortable before texting Naeun.

Eunji: Hey, I just got home baby and I hope you sleep well tonight 😊

Eunji puts down her phone before hearing a loud noise downstairs. She quickly runs downstairs to the living room, seeing her mother holding her cheek with tears dripping down on her face. Her father had just slapped her mother again. Eunji gives her father a glare before going to her mother. “Eomma, are you okay? Go upstairs and get some rest now…I’ll deal with him” Her mother looks at her with concern and shakes her head with wide eyes as her daughter was dealing with the devil again.

“Eomma just go no- “Before she finishes her sentence her father snickers “Aigoo…My beautiful daughter Eunji, you just got home?” Eunji looks at him and nods before leading her mother to the stairs “I did father, do you have a problem with that?”

 “I do, a little birdie told me that you were out with someone” Eunji scoffs and rolled her eyes “Since when did you care about the people I’m with?” Eunji’s father laughs sarcastically before getting a piece of cigarette, lighting it up. “Someone named Son Naeun?”

Eunji felt her world crashing but still did not show a hint of fear on her father. “Whoever said that is a ing liar” Eunji clicks her tongue before smirking “I was out with Chorong Eonni and Bomi, you can even ask both of them” Eunji’s father moves closer to her before using his cigarette to burn on her arm. “Don’t ing lie to me girl” Eunji feels the burn as her eyes start to water, her voice starts to quiver. “I-I’m not ing lying!” Eunji’s father puts the cigarette away before crushing it down on the ashtray. “If I hear you lying Eunji, I’m gonna kidnap that Son Naeun and I’ll kill her…after all she is the daughter of that Son Corporations. Did you hear that scum’s speech earlier?” Eunji wipes her tears away and looks at the wound on her hand before nodding. “I’ll get that bastard soon and I have something for you to do, as of now get the hell out of my sight” Eunji gives him a death glare “Don’t ever hit eomma or Minki, do whatever you want to me. Just don’t ever hit them” With that she exits the room and goes upstairs on her room, locking the door.

Eunji goes to her bathroom before getting the first aid kit, her tears start flowing down her face as she cleans the wound. She continues to wrap the bandage around her arm before hearing her phone ring.  She wipes her tears before attending to the call.

“Hi baby” Eunji clears before sniffling. Naeun senses that something happened to her girlfriend, she worriedly asks “Are you okay Eunji?” Eunji sighs “Don’t worry about it baby…I’ll be alright, you should go to sleep nangni it’s getting late” Naeun sighs and tucks a piece of hair behind her ear and whispers “Eonni let’s talk about this tomorrow okay?” Eunji sniffles again and smiles a bit “Hey…I love you okay?” Naeun smiles and says lovingly “I love you too, take care of yourself and sleep well”

With that said, both lovers went to bed and fell asleep with a smie on their faces.